Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet View Post
    trying to be funny? well, you failed.
    Well, I was trying. Seriously, though, nothing important is going away. At least, what a Paladin loses is offset by lotsa awesome new stuff (HoPow, Light of Dawn's badass animation...)

I don't feel well today, either. Got back from the doctor and had to have bloodwork done (and I donated a pint yesterday, so I'm down a lot of blood and feel like passing out), and it turns out I've been diagnosed with Bipolar Depression.

So, /hug? /Truce?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    People are saying the exact same thing when it comes to the Beta testing. Sure, some of the bugs and a few buffs have got us in a better position, but it's still not enough, since they haven't adressed our massive weakness to offensive dispels and snares, which will haunt the spec through the age of time till a fix is done, and the damage is still not on par with many other specs. Plus, there is still the problem with some talent mechanics, like "Divine Purpose", "Zealotry" and "Hands of Light", that make the spec quite unreliable damage wise and give us trouble, since these three talents are working against each other.

Ret got a gap closer? Sure, but does it stop you from being snared and/or being less vulnerable to offensive dispels, that can remove our snare remover "Hand of Freedom"? Nope.

An interrupt? Yeah, but what's the point if you can't even get to melee range against the ranged casters, which is the purpose of having this thing to begin with?

"Word of Glory"? Have you any idea how many talents and glyphs we must sacrifice to make this thing potent? Also, can you guarantee that you can get into melee range for long enough so you can build up Holy Power, for it? Will you sacrifice tons of precious dps in the process, too? Yes, definitely.

"Divine Protection"? Well, this one I can agree completely with. Best change, when it comes to defenses, that has been done to the whole class, in my opinion.

I'm sure there are other specs who suffer, too, but I simply don't believe any of those have to deal with being completely shut down as a dpser by only offensive dispels and snares, which are the most spammy mechanics in the game, at the moment.

You apparently haven't even checked what is the current state of the spec on Beta and with what you have said you do not seem to speak more truth than the whiners that you are refering to.
    No it won't, you'll be vulnerable to offensive dispels, but anyone dispelling you will have to sacrifice a lot of mana to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxes View Post
    This.
    I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems killing Paladins. Maybe Solitaire is a more suitable game for you?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    People saying paladins in cata are in a bad state are prob the people on PTR or not in beta

Changes are designed for lvl 85 not for inflated wotlk gear on lvl 80 , keep that in mind

Ret got gap closer , ret got interrupt <---- thats a buff not a nerf

no more instant flash of light ? Word of Glory instant heal that heals like a holy truck (it heals for more if u cast it on others)

Alot more positive changes like paladins version of Barkskin (finally your def cd for PvP) and others

If u have a need to whine about your just look at fury warriors or enh shamans
    which are in far worse state

P.S. I am not trying to flame or bash anyone i am just tired of people who just whine about everything not knowing truth
    According to GC...Prot/Ret Pallies at lvl 85 were hitting for 9K with WoG, (That's not alot when someone has 100K health pools as Ive heard). Instant FoL with HoT from AoW blows WoG away. If you don't see why, then you probably don't use Ret as your main spec.

I have yet to see a Pally in Beta that has said Ret is in a good spot PvP-wise. Go here http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...65656&sid=2000 check out the post about Ret. From people in Beta...and find me one post from a paladin that says "Ret is in a good spot PvP-wise". In addition, it should explain why.

If you are in Beta I would suggest you post some of your videos of you PvPing to quell fears.

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    No it won't, you'll be vulnerable to offensive dispels, but anyone dispelling you will have to sacrifice a lot of mana to do so.
    If an offensive dispell will shut down the mobility of someone for 20+ seconds (depending on how quick it dispells)....would you actually care how much mana you had to spend to remove it? Do you think you can regen that amount of mana back before it comes off CD again?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a rhetorical question aimed at the one I quoted. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    Havn't you heard? They're deleting Paladins in Cataclysm.
    This is what I thought the title of the thread meant when I glanced at it the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems killing Paladins. Maybe Solitaire is a more suitable game for you?
    Probably the person would get his/her ass handed to him/her by that game, too. I mean, cards can be quite potent opponents, you know.

Lets just say, I don't want to be a paladin anymore

/sigh.

