Demonology rotation on PTR

After trying it out on a training dummy for some time I have to say it is a bit too much. You can pull it off when hitting a training dummy and constantly watching timers/procs etc. If it was a difficult raid boss then you obviously could not use all your concentration on your rotation anymore and it would collapse.

I am wondering what they are going to do to make it easier. It feels like only an ogre with two heads can watch the fight and all the timers/procs at the same time.

remember you won't have 20% haste at level 85. rather 5% or smthing...

---------- Post added 2010-09-26 at 11:04 AM ----------

try and reforge ALL your haste into mastery or crit and see if it helps.

Well it is all most the same as it is on the live servers you have HoG every 12 sec but you dont have to put corruption with the haste lvls on ICC 25 gear the timing is all most the same.You have one proc that is MC and it is the same even maybe little more easy since you cant get a new MC proc when casting Inc like on live servers now.The only new thing is the fel storm but it is a 45 sec CD still it cant be macroed like DE was but it isnt that much of a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that immolate is tough to keep up by using Hand of Guldan on cooldown, as it has quite a long cast time, and with the travel time of Hand of Guldan, from my experience, most of the time it only just refreshes it with < 2 seconds left of immolate. This could be pretty tough in movement encounters, and shortening the cooldown of Hand of Guldan would seem a little over powered, as apart from Soul Fire, its probably our biggest hitter from my experience.

In the last build they made it a 2 sec cast but still it can be a problem 2 sec delay means that immo is falling off.

I would like to recap the rotation on beta, as I plan to level my warlock for cata.

(Boss health <25%)
    1. Keep Demoic Empowerement on CD | Keep CoE on the boss
    2. Keep HoG (Hand of Gul'dan) on Cooldown | Keep Immo on the Boss
    3. Refresh Bane of Doom
    4. Mc procc > Incinerate
    5. Shadowbolt

Is that about right? Or do Demo warlocks still keep Corruption on the target?
    (Sorry if this is completly wrong, I have almost no clue of warlocks)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiruru View Post
    I would like to recap the rotation on beta, as I plan to level my warlock for cata.

(Boss health <25%)

Demonic empowerment is just a movement imparing removal/immunity for the pet. no damage increase to it in ptr by the looks of it. so pretty much a wasted talent, yey blizzard.

(Boss health <25%)
    3. Refresh Bane of Doom
    4. Mc procc > Incinerate
    5. Shadowbolt

- Yes, corruption should be on
    - Demon form
    - Felguard's felstorm (I suppose one could macro it to something else, I was doing it manually)
    - Soulburn for instant soul fires (or whatever you like)
    - at lvl85 you also get Demon Soul to add in the rotation

HoG has a very small window to use if you want to refresh immolate with it.
    Last edited by 6kle; 2010-09-26 at 01:16 PM.

Ehm, couldnt you like, use a fel flame to drag out the immolate time if you have to move or so? its not like your casting shadowbolt while moving. I guess if your stationary 2 seconds should be plenty.

Also Fel Storm, im not sure if i'd macro that, seems like it will do way more damage if you save it for an AoE situation or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadewind View Post
    Ehm, couldnt you like, use a fel flame to drag out the immolate time if you have to move or so? its not like your casting shadowbolt while moving. I guess if your stationary 2 seconds should be plenty.
    Absolutely, Life Tap feels to be a pretty rare cast now with it's huge returns and not insignificant health loss, so using it as the de facto movement spell is rather a waste. The rotation does feel incredibly tight at the moment though; worse than my Frost DK on live it's pretty much global locked, which for such a complex rotation really isn't cool. It's fun, but probably excessively punishing. They need to put at least some of the Immolate extension back on MC imho.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2010-09-26 at 01:33 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont kno but i dont have any problems at all. I use tellmewhen and everything i need to do pops up right in front of my face. Amazing on live right now with demo and amazing on ptr. Having no problems at all and on movement fights with refreshing immo, use felflame while moving or sneak in a felflame somewhere in ur rotation if immo is tuff to refresh with HoG. I like the harder rotations makes scrubs stay away from the spec and go destro instead of just playing the spec becuz u can turn into a purple demon and show people in the middle of Dalaran that u can shapeshift into a demon. Greater the risks, greater the rewards, demo locks that dont kno how to watch their procs and cooldowns on live right now just plain out suck, demo locks that do kno how to can end up being in the top of meters most of the time.

Demo locks (on live) are synonymous with AGROO and ´Not enough mana´ ... it´s enough for me to stay away from this specc (if we´re talking about pleasure of playing) ..

I´m really curios how ´´playable´´ will be demo when the patch comes on live .

My current rotation with my lvl 85 Lock

CoE>>BoD >>Metamorph >> Demonic Empowerment >> Demon Soul >> Hand Of guldan >> Fel storm >> shadow bolt until MC proc >> if MC proc do immolate then incinerate >> at <25% spam soul fire

also use instant soul fire when soul burn is available and use your gurdian if out of CD ... its better to refresh the immolate u casted with felflame when u have to move too

the only thing that cripples the rotation is the necessity to cast shadowbolt to get the MC proc ... it would have been more convenient to let it proc with incinerate instead or even HoG
    Yes, corruption should be on
    its useless ... u dont need another waste of GCD with all that rotation

HoG has a very small window to use if you want to refresh immolate with it.
    I dunno what u mean ... but right now HoG do far alot dmg then soul fire ... you have to cast it as soon as its available

Quote Originally Posted by Shadewind View Post

Also Fel Storm, im not sure if i'd macro that, seems like it will do way more damage if you save it for an AoE situation or so.
    CD is only 45 secs on the ptr, i sure as hell macro'd it :P

And why would you keep corruption on? You know it doesn't proc MC anymore right? Or does inherent crit and haste scaling make it good enough for pure dps?

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 06:04 AM ----------

Ontopic:

I found it pretty easy after a bit of trying tbh, you only have 2 dots to keep up now instead of 3.

10+ Year Old Account

(Boss health <25%)
    3. Refresh Bane of Doom
    4. Mc procc > Incinerate
    5. Shadowbolt

Think you mean Boss Health > 25%.

At < 25% you'd prob just be spamming SF with BoD and HoG up. I'm guessing.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted

(Boss health <25%)
    3. Refresh Bane of Doom
    4. Mc procc > Incinerate
    5. Shadowbolt

why would you use demonic empowerement on fights without root/snare? You know it doesnt anymore make FG atgtack quicker?

As far as I know corruption should have higher damage per cast time than shadowbolt now that it scales with everything.

Maybe HoG's immolate refresh is more fun with fel flame. I'm playing on PTR so I can't try it. HoG has a small travel time before it refreshes immolate so the window felt smaller than I thought. The big latency on PTR isn't helping either. I guess it might turn out ok, will have to wait and see how it is at 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    And why would you keep corruption on?
    Because it has a higher DPET than Shadow Bolt. Or are you talking during Decimation?

Deleted
    i cast HoG in 1,64sec but come 81 ratings will give a lot less so dunno then. Prolly still around 1,8 then.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The passive bonus we get from shadow and fire damage in our demo talents (15%) plus scaling from our stats will make corruption a definite dps gain by using it. I think the demo rotation is easy and having corruption mixed in doesnt make it that hard at all. The time our demo rotation gets harder will be at lvl 85 when we mix in Demon Soul with meta. That is wut we should be asking, save Demon Soul for an opener than pop meta after its over or combine them, thats wut ive been wondering. I was thinking popping DS first for the haste and damage buff to help with our burst then popping meta after its over for more sustained damage, our opening damage on boss fights at 85 for demo is goin to be unreal.