Deleted

Improved Searing Pain and Affliction

http://wowtal.com/#k=vWIKYC6.a2y.warlock

I must say that although this spec lacks demonic rebirth and demonic aegis it has something affliction always wanted. Burst [at least under 50% hp]

Since SP now scales better then Incin and does more dmg and has quicker cast time without travel time i must say i CAN see affli locks using this spec to have +40% crit chance with SP on targets under 50% hp. More so people wont be always at 100% hp like now. Also the obvious, school lockout protection when nuking with it.

I have noticed tho that glyph of searing pain is out :S

Thought? Affli trading defense for offense

Looks like a PVP build with no improved fear. That'll suck big time against melee.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    why would you need improved fear when CoEx is back to 50% and lasts 15 seconds?

Because CoEx needs applied manually vs a target, and removes the options for perhaps CoT or CoE.
    Improved Fear is a bonus effect for something you are doing anyway.
    I already use Searing Pain as an affliction nuke for the lockout protection.

Deleted
    Yes and with 5 seconds duration on improved fear which has base cast time of 2 seconds and applies 30% snare youll use it :P

Right now i doubt anyone seriously thinking about pvp would take imp Fear. Unless its buffed to 50% and applying to howl of terror

And i didnt speak of searing pain as lockout protection but for burst with talent Improved Searing Pain.

With 1 sec gcd, no cd, huge range, low mana cost, long duration, CoEx > CoE, plus PvPers will stack 130 spell pen anyway as well as CoE is 8% now instead of 13%.

CoEx is saying 30 yard range now...can anyone confirm?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    yes, but with glyph its 35

CoE is more than just a resistance counter, but a damage increase.
    I understand that the utility of the other curses may prove more applicable in most cases, but it is not good to assume you will never use it.
    I still appreciate a snare as a bonus to something I am doing anyway, even if it is less than the one I am applying manually.

Deleted
    yeah but as ive said its 8% dmg now opposed to 13% and CoEx is 50% instead of 30%. Already i can find a lot situations when i would put in pvp coex instead of coe because it would give me a lot more breathing space thus more damage and CC packed in that time.

I hope tho, they make improved fear 50% and apply to howl of terror. Its not like HOT doesnt have CD:P

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 04:01 PM ----------

anyways topic was on different matter:P