ShadowPriest Haste Cap

Quick question, is there a haste cap for shadowpriests and if so, what is it?

I've looked on google, couldn't find anything but old information on how haste effects shadowpriests.

I asked in trade chat, someone told me the hard cap is 1400, other said that there is no haste cap for shadowpriest. Some clear information would be great. Thanks!

There is no cap.
    No caster class has a haste cap.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    shadowpirest.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurredd View Post
    I do them naked

and I'm not talking about my character

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubble View Post
    There is no cap.
    No caster class has a haste cap.
    You sure about that? I know resto shamans haste cap is like 1400 or 1500. Mages have a haste cap as well, since the GCD can't go lower then 1 second.

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 06:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheDiscPriest View Post
    shadowpirest.com
    Yeah, I've looked there too. Wasn't able to find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CrisuKomie View Post
    You sure about that? I know resto shamans haste cap is like 1400 or 1500. Mages have a haste cap as well, since the GCD can't go lower then 1 second.
    Short answer: no, the only haste cap you could imagine would be around 1800, but clearly not for resto shamans. Especially resto shamans, as they tend to use HW more, and of course CH.

the cap for 1 sec GCD is around 1268 or thereabouts (assuming you have additional raid buffs). With that said if you given it some thought as to exactly WHICH of your spells will be capped at 1 second, you probably realise that the cap will only affect your Mind Blast and Vampiric Touch cast times. These two spells are the only rotational spells than can fall below 1 second cast time.
    The reason why there isn't a cap for shadow priests (or at least not with the current obtainable gear) is because the 1268 cap does NOT cap Mind Flay, which should be your main filler spell, and it also does NOT cap your DoT ticking frequency.

Since the GCD cap only affects your Mind Blast and Vampiric Touch execution times, neither of which is considered significant, reaching it should not stop you from stacking haste.

P.S. you should have posted in the Priest forums
    Last edited by zsun; 2010-10-01 at 07:25 AM.

Deleted
    I'm at about 1.3k (39.6%) and my Vamp touch is almost at GCD so I would guess not much more then that. At this point I'm sure some crit would be more useful.