Thread: DK AoE Threat?

DK AoE Threat?

I see a lot of people say offhand "oh DK tanks have a ton of aoe threat," which makes me wonder... I'm a pretty good DK tank (not a hardcore raider, but I've completed the 10 ICC meta achievement), and I've always thought that blood tanking had by far the worst aoe threat of any of the tank classes (and yes, I have played pally and warrior, though not druid).

When people talk about high DK aoe threat, are they just speaking without having actually tried DK tanking, or is there some magical method for making aoe threat that I've been missing?

My DK is Kreledrell, on Shattered Hand. If anyone's curious.

Glyph of DnD helps. But other then that just hope for trix/mds from what I have noticed. Try to tab target as well.

Death Knights are better because of mainly D&D.
    D&D threat = Damage * 1.9. Also it is a ranged instant cast aoe ability, which means that you don't have to worry about hitting the mobs before healers healaggro (That is the Protadin's issue).

Also Pestilence, which allows you to get DoTs running on all targets, which none of the other tanking classes have atm.
    (Bare in mind Warriors get this via talents in Cataclysm and Druids get a new ability called Thrash for this.

The third is blood boil. Blood boil is a good aoe spell, because it has a low cost and is a instant cast aoe ability.

Druids are in a worse situation when it comes to AoE I am looking forward to Trash...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

DKs have good aoe threat however the rune dependency of AoE abilities can make the initial pickup problematic for adds that spawn at an inconvienent time.