Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Howling Oak in Darnassus now populated

It was hard to take a good shot because the ceiling is quite low!

The scene is mostly Gilneans looking like they're in conversation with Night Elves - though there is no random conversation yet. I hope they add some, it would make the room feel more alive.

On the top left you can see that some Gilneans are happy to stand around in Worgen form, but most are happier as human. There are class trainers for all Worgen classes, meaning that Darnassus has trainers for all classes except Shaman now. In the lower left of the screen are a Gilnean Mage trainer and Warlock trainer talking to a Keldorai mage. The warlock trainer reckoned that if I knew even a portion of what his knowledge it would destroy my mind - so yeah, the trainer's flavour text is in and quite good

Most non-trainer Gilneans are just labelled 'Gilnean Refugee.' That said on the very right of the shot you can see one Gilnean; she is standing with three others and they are not trainers but are 'named.' I'm hoping there's some conversation among these to come as it's odd that they're not just labelled 'Refugees' like the rest.

The tree looks a lot better from the outside tbf

I didn't see any notable names in there, and to be honest I was in a rush cos I was just finishing my lunch hour.. I'll try and have another look later and take better shots. The reason I made do with one 'overall' shot is that there wasn't much of interest in the details!

Don't worry, I was wrong, Genn and Gwen are in the Oak afterall, just uploading a close up and breadcrumb quest text now

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 01:29 PM ----------

Ok, here Genn and Gwen, they're right behind where I took the first picture from!

When you first get to Rutheran Village after the evacuation of Gilneas, you get this breadcrumb quest from a Gilnean:

You hand in to Genn and get a follow-up breadcrumb to Darkshore:

Sorry for the poor editing, really shouldn't be doing this right now as it is

Oh, and the trainers in the Oak seem to the same ones from Gilneas at the beginning

I'll try and have a look - in the last quest screenshot up there he says he has to leave for Stormwind, so he's probably still there, but I'll try and check

No sign of Crowley. I have no idea what happens to him after he legs it at the end of the Forsaken Silverpine Forest quests.

Crowley is busy fighting in at the Silverpine/Gilneas Border.

Spoiler!

After he loses the war, I don't know where he goes.

Yeah, Genn is still chilling next to Varian in SW as well

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had hopes for Gilneans to go to SW. Night elfs maybe helped them , but Worgen are just to awesome to be in there..Darnassus sucks balls....I had hopes for the Park to be updated...At least Genn said he will go to meet with Varian , so we don't know what can happen. But come on don't tell me that YOU ARE LIKE the Howling Oak as their new HOME. ffs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had hopes for Gilneans to go to SW. Night elfs maybe helped them , but Worgen are just to awesome to be in there..Darnassus sucks balls....I had hopes for the Park to be updated...At least Genn said he will go to meet with Varian , so we don't know what can happen. But come on don't tell me that YOU ARE LIKE the Howling Oak as their new HOME. ffs...
    Hell yeah! Darnassus has always been my city of choice ever since I started playing. I couldn't be happier about this.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I guess the fact they state that this is their new home really puts returning to Gilneas out of the question.

More pictures!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooblar View Post
    I guess the fact they state that this is their new home really puts returning to Gilneas out of the question.
    Why? Genn states that he will go to meet with Varian. Varian will sent the 7th legion and retake Gilneas City. This is Beta a lot of changes can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Why? Genn states that he will go to meet with Varian. Varian will sent the 7th legion and retake Gilneas City. This is Beta a lot of changes can happen.
    Gilneas is not becoming a usable city for the 7th millionth time.

It is under war between the alliance and horde (meaning a battleground)

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Gilneas is not becoming a usable city for the 7th millionth time.

It is under war between the alliance and horde (meaning a battleground)
    Yeah but...Gilneas CITY it's not a battleground anymore..they change that. A part of Gilneas is yes. But Gilneas City...since they already had it there do you really think it will be just an empty city in the middle of nowhere? I don't think so..
    Also Gilneas as a zone. If Gilneas was destroyed like : Kezan and Lost Isles and you could't go back there , then ok. BUT it's on the world map...And i am sure it can't be just an empty zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal View Post
    Yeah but...Gilneas CITY it's not a battleground anymore..they change that. A part of Gilneas is yes. But Gilneas City...since they already had it there do you really think it will be just an empty city in the middle of nowhere? I don't think so..
    Also Gilneas as a zone. If Gilneas was destroyed like : Kezan and Lost Isles and you could't go back there , then ok. BUT it's on the world map...And i am sure it can't be just an empty zone.
    Yes because the citizens of gilneas will be able to live peacefully in their city while a war is going on a few yards away. The actualy city part is a quest area for horde where they are fighting the gilneas liberation front.

Its not becoming a usable city in this expansion

/crush all hopes and dreams.

More than anything else, the fact they took a sacred seed from Gilneas and used it to grow their own tree in Darnassus suggests that they plan to settle there. Also, the Ru'theran village NPC refers to it as their new home.

However... it would be nice if the tree grew a bit as time went on!

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF genn doesnt have his own model yet thats bullshit blizzard do the right thing and give Genn Greymane his own special model.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Still needs some more Gilnean-style buildings. A few houses/inn type buildings in the Gilnean fashion around the tree would be absolutely ideal. This would make me far more pleased with the current state of Worgen, and less upset with how short-handed they seem to be.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^ what he said and so far the tree looks great but ya lets get an inn and some cool gilneas buildings!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemsadictos View Post
    woot! you just made worgen fan happy!

any news about Crowley?
    if you haven't seen Silverpine questline, (spoiler) Crowley and his daughter remained in Gilneas to form Gilneas Liberation Front with local worgen to hold back the Forsaken advancement

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    WTF genn doesnt have his own model yet thats bullshit blizzard do the right thing and give Genn Greymane his own special model.
    Probably not done yet, calm down damn.