Thread: Shadowmourne

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    if i get shadowmourne i will go blood and look at the 30k crits
    ....................................................................................

You aren't getting 30k crits from Oblit already?

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelur View Post
    To put this right out there, you're an ass.

I can get hard capped when needle encrusted pops. I do top damage in every raid I am in.
    Do whut? That thing from FOS? Heh... Oh im sorry, I DE'd the one from ulduar (better) long aga.

Anywho, OT: I havnt tried blood, got shadowmourne and thought about it. You may or may not gain 600-1000 dps on stand still fights, depending if you align every single CD/Proc you can. But you WILL lose more than that on movement fights, and saurfang being as you have to "watch" for beasts. (All of these mentioned in heroic) Marrowgar, LDW, PP, Princes, Sindragosa, and of course LK.

Honestly, A DK with SM will get out dpsed by a Ret and Fury. Top guilds are full of it. I Out DPS our DK SM wielder by a few thousand.
    Second; You will ALWAYS be out DPSed by a DW Frost DK who knows the spec well. -Tazie from Aquarium is one of the best I see from charts and polls.
    Third; Even though I could say gratz, it's wasted on Either 2H weapon spec. Better off tanking with it.
    Lastly; I'd suggest plague since overall will do more damage than blood. Good players may laugh at you being blood.

IMO; PvP or bust with it.
    So go boast around your GS in Dalaran/SM knowing a Ret with H Bryntrol and a Fury with Dual H crypts will out dps you with much lower GSes.

.. Flicking you crap, man. Just don't feel bad when a lv 82-83 weapon replaces it. (What irritates me most about cata)
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Quote Originally Posted by Rocap View Post
    Do whut? That thing from FOS? Heh... Oh im sorry, I DE'd the one from ulduar (better) long aga.

Anywho, OT: I havnt tried blood, got shadowmourne and thought about it. You may or may not gain 600-1000 dps on stand still fights, depending if you align every single CD/Proc you can. But you WILL lose more than that on movement fights, and saurfang being as you have to "watch" for beasts. (All of these mentioned in heroic) Marrowgar, LDW, PP, Princes, Sindragosa, and of course LK.
    Saurfang is really the only fight Blood constantly tops because of cleaving adds, resulting in more Sudden Doom procs.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxTheWrecker View Post
    Honestly, A DK with SM will get out dpsed by a Ret and Fury. Top guilds are full of it. I Out DPS our DK SM wielder by a few thousand.
    Second; You will ALWAYS be out DPSed by a DW Frost DK who knows the spec well. -Tazie from Aquarium is one of the best I see from charts and polls.
    Third; Even though I could say gratz, it's wasted on Either 2H weapon spec. Better off tanking with it.
    Lastly; I'd suggest plague since overall will do more damage than blood. Good players may laugh at you being blood.

IMO; PvP or bust with it.
    So go boast around your GS in Dalaran/SM knowing a Ret with H Bryntrol and a Fury with Dual H crypts will out dps you with much lower GSes.

.. Flicking you crap, man. Just don't feel bad when a lv 82-83 weapon replaces it. (What irritates me most about cata)
    You sound mad...

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Saurfang is really the only fight Blood constantly tops because of cleaving adds, resulting in more Sudden Doom procs.
    Sorry, being that adds have been an issue my melee has been advised to not aoe at all. If they die its on them, 0dps =/= O NOES MUH AOERZ?!

Again, all fights mentioned on heroic so dont say you can take the hits from the beasts.

Heart Strike doe about 100 damage on the cleave, so your ranged must be terrible. Tanking 10 man heroic, I never pulled threat on adds and I kept using Heart Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Heart Strike doe about 100 damage on the cleave, so your ranged must be terrible. Tanking 10 man heroic, I never pulled threat on adds and I kept using Heart Strike.
    The only time you might get blood beast aggro from heart strike's cleave is if sudden doom procs.

Even then, they should be almost instantly stunned by a shadowfury or knocked back by a typhoon anyway.

I am blood spec and guess what I have armor pen gems and trinkets. I can get hard capped when needle encrusted pops. I do top damage in every raid I am in. If I screw up and don't do top, I don't drop below 2nd, sure my AOE suffers but that isn't what matters in WotLK. If I got shadowmourne, I would stay blood armp spec because I would always be top. Currently if done right it's the best spec. But if you don't have the armp for it you are wasting your time. Sure once cata hits I will have to re-learn either 2h frost or 2h unholy which I am upset with but people need to learn and think of something else.

