Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 4.0.1 - PTR Build 13082

Patch 4.0.1 - PTR Build 13082
    A small PTR build is now available.

Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Druid (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Balance
    • Solar Beam now affects targets within 5 yards, down from 10 yards.

Hunter (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Beast Mastery
    • Mend Pet no longer heals for x health, now heals for 25% of the pet's total health over 10 sec.

Marksmanship
    • Flare now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
    • Silencing Shot interrupt effect now works on players.

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Retribution
    • Rule of Law no longer increases the critical effect chance of Holy Shock, affects Hammer of the Righteous instead.

Priest (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Shadow

Warlock (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Demonology
    • Health Funnel now sacrifices 1% of your total health to restore 6% of your summoned Demon's total health every 1 sec.
    • (Metamorphosis) Demon Leap has been changed back to his pre-Cataclysm version: Leap through the air and slam down on all enemies within 5 yards of the target area, causing 2213.67 to 2624.95 Shadow damage and stunning them for 2 sec.

Destruction
    • Searing Pain now costs 12% of base mana, up from 8% of base mana. Base damage increased by 150%.
    • Immolate base damage increased by 55%.

Affliction
    • Soul Swap now only removes your shadow damage-over-time effects from the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else notice the MASSIVE destruction damage boost? 55% more on immolate coupled with 100% conflags + glyph and talents could put out 33k crits at 80.

Edit: Base damage lol, oops.
    Last edited by Rakavys; 2010-09-29 at 01:52 AM.

Deleted
    Long needed Hunter changes, the only problem left is the ridiculous amount of time the flare needs to reach its target (since volley is removed now).

What we need are mobile phones running Android inside the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's a whole lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol...another warlock buff. specifically destruction, specifically immolate.

i wonder about if blizz even trying to 'FIX' numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakavys View Post
    Does anyone else notice the MASSIVE destruction damage boost? 55% more on immolate coupled with 100% conflags + glyph and talents could put out 33k crits at 80.
    You really think boosting base damage is a massive dps boost? I think it goes from 480 to 744 damage (direct hit) and dot's base damage is low anyway (so no big difference there either).
    Last edited by Spoiledkid; 2010-09-29 at 12:26 AM.

It's base damage, scaling isn't changed. Therefor it's not 50%.

Deleted
    It's the new trend to reduce the radius of every new balance spells to very small area ? 10 > 3 yards mushrooms and now 10 > 5 yards solar beam !
    Last edited by mmoc614c5fd55f; 2010-09-29 at 12:41 AM.

not really interesting atleast for me ( i don't arena or play those classes>->)
    but someone please explain me what's the point of this o.o:
    Mind Spike now causes a "high amount of threat
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

Hey look they nerfed aff again.

EDIT: the mind spike change is likely to prevent Spriests from having a quick ramp up.

doesn't really suck that much that they reduced the solar beam diameter cause that would only be truly plausible if a bunch of casters just stood around all clumped up and you managed to get off an overgrowth roots, just more fine-tuning i guess :X

"* (Metamorphosis) Demon Leap has been changed back to his pre-Cataclysm version: Leap through the air and slam down on all enemies within 5 yards of the target area, causing 2213.67 to 2624.95 Shadow damage and stunning them for 2 sec."

What was it previously? Judging by cata-videos I've seen this was how it already functioned?
    Last edited by Metaslave; 2010-09-29 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDrood View Post
    It's the new trend to reduce the radius of every new balance spells to very small area ? 10 > 3 yards mushrooms and now 10 > 5 yards solar beam !
    Arenas need their balance...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diox990 View Post
    not really interesting atleast for me ( i don't arena or play those classes>->)
    but someone please explain me what's the point of this o.o:
    Mind Spike now causes a "high amount of threat
    I think it is actually to prevent it to enter our main rotation since evangelism gives us that ramp up time someone mentioned before.

am I the only one disappointed that solar beam is not "the druid gathers up energy through the leaves on his oversized shoulderpads, and unleashes a blast of solar energy upon the target, dealing x to y damage.

still no changes about the warriors extreme lack of dps and threat gain...
    starting to get abit anoying when my tank cant hold agro when tanking more than 2 mobs... im tanking icc on my normal server but struggles alot on the ptr hc's...

4.0.1 on oct 12th then i guess