Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast

It seems that all our frost and triumph badges will be converted to points that will ultimately buy us ilvl 346 blue gear. That's not too shabby, at least -- that's basically the average iLvL needed to attain to get Heroics-ready in Cataclysm (for comparison, getting full ilvl 187 blue gear so you can get set to get the ilvl 200 blues from heroics).

Can't complain.

Also bears repeating for those freaking out about Boubouille's adjusted date:

Quote Originally Posted by Reaperxx View Post
    Not Official
    Last edited by greyghost; 2010-09-27 at 07:03 AM.

All I care about really is playing my new alts in the new 1-60 areas. That's the main thing I'm waiting for.

Arcanae: "They don't want us to use them as portal hubs so they put in class trainers... lolwut? Looks like a last minute, and stupid mind you, decision the way they're just thrown in there. "

Thats exactly what I thought: last minute decision and the npc's were just thrown in their.

$50 says they pushed back because Blizz still cant figure out how to balance the classes.

The release date was never Nov. 2, Boub was an idiot for posting that he heard 'word of mouth' that it was Nov. 2 and he or anyone that believed that tomfoolery was a goddamn moron. Blizz will never release a Warcraft title before Nov. 27th. Ever.

Please stop posting things that have no basis in reality and no reference.

Quote Originally Posted by h44mm00 View Post
    There is no reason to delay it, this is just marketing and wanting more money (as if they won't make hundreds of millions of dollars if they released in Novemeber anyway). Very frustrating for the people who were trying to plan around the holiday seasons.
    There was never an official release date, so it was never "delayed".

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would they remove the portals? How are we supposed get to the auction house and to Dalaran?

Deleted
    Worrying news.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/58123/willow-mask/

vs

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/60425/v...rs-chain-helm/

Heroic blue, iLevel 346, vs PvP Epic, iLevel 365.

I'll list the discrepancies for you:

PvP over HC:
    +59 Agility
    +87 Stamina
    +241 Resilience rating (271 if you count the socket)
    -1 Mastery Rating (-31 if you count the socket)
    -162 Critical Strike Rating

Now I won't doomsay, and I won't cry OMFG NERF. I KNOW Beta is Beta, even more so now than a week ago when it looked like the beta would come to a swift end soon. But does anyone remember BC? Remember how newbies would farm Gladiator or Merciless over heroic items in order to get into raids? I know about itemization progress atm, but to me as a hunter the two above items look, at the very least, equal for PvE content.

I KNOW that we don't know (oxymoron) the item reqs for PvP items yet, but as I recall it they are doing away with personal rating and making it a question of Conquest Points only. And if that is the case, then we might see another surge of bads rolling into raids in PvP gear acting king of the hill. I'm worried.

Please don't flame me.

Pretty much everything I wanted to say has already been said (about the release date). Sorry to everyone who had high hopes or already scheduled off vacation time for Nov. 2nd, but you were ridiculous for ever believing that date was going to stick.

There is some weird ad banner blocking part of the news post. Please remove it.

Deleted
    bad bad bad bad news

I really hope u are wrong on this one....2nd of novemember was the best for me...dammit i really hope novemember 2nd will be the date..

There is some weird ad banner blocking part of the news post. Please remove it.
    Try this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orting-bad-ads

Bear in mind people boub also said beta would start the following week, didn't it end up like 8 weeks or so later when they finally started it lol?

We'll see what happens in october and blizzcon.

No way Blizzard will be silly enough to release their big, long awaited expansion at a time when most players are going to take a break from the game for the holidays. When people take breaks they tend not to come back, thats the last thing you want right after an expansion one of whose primary purposes is to lure all those people who have taken breaks back to the game. That would be like a pub owner giving an alcoholic a drink just before he goes to spend two weeks in a monastic retreat where there is no alcohol to be gotten. Yeah, he might get him back on the booze but it is also quite likely he will be cured again before you can reap any benefit.

after playing beta I'm not surprised that the release is not in November, so many aspects of the game are simply not tuned yet and that takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    Worrying news.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/58123/willow-mask/

vs

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/60425/v...rs-chain-helm/

Heroic blue, iLevel 346, vs PvP Epic, iLevel 365.

I'll list the discrepancies for you:

PvP over HC:
    +59 Agility
    +87 Stamina
    +241 Resilience rating (271 if you count the socket)
    -1 Mastery Rating (-31 if you count the socket)
    -162 Critical Strike Rating

Now I won't doomsay, and I won't cry OMFG NERF. I KNOW Beta is Beta, even more so now than a week ago when it looked like the beta would come to a swift end soon. But does anyone remember BC? Remember how newbies would farm Gladiator or Merciless over heroic items in order to get into raids? I know about itemization progress atm, but to me as a hunter the two above items look, at the very least, equal for PvE content.

I KNOW that we don't know (oxymoron) the item reqs for PvP items yet, but as I recall it they are doing away with personal rating and making it a question of Conquest Points only. And if that is the case, then we might see another surge of bads rolling into raids in PvP gear acting king of the hill. I'm worried.

Please don't flame me.
    You're worrying about nothing, you need to look the iLvL of the two items you're showing us. You're comparing a blue PvE 346 to an epic PvP 365. Procure an epic PvE 365 to hold up to the PvP one -- I'm certain that the stats will be superior for PvE content.

As a point of reference to you, iLvL 346 items that you get from dungeons require level 83 -- they're the equivalent of 187 blues (that require level 78 to equip) that you would've gotten from late-level quests in WotLK. This is the anticipated level of gear that you need to aquire to begin running Heroics in Cataclysm. Since you also need to be level 85 to begin doing these heroics, Blizzard has provided a way for people who have accumulated large amounts of Justice points to gear for heroics if they're missing a few pieces of gear that they haven't replaced through non-heroic dungeon runs.

To compare, this is almost as if they had it where you could use the old TBC Badges of Justice to buy ilvl 187 blues that require level 80 to equip. Again, for the purpose of filling in gear gaps for people to begin doing Heroics.

There will most likely be 365 ilvl blues dropped in Heroics, that will begin to show as superior to the 365 PvP epics, then 365 epics dropping from the first level of Raiding.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2010-09-27 at 07:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drsjohnny View Post
    just wondering where are the portals now anyway in the main city's where would i have to go in one of them to get to a area i could of used before they were removed
    I have no idea what you just said, but I think the answer is 'werewolves howl'.

Disappointed by the changes to Dalaran and Shattrath, kinda makes the 10k gold I spent on dalaran rings kinda useless if I no longer have a reason to go to Dalaran.

As for the release date change, on one hand I'm glad I'll be able to level up during the middle of Christmas break, its gonna be somewhat boring waiting til the new year to start raiding again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby John Kenobi View Post
    No portals = more gold to mages when ppl are too lazy to travel :P

But with classtrainers in outlans northrend, we will have less travel anyways :P
    I hope they have ink/parchment traders in Orgrimmar then.