Poll: Best Overall PVP class

Thread: Best PVP class?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best PVP class?

So I've been playing wow for a long time and i am just tired of getting a pvp set with all my toons to pvp with them(not to mention my pally has prot, hol, and ret pve set plus holy and prot pvp sets its a lot of gemming and enchanting for one toon). Going to roll a new toon for only pvp, just not sure what class would be best overall

Frost Mage. Always have been always will be.
    Some spec of some class might come around and be in the spotlight every now and then, but overall its Frost Mage ever since vanilla.

Edit: If you're a Frost Mage and dont think i'm right, its because you're not that good. Not your class.
    If you on the other hand play something else and dont think i'm right, chances are that you're either playing that 1 class/spec thats in the current spotlight or just thinking about that 1class/spec that might be better against YOU.
    Last edited by Ershiin; 2010-09-29 at 04:59 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which ever one you enjoy the most and will feel better to you. The best pvp class is the one you play the best at plain and simple. though spriest is pretty good imo ince i play one
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends!

What playstyle fits you?
    Do you like melee classes more than caster classes or hunters?
    Do you want to play 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 or rated bg's (cataclysm) or all of it?

To simply put out a question like that, asking what is the best class, is just as good as asking for nothing! Some will tell you that spriest are unbeatable 1v1 atm, so you should roll that. Others will say that Warlocks are awesome, some will say that mages have good cc and therefor are the most fun to play.

See if you can't rephrase your question, so people with proper knowledge on this topic can actually help you!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate these questions. It's your freaking choice. Do it on your own. If you hate gearing some toon, obviously you shouldn't pvp with it. You like melee or ranged. That gets rid of half. You like to heal or dps. You like tank damage ie plate etc. Make up your own damn mind. lol

Rogue.

Lets review, has done well in every pvp season.
    Never stays to nerfed for to long, blizzard likes to fix us when we suck.
    Stealth. (self explanatory)
    Sub will be amazing in cataclysm.
    I like chocolate cookies.
    You get to pwnt noobs?

priest is strong lately ..

Not putting this out there so general like this for no reason. I play ranged and melee all the time and i like both. and as far as not wanting to gear them i dont mind getting gear i like to have gear for every spec for all my toons, its that im tired of running around with full bags and bank slots on them for the different sets of gear. i probably spent over 100k on enchants alone throughout WOTLK

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 01:13 PM ----------

And yes i do plan on playing BG's And prob 2v2 and 3v3 is where im strongest maybe some 5v5

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Willferel View Post
    I hate these questions. It's your freaking choice. Do it on your own. If you hate gearing some toon, obviously you shouldn't pvp with it. You like melee or ranged. That gets rid of half. You like to heal or dps. You like tank damage ie plate etc. Make up your own damn mind. lol
    if you hate threads like this than why do you read them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright then!

My suggestion is mage then. Since you are rolling a brand new one, I would suggest frost mage. You can/should level as frost, and do some bg's on the way, so you start getting the feel for frost pvp. You will get a fun a capable pvp class. Rest is up to you

Have fun

There...is...no...best...class. Choose what you like, and get GOOD at it:

Death Knight
    • Blood – Tons of self healing, very high survivability, lower damage, good control and utility
    • Frost – Hardest hitting DK spec, average control and utility, lower survivability
    • Unholy – great control and survivability, good AoE damage, average single target damage
    Druid
    • Balance – Hard hitting, good control, off-heals, great utility, average survivability
    • Feral – Average to high damage, great control, great utility, good against fears, average survivability
    • Restoration – most mobile healer in the game, low damage, great control and utility
    Hunter
    • Beast Mastery – Hard hitting, extremely versatile pets, average survivability
    • Marksmanship – Good overall damage, good control outside of pet abilities, average survivability
    • Survival – Good overall damage, buffed traps, average survivability
    Mage
    • Arcane – Hard hitting, good control, good utility, lower survivability
    • Fire – Good damage, good control, good utility, good survivability
    • Frost – Average to high damage, incredible control, great utility, great survivability
    Paladin
    • Holy – powerful heals, average control, good utility, lower mobility, low damage
    • Protection – lower damage (but decent for tank), good control, good utility, great survivability
    • Retribution – Average to high damage, average control, good utility, average survivability
    Priest
    • Discipline – incredible damage prevention, low control, good utility, great survivability, good healer damage
    • Holy – very versatile healer, average control, great utility, great healer damage, low survivability for a healer
    • Shadow – great sustained damage, great control, good utility, good survivability
    Rogue
    • Assassination – great damage, great control, low utility, average survivability
    • Combat – great damage, great control, low utility, low survivability (but better vs. melee)
    • Subtlety – great damage, great control, low utility, average survivability
    Shaman
    • Elemental – hard hitting (very hard if left alone), great control, incredible utility, low survivability
    • Enhancement – great damage with wolves (average without), incredible control, incredible utility, decent survivability
    • Restoration – great control, incredible utility, good survivability, decent healer damage
    Warlock
    • Affliction – incredible sustained damage, good control, average utility, good survivability
    • Demonology – average damage (but very high with Metamorphosis), good control, average utility, good survivability
    • Destruction – great damage, good control, average utility, good survivability
    Warrior
    • Arms – great damage (especially vs. cloth), good control, average utility, average survivability
    • Fury – great damage (fast attacks), good control, average utility, average survivability (better vs. melee)
    • Protection – lower overall damage (but decent vs. melee), great control, good utility, great survivability

