Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Cata battleground questions

I don't know how much info is out there and if there is a link to official answers it would be appreciated, but the way I'm understanding rated bg's is that you don't have to have a team like in Arena you can get 9 other players together and queue up for rated bgs so does that mean that the pvp items that DO require some sort of rating will be just for your personal rating and no team rating and if so do you think we can expect to start seeing "LFM for rated bgs, 1800 rating required PST."

other question is that with the release of the Random Battleground option in patch (insert patch cuz i forget) they had it so only max level players have access to it. Does this mean that leveling from 80-85 you cannot do random battlegrounds and that at 80 you cannot queue for random battlegrounds?
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

PvP items do not require a rating at all. Although, you will get items faster if you run with a good group, obviously. So you might still see "LFM RBGs, 1800+" because of that.

I'm not sure about the other question. Once Cata releases they might move the requirement up to 85.

Currently in the beta, my druid at 82 can queue up for random battlegrounds. There are no XP gains from winning a random bg though.

Also, Frygar I believe they will have a rating requirement for the best weapon tier, thats it.

Yes that's true, my previous post was too absolute in its wording. The high tier weapon does require rating but that's it.