10+ Year Old Account

Is there a 4.01 rotation yet?

Been messing around on the PTR a bit, can't come up with a decent rotation or priority system.

This is what I've got so far, keep in mind I was only on the PTR for about an hour and just quickly threw something together so it's definitley wrong, just showing what I've got and then people who have done the math or know what the correct system is can correct me. (Also it was over 24 hours ago I did this so I might of forgotten something.)

Priority system - Single target
    ShoR>CS>AS>Judgment>Holy wrath>Consecration

Multi target I had no idea, did a random Halls of reflection run using that rotation and basically just switched out CS for HoR, and pushed Judgment behind conc so it looked like this and switched
    Shor>AS>HoR>Holy Wrath>Consecration>Judgment

Couple of things I can pick out of the rotations my self and say are probably wrong is Maybe conc should be more important than Holy Wrath, and maybe AS should be more important than CS, I didn't know what was more important gathering holy power ASAP or making sure I don't waste procs for AS.

ShoR is not your priority, and definitely not on multi target. since we don't get Inquisition until 81 i would use Word of Glory while AoEing. (healing does threat too, and you get a bubble effect with GbtL)

Priority:
    1) CS or HotR (depending on single or aoe. Gathering HoPo is your main priority)
    2) AS (on cooldown and on GC procs)
    3) ShoR, Inquisition or WoG (to use your HoPo depending on what the situation calls for)
    4) Judgement (cus you need to trigger your Judgements of the Wise and of the Just)
    5) Holy Wrath (gives damage Up front compared to Cons. damage over time)
    6) Consecrate (lower priority due to it's long ass cooldown)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar View Post
    ShoR is not your priority, and definitely not on multi target. since we don't get Inquisition until 81 i would use Word of Glory while AoEing. (healing does threat too, and you get a bubble effect with GbtL)

Priority:
    1) CS or HotR (depending on single or aoe. Gathering HoPo is your main priority)
    3) ShoR, Inquisition or WoG (to use your HoPo depending on what the situation calls for)
    4) Judgement (cus you need to trigger your Judgements of the Wise and of the Just)
    It seems to me that WoG is the 'go to' guy, it works both in AoE and in Single Target, but probably is best used on survival themed fights to conserve healer mana, and because DPS is often not the focus. On DPS race fights, obviously you'd want to avoid using it because both of the other two options would be better choices.

ShoR is not your priority, and definitely not on multi target.
    There are some classes that do not aoe every single target equally, so there should always be a main target.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff View Post
    It seems to me that WoG is the 'go to' guy, it works both in AoE and in Single Target, but probably is best used on survival themed fights to conserve healer mana, and because DPS is often not the focus. On DPS race fights, obviously you'd want to avoid using it because both of the other two options would be better choices.
    I could be wrong but~ isnt WoG just incredibly weak? The GbtL talent only gives the shield if it overheals. Spend 2 valuable talent points and replace the best thread ability we have for a weak heal?
    Last edited by Astray; 2010-10-04 at 08:42 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I could be wrong but~ isnt WoG just incredibly weak? The GbtL talent only gives the shield if it overheals. Spend 2 valuable talent points and replace the best thread ability we have for a weak heal?
    Currently on PTR I heal myself for ~11.5k normal heal (17k crit)with 3 HoPo and the right talents. there's also a Prime glyph to increase WoG by 10% which would add another 1k+ healing but there are better prime glyphs. WoG also scales with AP so Vengeance affects it. The numbers i gave above were on a test dummy so had 0 Vengeance stacks. it should also scale much higher with the AP amounts we will have at 85.

and Threat isn't everything. ICC should've taught you that.
    Last edited by Lumidar; 2010-10-04 at 09:20 AM.

Priority:
    I would switch AS and CS/HotR, giving you the chance to do a AS CS (GC) AS burst of threat, and putting you 1-2 seconds away from another CS.

this is not the actual rotation... this is a Priority list. Of course you will hit AS on the way to the boss so you WILL have AS up before a CS anyways.