Poll: Best Overall PVP class

Thread: Best PVP class?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Historically Disc-Priests have been the most successful PvP-Specc over all seasons and all brackets.

They are however a healing specc and healing will be a lot more challenging in Cata-PvP.

Deleted
    Priests is going to be imba in cata. (specially shadow)

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    . Mages? i just dont se it. Less caster defense, no build in % hot and control crippled by dispel changes.
    Counterspell, mage armor, ice block, invis, eating, evocation. We can be pretty strong vs casters if we want to. Also, if there is LoS available, it can also help a lot (or hurt us vs. dot classes)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiun View Post
    Counterspell, mage armor, ice block, invis, eating, evocation. We can be pretty strong vs casters if we want to. Also, if there is LoS available, it can also help a lot (or hurt us vs. dot classes)
    You have those on live, including a now scrapped talented resistance, yet the balance tip towards dot classes - allso the whole concept of the new fire mage pvp build is that you use Molten armor instead of mage armor. 4.XX Arcane and Frost have way overtuned Arcane Blasts(upwards 90% of arcanes dmg in pve on ptr/beta - 50k critical Arcane Blasts isnt good for mages, their opponents or the game as a whole - i would honestly argue that Arcane is one of the specs in cataclysm which have the worst design pt)and frost are spamming icelances, which is just a horrible and boring gameplay - the frost mastery was supposed to encourage combos with spells with a cast time.
    So yea, Mages might be strong pt because of numbers, not by mechanics - the latter is what`s important and needs work.

Everyone seems to have forgotten fear. the single best pvp move in the entire game. not to mention the self healing + pet + MOAR DOTS!!!!

Warlock FTW

rogues and priests are very good too but i /lol at any frost mage that thinks they can beat an affliction or destro lock with 0 self healing and minimal burst. yay your good at BGs

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why people keeps questioning PVP classes? Historically, Mage and Rogue... scrap the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsyxx View Post

rogues and priests are very good too but i /lol at any frost mage that thinks they can beat an affliction or destro lock with 0 self healing and minimal burst. yay your good at BGs
    Kite lock at 20+ yards, juke spell lock. Blow him up.

With LoS, an afflic lock will win, but destro will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Banos View Post
    Completely agree with this guy!
    every class has tons of dmg on PTR

i'm not rly sure how rogue will do against platies

How are shaman losing this!? C'mon...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsyxx View Post
    Everyone seems to have forgotten fear. the single best pvp move in the entire game. not to mention the self healing + pet + MOAR DOTS!!!!

Warlock FTW

Frost mages on the other hand wont eat a bladestorm, killing spree or whatever in their faces.. Also Mages got more tools against casters and melee than Warlocks..

13.6.2. Pointless threads
    "Which class should I roll?" is a frequently reoccurring thread.

There is no real discussion to be had about which class any individual should play. This is a very personal decision and all anyone can really do is post their personal favourites over and over again.

If you wish to find out more information about specific classes, feel free to browse our Class Forums. You can also try to use the forum's search function if you have a specific question about a class.

Other examples of pointless threads include, but are not limited to:

* Which race should I roll?
    * Which faction is better for me?
    * Which is the best PvE/PvP/... realm?
    * Looking for RAF partner
    from http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ore-posting%29

...stop making these pointless threads. we can't possibly know what you like.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    from http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ore-posting%29

...stop making these pointless threads. we can't possibly know what you like.
    I'm trying to pick a class based on how much I like it at in PVE and PVP level 19. I'm liking them all. The next step is high level. Pre-mades are a huge learning curve and I just can't tell which one I want. Not saying I think there should be threads doing this over and over.

Deleted
    im gonna go with priest as hydra is the ONLY ONE IN THE WOLRD to get rank 1 every season

mage, lock or priest.

all 3 are very strong and i honestly would not suggest a different class unless you specifically want to run a certain arena comp.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of people are saying mage. i've been in beta for a while and seen both in bgs and arena. honestly, mages aren't as bad right now when compared to locks for burst potential. (destro) fire is annoying yes, and frost has like an undefined number of snares and escapes - but when it comes down to just OP damage capacity and control, locks win out.

don't get me wrong, both need nerfs.

From 4.01 to the lauch of Cataclysm ..

Clearly rogues. I have seen one or two on the PTR. Their damages are completely broken. They drop a tank or a full resi person health by 2 thirds in 3 seconds. Nothing come close to a rogue in 4.01, even mages or warlocks or moonkins or ferals. Whatever health or defensive cooldown you have they destroy you so quickly that you don't understand what happened. I've seen them dueling they nomatch every class and every spec

And I'm really serious here. you will see it.

For Cataclysm .. I dunno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QsoJAC View Post
    a lot of people are saying mage. i've been in beta for a while and seen both in bgs and arena. honestly, mages aren't as bad right now when compared to locks for burst potential. (destro) fire is annoying yes, and frost has like an undefined number of snares and escapes - but when it comes down to just OP damage capacity and control, locks win out.

don't get me wrong, both need nerfs.
    Well the funny thing is - the ppl leading on in the OMGNERFMAGES brigade actually seems to be Warlocks, that is at least on the US forums.
    I dont really get that concept, since a, their burst is at the very least compareable and most likely superior of any mage spec, b - they arent exactly doing bad vs mages in neither duels or arena, so why this strong urge to nerf a class which actually is more then fine relatively to yourself, c - the melee classes seems to stand pretty united in this whole pre expansion spin war, yet the warlock community`s (or at least part of it) standardrespons to anyone mentioning overtuned caster dmg seems to be "Look!! A Mage!! OMG MAGES!!"