Deleted
    Warlock was and will always be a good contender for the best PVP class. If one specc gets nerfed you switch to another that is a completely different piece of cake. Though the best tree seems to be destruction for some time now. I agree that frost mages, if played well, are really hard to control though with the fellhunter as a pet they're not that hard.

However with that pet you're quite open for attacks of rogues that most likely own you if you aren't ready with all of your CDs.

Also Shadowpriest and of course Discipline Priests seem to be pretty badass lately. Also it's the only class (besides warriors *duh*) that can dispel iceblock and divine shield in a blink and is able to turn the tide of any battle that way

Ranged: I'd go with a hunter or a mage.

Melee: I'd go with a rogue or an ret paladin.

Healer: I'd go with a discipline priest or a resto druid... but pvp healing is boring.

Thanks guys for the input. and for the record at 10 im lvling solely in bgs to get as good as i can at pvp with that char. i have nough crafting professions on my alts to keep him in decent gear and all boas

Deleted
    Since what i saw in ptr : Priest imba atm (all trees). Mage is all time classic mage (best caster class all around).Rogue is very good also.Druid both feral/moonkin is far better than on live.
    I'm not talking of numbers,i'm talking mechanics etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, how aren't Druids winning?

In Cata they're one of the best BG healers as Resto and one of the best BG DPSers as Chickenkin, and rated BGs are going to be the new Arenas I hear.

Priests are up there too with SP and Disc, they might actually surpass Druids, we'll have to see.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I rerolled a Warrior solely for Cata pVp.. think of all the toys u can get without rating needed, its like GM weapons all over again.. well sort of

Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Frost Mage. Always have been always will be.
    Some spec of some class might come around and be in the spotlight every now and then, but overall its Frost Mage ever since vanilla.

Edit: If you're a Frost Mage and dont think i'm right, its because you're not that good. Not your class.
    If you on the other hand play something else and dont think i'm right, chances are that you're either playing that 1 class/spec thats in the current spotlight or just thinking about that 1class/spec that might be better against YOU.
    that's pretty bias, you fail to mention ANY reasoning at all :P hope your rl occupation ain't a lawyer haha

best pvp class i'd say would be rogue, sure frost mage counters it but rogues op more classes then fm does

I'm going to be totally un biased and say mage.

Nope, not biased at all.

At. All.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by SushiBarrel View Post
    that's pretty bias, you fail to mention ANY reasoning at all :P hope your rl occupation ain't a lawyer haha

best pvp class i'd say would be rogue, sure frost mage counters it but rogues op more classes then fm does
    No, frost can counter pretty much any class/spec. MM hunters, and healers are the only thing that give us trouble. If you play a rogue, you must fight some pretty bad people if you're winning every fight.
    Last edited by Xiun; 2010-10-05 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Rogue.

Lets review, has done well in every pvp season.
    Never stays to nerfed for to long, blizzard likes to fix us when we suck.
    Stealth. (self explanatory)
    Sub will be amazing in cataclysm.
    I like chocolate cookies.
    You get to pwnt noobs?
    Completely agree with this guy!

Mage for ranged, rogue for melee, priest/druid for heals. My vote would go to mage though.