Deleted

3 oct is my birthday, need some gift advice

This sunday, i turn 20. My parents have promised me that i can choose any game and they'll pay it for me. however, i have absolutely no idea what to get. since i don't have that good an insight in the games that are currently on the market, i've decided to ask the MMO-C community for help.

personally, i enjoy role playing games a lot. i have so far played and enjoyed Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 (+2 expansions), Jade Empire: Special edition, Titan Quest, World of Warcraft, Knights of the Old republic 1 and 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 and probably some others(just to give you an idea of what i enjoy).

i also like playing shooters. Crysis, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Star Wars: Battlefront 1 and 2, Star Wars: Republic Commando, Bioshock, C&C: Renegade, half life 2 and its episodes, those are a few of the games i played and enjoyed.

A third genre i like are Real time Strategy games. the Age of Empires Trilogy, all the C&C games up to and including C&C:Generals, Star Wars: Empire at War, S.W.I.N.E., Warcraft 2, 3 and TFT, Age of Mythology and it's expansion, Battle for Middle Earth 1 and 2 and of course the recent Starcraft 2 all came and went on my harddrive.

finally, i also enjoy Sandbox like games (providing the controls are decent), Adventures and platformers. Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, Runaway 1 and 2, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (although i dropped it due to the shoddy controls), Elder Scrolls 3 and 4 i particularly enjoyed.

now, i don't have that many consoles. I have a Nintendo Wii (although i rarely use it lately) and a laptop that's about half a year old (Acer Aspire 5741G, i5 M430@2.27Ghz, 4 gigs of Ram, Geforce GT 320M 1 GB, windows 7 64bit). i prefer a computer game. problem is, i don't have any ideas on games in the above categories. Could you guys recommend 1 game for each category that i would enjoy and that has been released in Belgium by the end of october? i don't care if is a bit older, as long as it runs under 64bit.

Although it's a tad bit old, try Fallout. It's a mix between a RPG and an FPS.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    I dont know if you already have it or not, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a super fun game. I recommend it strongly!
    (。◔‸◔。✿)

15+ Year Old Account
    =o

My Birthday is the 4th!

But yeah, SMG2 was tons of fun, actually.

Deleted
    some more comments: i have a Wii, but i rarely have time to play it. problem is that we only have 1 TV at home, which means that whenever my parents are home, i can't play. since i'm going to college, i can't play during the day, and i can't play at morning or in the evening. so i'd much rather like a computer game. in fact, i have 4 wii games (zelda: twilight princess, SMG1, lego star wars and Wii sports), and i haven't even finished one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age: Origins and Fallout 3 are good ones that you should enjoy that aren't on your list.

My birthday is Friday (Oct 1st). I had my fiancee get me Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock on the 360

Deleted
    i already have Dragon Age: Origins, and my brother has Fallout 3. i forgot to mention that my brother also has a number of games, too many to sum up. but i just need as many suggestions as possible, so i can choose for myself.

so, to recap: a PC game that runs on the laptop in the OP, either RPG, RTS, FPS/TPS, adventure, platformer or sandbox (preferably a combination of some of these).