Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It would be kind of neat if Solar Beam had its radius increased while under solar eclipse (would actually make sense) and Starsurge has a knockdown effect while under the lunar eclipse.

The graphic looks awesome, but it doesnt even leave the boomkin for like 0.5s after the cast is complete. Not sure if I like that.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Hey AtomicDrood,

Would you mind checking to see if Sunfire is still broken on the latest beta build? (It's only ticking about 1/3rd as many times as Moonfire).

Thanks
    Hey my little owl

It seems that it's working, both spells ticks at the same frequency, and for the same damage ^^

Love the new Starsurge graphic, but miss the knockdown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzvvNdzim3I My video of Starsurge + Sunfire. Btw Sunfire works as it should, love the numbers

Nice , can't wait to start levelling my druid as balance for the first time (leveld feral before).

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG, Starsurge looks so pretty qq. I.. I.. just cant explain it at words. I cant wait to play Beta i just received Beta key hehe! I would love to play My Druid <3

We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

*Sees starsurge*
    *runs for life*
    The thing is gigantic...will probably get its size reduced a bit, but the blue aura it has is really cool.
    I must has more starsurge!
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I don't like the way proc warning look still, but Blizzard said they should end up looking good... and why do moonkins get a starsurge animation that looks like a lazor... I'm not even trying to qq but damn it's hard not to. I'm making a worgen druid in cata though so it's whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDrood View Post
    EDITED: I added the video of the new starsurge animation

New things for us on build 13117:

- Brand new animation/art for Starsurge (again) !!!

It's really pretty, maybe better than the last one (bigger, more impressive), i'm just not found of the blue color (i would prefer a mix of green and blue/purple, to represent the arcane and nature damage, but well), and i still think that a "surge from the star" must come from the sky, not from our hands.
    Its not actually arcane damage. This is just a gameplay only thing so as to limit the amount magic schools for the game to six instead of having a dozen or more. The best way I have seen it described would be "moon magic" basically getting it from Elune. But they can't put in an actual school of magic called moon magic so its called arcane to simplify things.

Great pics and vids though. If I decide to play cata I'm thinking I might go balance since I'm not a fan of resto changes, and I I'm a male night elf (shudder at caster form animations) so its nice to know I'll have a bunch of cool effects to look at. Now lets just hope the moonkins get some nice graphical upgrades soon like cats and bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Its not actually arcane damage. This is just a gameplay only thing so as to limit the amount magic schools for the game to six instead of having a dozen or more. The best way I have seen it described would be "moon magic" basically getting it from Elune. But they can't put in an actual school of magic called moon magic so its called arcane to simplify things.

Great pics and vids though. If I decide to play cata I'm thinking I might go balance since I'm not a fan of resto changes, and I I'm a male night elf (shudder at caster form animations) so its nice to know I'll have a bunch of cool effects to look at. Now lets just hope the moonkins get some nice graphical upgrades soon like cats and bears.
    Actally elunes power is arcane

Quote Originally Posted by ELEDIN View Post
    Actally elunes power is arcane
    No its not. Where did you read this? According to her wiki page she was horrified when the night elves started using arcane magic. If she used it herself then she wouldn't have cared. After all she did send cenarius to teach them about druidism, so its not like you can say she is greedy and selfish and only wants herself to be using arcane magic. Nothing on her wiki page says anything about her using arcane magic, its all about her being upset people ARE using it. As I said, the spells are classified in the game as arcane only for simplicities sake.

Bright. Seriously, that's like they took away the plasma thrower and handed us a flare gun instead. A plasma flare gun.

Still, i'd rather have them use the time to get the impact animation up to the projectile... having such a massive thing flying around and then just get the same old wrath at the end is a bit disappointing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Starsurge looks a little like this -> or what? XDD
    Druid since Feb. 06

Hum... after looking at it for a while, i think they might just have broken the graphic, not actually changed it.
    The basic projectile still looks about the same, just sized down a bit and with a metric f-ton of blue glow added.

It's blue light. It shines blue.
    Last edited by huth; 2010-10-03 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely like this one more than the previous animation and the leafy Lava Burst one but the one that looks like a constellation bow has been my favorite so far. I'd definitely be happy if this is the final version. So...new Typhoon next? ^^

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrco View Post
    Love the new Starsurge graphic, but miss the knockdown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzvvNdzim3I My video of Starsurge + Sunfire. Btw Sunfire works as it should, love the numbers
    The animation is obviously not done yet. When the target is hit, there's a green beam like with Wrath and there's also signs of green beams when casting it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I've been raging about the @sshats at Blizzard who always seem to want us to suck in PVP with all these new nerfs, but at least the spell looks cool. Definitely better than the giant booger it started out as. I'm still pissed about all the nerfs though, and something looking cool isn't going to stop my b*tching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    Well I've been raging about the @sshats at Blizzard who always seem to want us to suck in PVP with all these new nerfs, but at least the spell looks cool. Definitely better than the giant booger it started out as. I'm still pissed about all the nerfs though, and something looking cool isn't going to stop my b*tching.
    I think Blizzards knows more about how to achieve balance than us. Let's be patient and then we can start the QQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    I think Blizzards knows more about how to achieve balance than us. Let's be patient and then we can start the QQ.
    ...and then Blizz needs to allow Boomkins to summon Algalon through the powers of the stars. Other classes? Don't worry about them, we're already Balance druids. Wait....what?

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    No its not. Where did you read this? According to her wiki page she was horrified when the night elves started using arcane magic. If she used it herself then she wouldn't have cared. After all she did send cenarius to teach them about druidism, so its not like you can say she is greedy and selfish and only wants herself to be using arcane magic. Nothing on her wiki page says anything about her using arcane magic, its all about her being upset people ARE using it. As I said, the spells are classified in the game as arcane only for simplicities sake.
    Yes i actually read that but its strange, cause few monts ago in the same page said that elune uses arcane power and now they remove it i think.