You people are unbelieveable. Numbers are not final, and Blizzard doesn't work on all the classes at once, they look at some of them and then on some others. Stop saying Ret is broken, cause it is not finished!

Besides, most of the nerfs are just balancing. Rets weren't sacrificing damage to get utility and survivability, they were getting all 3 for no cost. That's why they are removing instant cast heal on crit and giving them holy power instant mega heal instead. Cause you will be forced to choose dps or survivability.

And most of the utility is simply gone, cause that's how Cataclysm is getting designed for most classes. And HoF removing stun was OP.
    Last edited by Quehn; 2010-10-01 at 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    greg left fimself logged in at work. This is his bos... I have one question... WHY ARE YOU ACCESSING STUFF LIKE THIS ON COMPANY TIME?!!!

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    greg left fimself logged in at work. This is his bos... I have one question... WHY ARE YOU ACCESSING STUFF LIKE THIS ON COMPANY TIME?!!!
    Lol does Greg still have a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonbane View Post
    Lol does Greg still have a job?
    I think the more important question is, can I have Greg's job?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet View Post
    im using my laptop from my bed because im sick

its from a shirt ive seen on the internet. from http://www.topatoco.com somehwere. i wanted to buy the shirt, but its so damn expensive to get it from america to europe. not paying like 50 euro for a simple tshirt
    Picture is from Three Panel Soul/MacHall webcomics. (3PS is the newer one, MacHall is their old comic). The same people who brought us Buddy Cthulhu

15+ Year Old Account
    If you mean 1,000 mana out of a 72,000 mana pool, then no.

Quote Originally Posted by Quehn View Post
    You people are unbelieveable.
    YEAH! FOR SHAME!

It will be a pretty rough start for our class. I am strapping myself in for a bumpy ride. I can remember the days of being booted out of groups simply for being Ret. I hope we won't return to those days. Early indications and experiences are that we will. There is promise in this new Paladin, but it's promise that is not yet realized. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.

I remember people getting all worked up before the last expac launched (I being one of them joined into the fray), but we turned out fine (in PVE anyway). So this time around I'm playing the wait and see game instead of jumping on the doom and despair band wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
    What? Really? Not saying having 6 leveled characters is not plausible but I'm having trouble actually believing this.
    Well whats so hard to belive? ivé got 10 80s on different servers and all of them are kinda well geared so to lvl 6 isnt really that hard ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quehn View Post
    You people are unbelieveable. Numbers are not final, and Blizzard doesn't work on all the classes at once, they look at some of them and then on some others. Stop saying Ret is broken, cause it is not finished!

Besides, most of the nerfs are just balancing. Rets weren't sacrificing damage to get utility and survivability, they were getting all 3 for no cost. That's why they are removing instant cast heal on crit and giving them holy power instant mega heal instead. Cause you will be forced to choose dps or survivability.

And most of the utility is simply gone, cause that's how Cataclysm is getting designed for most classes. And HoF removing stun was OP.
    Yeah, like the stun removing effect on "Blink" was OP for Mages, so they removed it, too. Oh, wait...

Or like Rogues and Warriors, who can't self heal worth a darn for no cost, at all. Oh, wait...

Okay, fine, much of the utility is gone, like Mages not being able to escape as much as before and at the same time not getting buffed in the offensive department. Oh, wait...

Sorry, but with all the flaws that are in Ret's mechanics, at the moment, I seriously doubt they will be able to fix them once "Cataclysm" gets released, especially when they seem to totally ignore those problems. We have been shouting at them long enough and they have not listened, so far. There are tons of feedback that point out that the spec is going to be lackluster, if it goes live in its current state, and it worries everyone who wants to play Retribution, when PvPing and/or PvEing.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2010-10-02 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    If you mean 1,000 mana out of a 72,000 mana pool, then no.
    It's closer to four times that amount, actually. At level 85 Priests have 23295 base mana according to this post:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...%28level-85%29

And Dispel costs 16% base mana, so 3727.2 mana.

edit: Fixed the costs, based on Etalia's numbers.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-10-02 at 01:33 AM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Unfortunately, they don't do much damage on PTR so they feel like they have neither survivability nor damage >.>
    Yeah it;s awesome i killed 4 diff ret pala's as my disc priest, was so rewarding i hope they stay this way, might actually kill the paladin comminity abit and maybe we will actually have a different most played class.