Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because it doesn't make sense your Pet to be hitting for 15k every 6 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    Beast Mastery
    Kill Command now scales from 35% of RAP, down from 63% of RAP.

Marksmanship
    Aimed Shot base damage increased by 14%
    Mastery: Wild Quiver now grants a 14.4% (down from 16%) chance for your ranged attacks to also instantly fire an additional ranged shot for 100% normal damage (up from 50%). Each point of Mastery increases the chance by 1.8%, down from 2%.

Good god... WHY?
    Ok, the first KC nerf was called for. It hits NORMAL now, thank you very much. Why are you nerfing it again? The Focus Fire nerf doesn't make any sense at all, and the BW nerf is just way over the top.

Marksmanship? Eh? MM sucks atm, yes, you can spam Arcane Shot because Chimera Shot sucks but that justifies an Arc Shot nerf, not a Wild Quiver nerf. As for survival... No words. Just no words. Survival is way way way undertuned at the moment, and they nerf it?

If this goes live I'll be playing my Priest as my main this expac, thank you.
    1. They nerfed KC from 63% to 11%. This was TOO MUCH. They buffed it back up to 63%. NOW, they've nerfed it down to 35%.
    2. They BUFFED Wild Quiver a lot. Re-read the patch notes.
    3. Yes, they nerfed Survival's mastery. No, this is only one of the very first number passes. I'm sure they'll buff Explosive Shot or compensate Survival in a another way soon. It's likely that the mastery was scaling too well, so they had to nerf it.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Warrior tier set looks badass

Well, the warrior's set does look decent. Except the helmet. Thank god for "hiding helmet" feature

Way to go Blizz...I can justify nerfing mastery values as mastery isn't implemented yet but nerfing to the ground Bestial Wrath is too much even from Blizzard.
    Big red kitty is BM signature move from beginning of WoW and now destroying it...just like they destroyed The Beast Within.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Godamn i'm loving the new warrior set, a decently textured fantasy armor set once more! yeah baby!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speculaas View Post
    Have you played a BM Hunter on beta and compared the DPS to the other hunter specs and other DPS classes?

The adjusting of abilities in beta is balancing, not nerfing.
    the beta doesn't have the Arcane Shot nerf (or at least id didn't few days ago), so BM DPS was much highier because of AS spam instead of using Kill Command

with this build BM hunters won't have ANY high damaging shot (also a very very low DPS)

since the first build they have:
    -Arcane shot nerfed (to the ground)
    -Kill Command nerf (from something around 50% to 35%)
    -Bite/Claw/Smack from 14% to 8%
    -Animal Handler from 25% to 15%
    -Bestial Wrath from 50% to 20%
    -Focused Fire CD doubled
    -both Mastery base buff and scaling nerfed

roughly...umh... 50-60% DPS nerf since the first build? i haven't seen any hunter doing 25k+ DPS at level 85 a lot of classes can go over 15k easily

a 20-30% was expected, but this is really too much

P.S. Mastery: Wild Quiver now grants a 14.4% (down from 16%) chance for your ranged attacks to also instantly fire an additional ranged shot for 100% normal damage (up from 50%). Each point of Mastery increases the chance by 1.8%, down from 2%.
    now with even more awesome RNG contents!

and

# Aimed Shot base damage increased by 14%
    really, this is a fucking joke

# Tailspin now lasts 30 sec, up from 8 sec. Cooldown changed to 25 sec, down from 40 sec.
    NERF!

Ah, now that is a badass looking Tier set. Can't wait to get it. Also I have to disagree with the 125% threat boost...100% worked just fine. The problem with threat is not with the tanks, its the DPS. You can't nuke and expect no consequences, yes tanks need to be able to have utility for the dumbasses that can't get this through.