Not all classes are ment to be played to the T, especially DK's. Currently there are I think 7 ways to DPS as a DK, not all are the best, but they can be up to par. Now even though we are going to be going back to the 31 point trees, I still think you need to look at gems and such. Like if you look at t11 for DK's, lots of haste. Most likely meaning, don't just go strength gem after strength gem, You probably have to go for some soft cap on haste to be top damage.
    Its people like you that always make me smile and nod my head slowly. If you are actually stupid enough to think that blood dps is the best you are delusional. Is it viable? yes. Is is optimal? fuck no. In fact if I ever met a blood dk in roughly the same gear that could out dps me, me being DW frost, I would prolly just quit my dk because that means that I officially suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ganner View Post
    easy now... lvled him from scratch i did.
    so no trolling. been unlucky with drops i have is all
    Quote Originally Posted by Grissym View Post
    Master Yoda plays WoW. A Priest, on top of it.
    I must tell the world!

Quote Originally Posted by ToxTheWrecker View Post
    A ret with H Bryntroll will not outdps a DK with SM if both knows what they are doing, even with ret wielding SM both are about equal. Furys broken rage-mechanic along with all physical damage, arp and cleaves makes them superior to alla other melee.
    Last edited by Slagge; 2010-09-28 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Missed some info

Quote Originally Posted by wobbrocker View Post
    Its people like you that always make me smile and nod my head slowly. If you are actually stupid enough to think that blood dps is the best you are delusional. Is it viable? yes. Is is optimal? fuck no. In fact if I ever met a blood dk in roughly the same gear that could out dps me, me being DW frost, I would prolly just quit my dk because that means that I officially suck.
    sorry you had to quit

lol funny, my point was its not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ganner View Post
    easy now... lvled him from scratch i did.
    so no trolling. been unlucky with drops i have is all
    Quote Originally Posted by Grissym View Post
    Master Yoda plays WoW. A Priest, on top of it.
    I must tell the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge View Post
    A ret with H Bryntroll will not outdps a DK with SM if both knows what they are doing, even with ret wielding SM both are about equal. Furys broken rage-mechanic along with all physical damage, arp and cleaves makes them superior to alla other melee.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-on...?s=4705&e=4956

yah they will
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted

I am blood spec and guess what I have armor pen gems and trinkets. I can get hard capped when needle encrusted pops. I do top damage in every raid I am in. If I screw up and don't do top, I don't drop below 2nd, sure my AOE suffers but that isn't what matters in WotLK. If I got shadowmourne, I would stay blood armp spec because I would always be top. Currently if done right it's the best spec. But if you don't have the armp for it you are wasting your time. Sure once cata hits I will have to re-learn either 2h frost or 2h unholy which I am upset with but people need to learn and think of something else.

Not all classes are ment to be played to the T, especially DK's. Currently there are I think 7 ways to DPS as a DK, not all are the best, but they can be up to par. Now even though we are going to be going back to the 31 point trees, I still think you need to look at gems and such. Like if you look at t11 for DK's, lots of haste. Most likely meaning, don't just go strength gem after strength gem, You probably have to go for some soft cap on haste to be top damage.

If you cap ARP when a trinket procs, you are soft capped, not hard capped. Being soft capped is a waste, and worse than gemming str if you cannot reach the actual hardcap. Plus the procrate on NES is utter CRAP, so you are actually losing DPS by doing this.

Even with arp (and HARDcap in reach) unholy is still the best spec for Shadowmourne. Try running sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    Grats? Just because something happened one time for you doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    Christ. Wtf sort of shit dps is that? I do like 15k TANKING. A legendary doesn't make the player, but it does help. Also, if you look at the logs properly, the DK isn't double potting like you. Care to come have a dps check with me? It's my offspec ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Calling this, let's see the log.

Now
    Ferals do 20k tanking festergut, I'm sure a DK could get 15k.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DesT. View Post
    Pretty impressive. I haven't been watching the top end logs lately because honestly I don't give a flying fuck about them anymore :P