Thread: Post Count

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Whut? O_o

Imma not trolling, I just... well, often say what's on my mind... even if its connection with the topic at hand may not be readily apparent...
    Sorry dude, but your sig clearly proves you're a troll ... don't try denying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    so you dont care bout post counters but you care about braggers, wich makes you again care about post counters.
    Enlighten me now, whats your point ?
    If you don't care about them, why bother ?
    If you care about them, you are targeting yourself with your first post (or is this a very shallow way to increase your personal postcounter ? //cwutididthar ?)
    I do care about post counters
    My point is some people post just to increase their count
    I do care about them, and that's why I bother
    I am not targeting myself with my first post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valakin View Post
    Yeah, but once you hit a certain number, why not cap it?
    That's an interesting point. I mean sure high post count does signify a sort of 'site or forum expertise' to some measure, but still I've read some fairly un-intelligent posts from people with over 5000 posts, "despite lack of grammar, English was most likely their first language, making it even worse."

I think a cap would be a good idea.

P.S. not insulting people who's first language isn't English BTW, just the lack of information/use of logic/clarity behind bad posters.
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fuknfreak View Post
    post count is like gear score, refer to sig

I'm kind of ashamed to admit that it took me a couple of seconds to get your sig.

BUT! Now that I do... I completely agree

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    I'm obviously better than several people in this thread, because my post count is over 2k!

Seriously does anyone even look at that number? The only thing I use it for is spotting trolls with 1 (or less than 10) posts, which I report a lot quicker than say Lokann a troll with over 6k posts.
    Other than that, it's a bit of a "club". As in everybody with over 1k posts I probably noticed in the forums before. For example Dark Side or Lokann are hard to miss.
    With 6k posts a peice, i would hope we are hard to miss

It doesn't really matter. But under no circumstances are you to boost your post count just for that sake.

Ever.

Don't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

i kind of feel offended by people with high post counts saying they can spot trolls easy because they have a very low number of it. I for one am, i think even now under 20. But does that necessarily mean i am a troll?
    I just spend more time reading than posting in every troll made topic i can find. Sure sometimes i get carried away and reply in some troll topics but who's to say i'm perfect.
    But given from my experience with the MMO-C forums so far, and seeing as almost 6 or 7 out of 10 topics are QQ/trolling topics (and i honestly do not think i am exaggerating), i tend to believe that the more posts a person has,the bigger the troll/qq'er he is. This is not something FIXED of course and am not insinuating that every person with a count over ... let's say 300 is one, its just an opinion based on the majority of topics.

also.. i don't have a sig/avatar since, like i said, i mostly read. it don't matter that much to me.
    Last edited by Frozenshiva; 2010-09-30 at 03:12 AM.

There's a post count?

More posts = more E-PEEN for the trolls

Personally, I assume that those with post counts as high as Lokann's (for example) are esteemed members of the MMO community who actually understand what they post. Unlike 99.9% of the rest of us :P

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Personally, I assume that those with post counts as high as Lokann's (for example) are esteemed members of the MMO community who actually understand what they post. Unlike 99.9% of the rest of us :P
    Not so true. Roleplayers get a huuuuuge boost in post count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    More posts = more E-PEEN for the trolls

It's pretty hard to get a high post count as a troll. You're either banned too often or swiftly perma-banned. Maybe it's a merit of how long they've gone on without getting punished?

anyone know what the highest post count is?
    <!Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton!>
    ;0

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not use my post count as a Epeen monitor. I do however use it as a status symbol so people see <6000 posts and think "wow, shes been here a while, maybe i should read this post"

post ccount helps u tell between new ppl and vets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    I'm obviously better than several people in this thread, because my post count is over 2k!

Seriously does anyone even look at that number? The only thing I use it for is spotting trolls with 1 (or less than 10) posts, which I report a lot quicker than say Lokann a troll with over 6k posts.
    Other than that, it's a bit of a "club". As in everybody with over 1k posts I probably noticed in the forums before. For example Dark Side or Lokann are hard to miss.
    I've been seeing Vorack around alot more. And he's not a troll. His posts have helped me in someway..yet I can't remember how.
    But thanks anyways <3 Vorack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    I've been seeing Vorack around alot more. And he's not a troll. His posts have helped me in someway..yet I can't remember how.
    But thanks anyways <3 Vorack
    I whole heartedly agree, Vorack is a very cool guy and one of my faovrite posters <3 Vorack

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    Wait... this posts power level... it's over 9000!

But seriously, I like but hate the post count feature, it lets you know that someone's been around for awhile and is presumably reliable but then you have people doing "
    well without the counter you still have the titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a while, I was in the camp that the greater the number of posts, the more credible/sane a person was.

But then, some topics cropped up about bans and people being upset about said bans so I started to see if, using my piddly powers of observation, there was any casual trends between people I saw that were banned. I expected to see that the people getting banned generally had low post counts.

However, the only real trend I saw was that people with under say, 1k posts, could at any time lose their minds and get banned. To go back and read the series of posts that often precede the post that finalized a ban typically showed what can only be described as a descent into rage.

My concluding thought is that the post count serves as a useful metric at the extreme ends, some of the time, which is to say it's almost worthless as a consistent measurement of value for a given poster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I whole heartedly agree, Vorack is a very cool guy and one of my faovrite posters <3 Vorack
    I think Vorack is a pretty cool guy, eh helps me out and doesn't afraid of anything?
    Sorry about that. It was necessary.

OT: I've noticed that the few people I recognize (Dark Side, Lokann, most mods, etc.) almost always have high post counts, but not because it's some kind of E-peen meter; it's just that the only way to become recognizable to the community is to post well and often. Otherwise, join dates are usually a better indicator than post counts.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantumall View Post
    I think Vorack is a pretty cool guy, eh helps me out and doesn't afraid of anything?
    Sorry about that. It was necessary.

OT: I've noticed that the few people I recognize (Dark Side, Lokann, most mods, etc.) almost always have high post counts, but not because it's some kind of E-peen meter; it's just that the only way to become recognizable to the community is to post well and often. Otherwise, join dates are usually a better indicator than post counts.
    Haha, i get it I love the "doesnt afraid of anything" line