Thread: Seal of Truth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn View Post
    How exactly is your auto-attack worse than combo points ? First of all, the average energy cost for 1 combo point is 30 energy for Cata not considering crits, and the feral ramp up time is the time it takes us to get 10 combo points, i'm pretty damn sure you can get 5 auto hits faster, especially since you'll probably use a lot of haste.
    The point is, you should really stop QQing because you are obviously not unique out there as far as ramp up time goes, and it's not random either, like some other classes/specs have it. So stick to whatever seal fits better to the situation and you'll be fine.

This is the problem...too many people commenting on a spec/class they obviously haven't tested on the PTR. Rets still have to build our combo points (HoPo) with Crusdaer Strike....AND we have to stack our seal 5 times to do good damage. The seal stacks only on Auto-attacks.

To compare it to the Rogue...This is the equivilent of a Rogue whose poison only stacks on Auto-Attack (but our Auto Attack is 3.5 seconds). He only gets Combo Points from Sinister Strike (but Sinister Strike is on a 4.5 second CD). And his other yellow attacks have a 40% chance to generate a combo point (but they all have 8seconds or greater CDs).

Now imagine that...and tell me a Rogue would not flip their lid when they saw it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    As all classes, and especially dps-specs, are supposed to be played differently, your argument is invalid.

BTW: I'm not too much into paladins, could someone tell me how much of your dps each stack of that Seal-Thingy is worth?
    Jeah but No. Whether its Rogue/SP/Affliction Locks or ferals, ALL of them do something active to get their dots/cp or whatever.
    Ret Paladins MUST rightclick a target to get the 5 stacks and autohit it. With weapons which have a average attackspeed of 3.3 seconds our ramp up time is horrible.
    I dont know how often i had to redo the ramp up just because i was 1 sec too late at the target. All of this changes was simply to nerf rets front loaded burst damage.
    And regardless of how stupid and clunky this shit of a system was, it was okay because rets done fine in dps.

But you know what ? When this system will not be changed then rets are the ONLY dps class that have DOUBLE rampup time with Holy Power generating and dot stacking by autohits.

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011

seal damage in PTR/Beta at the moment is pitiful at best, crusader strike hits hard that the just judgement and the dot hits harder than the per swing damage...sucks

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Rogues still have combo points and Deadly Poison + Slice and Dice. I really don't see the point.
    Rogues currently stack those far quicker than Rets do.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monath View Post
    I'm fairly certain that warriors don't have a ramp up time at all, it's just hack n slash for them.
    Depends on the group. If they have someone else stacking Sunder Armor for them, they can go to town with no ramp up. Otherwise they need those five stacks.