Question Arena S9 set bonus

I really enjoy playing my mage with a fire spec in PvP, but when I see the S9 4 pieces PvP set bonus I'm a little confused ... My 2 main nukes in Wotlk PvP are Scorch/LB with pyro on procs, I never use fireball nor frostfire bolt.

Does that mean that the 4P bonus will be useless ? or did i miss something ?

Tri.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brain Freeze procs?

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Brain Freeze procs?
    Wow, you just won an internet.

I guess it's pretty much useless for fire, since I still don't expect fire to be the main arena spec. But in rated BGs it might be pretty handy, and there even fireball could be usefull, but not to an extend it's really worth aiming for the set. Well but on the other hand, there is no alternative, so just see it as a bonus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Brain Freeze procs?
    That would make the spells in question instant thus the reduced cast time would be useless!

I believe the 4 piece bonus is to countre exactly what you are saying. The big main nukes are generally not used due to the longer cast time. However a lower cast time may make them come into play more often. One can only speculate at the moment what the devs are thinking but lowering the cast time of the harder hitting spells can't be a bad thing....not the most usefull thing but hey it's a "bonus" not a "makes you godlike if you wear 4 pieces" so it's better than nothing!

Situational ..yes ..then again PVP is all about situations and takign advantage of the positive situations and getting the F out of the bad ones!

PS: Let's not forget how combustion and Impact work now. I would immagine if you see a group of enemies around eachother you would want to fire off a fast fireball for another dot then hit up combustion or toss in FFB and hit fireblast with impact to spread it to them. Could be to give the option to weave in more dots before an impact on crowded choke points.
    Last edited by Odina; 2010-09-27 at 05:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember you get 300 extra Intellect from 4P bonus also, which is total of 400 extra, since its 100 for 2P bonus also.