4.0.1 Frost DK gems

Come 4.0.1 when Frost DW arp becomes obsolete and ARP goes bye-bye... what are we going to gem?

Are you kidding??? I cant tell.

Strength....

I actually think haste will be a viable option to meet socket bonuses. Most your socket bonuses are 5+ STR so by socketing pure 20 STR over 10STR/10Haste you gain only 5STR for a loss of 10Haste. If STR is still that good of a stat (which effectively makes haste scale even better) I think you will want to reforge your crit (and potentially haste, since it's 1-1 and that is better than the trade off you get for socketing) off gear into STR. With the little bit of testing I did on the PTR on my frost DK crit seemed underwhelming (sorry DBW, it's still good for the proc though) because of KM now working on Oblit.

I think a more interesting question is weather or not the single disease HB glyph is viable.

It's too early to tell for now. Blizzard hasn't fixed frosts global cooldown issues yet so we have no idea how good or bad haste is going to end up being, but crit is looking pretty underwhelming too as has already been mentioned.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2010-10-03 at 03:53 PM.

+20 str on red sockets, blue sockets and yellow sockets if the socket bonus is +4 str.
    +10 str +10 hit on yellow sockets with +6 and +8 str socket bonus if you need the hit.
    +10 str +10 haste on yellow sockets with +6 and +8 str socket bonus if you don't need the hit.
    1 nightmare tear on a blue socket with a +6 or +8 str socket bonus.

Hit is a blue gem now.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Hit is a blue gem now.
    This.

I'd honestly reforge some hit off and take 2 blue sockets with hit/str to trigger a chaotic skyflare.

I need to get my hand on the ptr but for some reason my download speed can go over 40k !

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Hit is a blue gem now.
    So 10 str 10 hit will be a purple gem now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cymorìl View Post
    So 10 str 10 hit will be a purple gem now?
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=40143
    Yes.

Uhm that's interesting we can socket purple with str-exp-hit whatever we need, in this way are able to use http://cata.wowhead.com/item=41285 (who works better with HB or DC)
    Last edited by Cymorìl; 2010-10-04 at 09:55 AM.