But I'm not in the beta so what do I know, maybe this was indeed needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    lol at pyroblast change

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/09/27/sc...eta/#continued

This is how unbalanced the mastery bonus was. If you scroll down and look at the percentages you fully understand the changes they made to the masterys.

t11 for Warriors is just AWESOME. i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    ok lets see
    rogues buffed <check>
    hunters nerfed <check>
    warriors nerfed <check>

What is GC logic? cause i can see none, literally none in his actions to warrs hunters and rogues...
    He buffs rogues in dmg, sure, why not... its not like rogues deal high dmg right? right?. But where in the name of god is nerf to recuperate?
    this shit heals over 60% hp over 30 secs when properly talented and gives rogues energy regen like with permament adrenaline rush :S

He destroys bm yet again. KC was the problem, no doubt, but rest? i mean focus fire nerf? seriously?
    bestial wrath nerf?! let me guess... because KC was hitting too hard? rofl... this dude proves yet again that he has no idea about hunters. I jsut wonder how in the name of god he managed to become lead designer.

MM changes are good but aimed shot and chimera shot are still way too weak for their cost and MM overall dmg is still weak.

Survival nerf is like.... wait, what? Does he even know how to balance game? you dont nerf everything or nerf by huge ammounts, you nerf by small ammounts to see how it works... is this guy a plumber or something? cause it seems to me that he flushed his balance sense down the toilet

Then the mothership of stupidity.
    Problem? ms being way too weak for 30 rage attack and being much weaker than slam which for its rage cost, has decent damage.
    Proper fix? buff the hell out of ms
    GC fix? decrease slightly rage cost of ms and increase rage cost of slam... seriously...

Tough i think the most pointless and dumb change has to be bloodthirst nerf... How 3% hp each 4.5 sec (assuming you keep BT on cd and you keep hitting your enemy) is in any way strong?
    Arms and fury survival is pathetic and i mean really pathetic, yet he wants to nerf it wherever he can...

Tough i fear that only thing he can do is buff rogues and mages whenever he can and give warrior abilities to every pet in game...

And can we finally get those sweet enchants working when hitting with ranged attacks? scopes arent rly iteresting, nor are passive stat increasing enchants...
    all the rogue buffs were combat spec buffs which they admitted in a blue post before that combat damage for rogues was too low.

Deleted
    Dayum @ combat buffs

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised Blizzard still hasn't implemented the "role" colour schemes yet. It was mid-WotLK when I first heard it was being considered. Red for DPS and blue for tank and green or yellow or something for heals. Not completely coloured over but as part of the scheme if they were using the same models.

Was that scrapped or was that just a line of bull that I was fed way back when...?

Not enough mage information Oh well 2min cd makes RoF abit more useful but i'd still like some pve use for it.
    Also, the warrior set looks great.

@ Season 9 date: Very, very interesting.

Cool to have some sort of release date hammered down. It's even almost official, hehe. Thanks for the updates, as always, Boub.

Please do NOT release it a week before the 15th. I really don't want Cata to come out during finals week.

Hmm, release date estimate seems a bit suspect to me. I'm thinking late November or *very* early December if they're starting the arena season on the 14th. People have to be able to level to 85 and get at least basic PvP gear. A week (or no time at all) doesn't seem like enough.
    Last edited by DrgnDancer; 2010-09-30 at 09:54 PM.

While I am happy that we have at least an idea of the date, plus something that will make all the people who were saying January or later shut up, why are we so sure that the next season starts at most one week after launch. Season 5 did not start for 4 weeks after Wrath launched.

Not saying Boub is wrong, just curious where the "one week or less" idea comes from.

Edit: ok it was in the announcement of the end of season 8. Good times.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2010-09-30 at 10:23 PM.

Regarding the release date update - basing the expected Cata release date off of when the Arena season starts is fine but I think your conclusion is wrong. People will still be leveling up their 80's so it would make no sense to say you think the release of Cata is also in December. People need more time to level up. I would wager 2 or 3 weeks before the arena season starts will be when the expansion is released.

Of course we're all just speculating so take it with a grain of salt.