Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way

Zin'Rokh 2.0 + Runeforging?

As in the title - as a DK, I plan on leveling Archaeology mainly for the awesome 2h Zin'Rokh, but since it's BoA, I'm concerned whether runeforging will work on it. Can anyone with beta answer that for me? It would really be lame if DKs were left out on those awesome weapons...
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

That's an interesting question actually. I'm not sure if Blizzard would want the DK exclusive enchants to ever be available to something that's not a DK.

It should work but once you put it into meail the enchant gets wiped out?

My guess is that it will be runeforgeble, but the effect will only affect DKs, same with looms right?

Yea. The Runeforging problem with Heirloom weapons is that they are all iLvl 1, while Zin'rokh is 359. though i don't quite understand why weapon runes have any iLvl requirements at all. Only DKs can use them and you cannot have two DKs on one server, so the issue never even comes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by seyo View Post
    My guess is that it will be runeforgeble, but the effect will only affect DKs, same with looms right?
    Heirlooms can't receive runes for the reason above. Aside from that, they do indeed have a Class: Deathknight requirement already active on them.

My assumption is that if you transferred it to another character it would 'red out' the enchant just like it would if you had dragon's eyes or special enchants on something and then dropped the skill.

I think runeforging was limited to weapons with a higher item level than 1 so that there is no need to implement some kind of "remove runeforging-enchant"-system when mailing boa-items.

If runeforging-enchants disappear when mailing the items, i dont see why there should be a minimum level for runeforging.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

I think runeforge enchant will just disappear the moment the weapon is sent through mail. That's probably most rational think they can do.

Runeforges require the user to be a Deathknight to work.

They don't need to lift a finger, the system is already in place right now.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a DK and I have Zin'Rokh. Runeforge enchants do work, though I have not tried mailing the weapon to any other character to see what would happen. Probably just go red as others have said.

Deleted
    DK rune weapon enchants have one requirement : Runeforging. If you don't have runeforging, it will just simply be inactive, like you need XXX skill of engineering to use nitro boosts. Try inspecting dk with non dk char you will see "requires Runeforging". If you sent BoA item to char who doesn't have runeforging, enchant simply won't work and you won't benefit from it.
    /thread

The Runeforge enchant needs runeforging level 1, and only DK have that skill...So you can put the enchant on any weapon but it only "activates" on a DK with runeforging.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Runeforges require the user to be a Deathknight to work.

They don't need to lift a finger, the system is already in place right now.
    This, well actualy it requires the ''Runeforge'' Profession, that every Death Knights have, (yes its a profession). Like JC gems requires JCing, if you dump the profession, the big gems stop working, for example.

And conversly, no non-DK can learn Runeforging, so it's equivalent to requiring the user to be a Deathknight. Especially since it is about the second or third quest a DK does that requires you to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by _Khasim_ View Post
    As in the title - as a DK, I plan on leveling Archaeology mainly for the awesome 2h Zin'Rokh, but since it's BoA, I'm concerned whether runeforging will work on it. Can anyone with beta answer that for me? It would really be lame if DKs were left out on those awesome weapons...
    Oh when retris were left out from DBW its okay and lolz everywhere but when a dk doesnt get a weapon its sooo sad and HAS to be changed that they would get it >.> typical

Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    Oh when retris were left out from DBW its okay and lolz everywhere but when a dk doesnt get a weapon its sooo sad and HAS to be changed that they would get it >.> typical
    Stop trolling and leave threads alone if you are not contributing!

On-topic: I guess you can put runeforge enchants on it, but they will be inactive on other chars (as others have said)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I think runeforging was limited to weapons with a higher item level than 1 so that there is no need to implement some kind of "remove runeforging-enchant"-system when mailing boa-items.

If runeforging-enchants disappear when mailing the items, i dont see why there should be a minimum level for runeforging.

Because they also don't want low-level characters using Berserker or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't want to open a new topic for this, so here goes:
    I'm one of the lucky guys that managed to instantly get Zin'rokh. Don't worry, I farmed for 10 days for Tyrande's Favorite Doll and Staff of Sorcerer-Thane Thaurissan, and another 5 for the damn Qiraji mount, which refused to drop, so I know your pain. But I digress.

I have 3 characters that can use the sword: DK, Paladin and Warrior. The DK can obviously use runeforging, and from what I understand here I can safely mail it to my Paladin and/or Warrior without any fears. Now, the question is: IF I enchant the sword with a regular enchant for my warrior or paladin to use, and then I want to send it back to my DK, will I lose the enchant or will it just become inactive when the sword is runeforged/in the posession of the DK?
    If I DO lose the enchant, is there any cost-effective way to use the sword on all 3 characters or do I have to go through the insane pain of farming another one?
    Last edited by Vorador; 2011-01-28 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorador View Post
    I have 3 characters that can use the sword: DK, Paladin and Warrior. The DK can obviously use runeforging, and from what I understand here I can safely mail it to my Paladin and/or Warrior without any fears. Now, the question is: IF I enchant the sword with a regular enchant for my warrior or paladin to use, and then I want to send it back to my DK, will I lose the enchant or will it just become inactive when the sword is runeforged/in the posession of the DK?
    If I DO lose the enchant, is there any cost-effective way to use the sword on all 3 characters or do I have to go through the insane pain of farming another one?
    Runeforges are enchants so they'll replace any enchant already on the weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit, that's exactly what I thought as well...