Mount Hyjal is 78-82 zone

First off i reember alot of people telling me that you have to be 80 before you can go to the new zones, and by my lack of activity on the internets latly i just found out that hyjal is a 78-82 zone, so yaaaay! no more icecrown for my alts that get level during cata!

Also to the people that said you wont be able to do cata zones at 78 you need to be 80....shame on you! shame...

15+ Year Old Account
    If the latest Beta push allowed 78's to quest in Hyjal, fine, but it was an 80 and up zone for the last few months, perhaps you didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    If the latest Beta push allowed 78's to quest in Hyjal, fine, but it was an 80 and up zone for the last few months, perhaps you didn't know.
    I figured that if it was that important blizz would upate the offical cata site, and wow europe site but curretly mount hyja and Vashj'ir are level 78-82 zones

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's 80-82. They take forever to update info on the site.

Deleted
    You got to level 80 in Icecrown...
    I usualy hit 80 around Zul'drak did it on 4 out of 5 chars. not counting my main because I missed alot of quests there

Well they update this page alot, and if you scroll down don't you think they would also change that?

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/index.html

really don't see why they should make you level all the way to 80 when every other expansion has let you enter the new content 2 levels before the old level cap.

The other expansions didn't buff the mob damage by obsene amounts too.
    3 to 4 TIMES as much by 80 i think it was?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harléquin View Post
    Well they update this page alot, and if you scroll down don't you think they would also change that?

really don't see why they should make you level all the way to 80 when every other expansion has let you enter the new content 2 levels before the old level cap.
    Because the gap is so freaking huge between Northrend and the new zones. So don't go rejoicing yet. They would have announced it if they had adjusted the starting zones for level 78. I just can't see that happening.

Can you imagine trying to whittle down a mob with twice your health that hits for 2k? They want us to have a challenge, even when levelling (to some extent). It's much more worth their while to pretty much force players to reach level 80 before venturing to the new zones, so they don't skip half of Northrend.

That said, I found that it was a lot easier to hit 60 before heading to Outland, as those Fel Orcs actually hit most classes pretty hard. The same was true for Northrend. I really struggled to do quests at both starting zones with a 68 in quest greens. Dunno about other people, but it made sense to grab those two final levels in the previous content zones.

They won't nerf the new zones and their quests and mobs. You would be wise to level any toons to 80 before hitting them up, regardless of what the official page says about the level range.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account

Not every expansion is the same.

You can't start Hyjal or Vashj'ir until 80, regardless of what the site says.

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing I should mention, at least in my experience, is you don't need spectacular gear to quest there at 80, just being 80 is enough because stats and skills are increased each level now; my shadow priest had an average gear level of 167 and I was able to do the quests in Hyjal easily.

It is level 80 zone.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

You can certainly quest there at 78 but I highly advise not to. Unless your damage output is good with the 4.0 patch
    the mobs there have ~20k more hp than northrend mobs and boss mobs have ~80k non elites ( still beta yes idk if numbers are certain but it was easy enough for my hunter @ 80 in ICC gear )and they hit relatively hard
    Another thing is its 78-80 or 80-82 I barely hit 82 in hyjal w/o doing the blackrock caverns quest then youd go to vashir which I haveent quested in yet
    but up to you faster IMO to finish icecrown but way more fun to go hyjal

So can anyone link me where they stated that these zones require you to be level 80? because honestly i dont really see the problem here i mean the gap between 78-80 is nothing considering the fact that you can complete icecrown and get all the gear needed at 77-79. I Assume because icecrown is the last zone or highest rather that the gear you get from there is enough? and who is in greens at 68 maybe 2 or 3 sure, but when ever i hit 58-68 etc i never find it difficult the only character i did find it an issue with was rogue, because the mobs hit abit to hard.

So can anyone link me where they stated that these zones require you to be level 80? because honestly i dont really see the problem here i mean the gap between 78-80 is nothing considering the fact that you can complete icecrown and get all the gear needed at 77-79. I Assume because icecrown is the last zone or highest rather that the gear you get from there is enough? and who is in greens at 68 maybe 2 or 3 sure, but when ever i hit 58-68 etc i never find it difficult the only character i did find it an issue with was rogue, because the mobs hit abit to hard.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...36776&sid=2000

Clearly states :

Mount Hyjal – (80-82)
    Vashj'ir – (80-82)
    Last edited by zito; 2010-10-04 at 12:39 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Cataclysm is not your normal expansion. The mobs scale in a way that you have never seen for a "starter" zone. Myself, I do not have any toons that are 78-79 to truly test this. I have been told countless times on forums and in the beta that Vashj'ir and Hyjal are level 80+ zones. If you think you can do it at 78, you might end up sadly mistaken. Hyjal and Vashj'ir can only be accessed by doing quests. If these quests are only accessed at level 80... then there is nothing you can do.

On one of my characters I tried to skip the Stormwind portion of the Hyjal quest and just went to Moonglade. That was a mistake... I had to do the Stormwind part in order for the NPC to interact with me. I can only assume the NPC's at Hyjal will be the same since Hyjal is very story and progession driven.

10+ Year Old Account
    The quests aren't available until 80.

If you're finishing Icecrown at 77-78 then you skipped too many zones. :B

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    The quests aren't available until 80.

If you're finishing Icecrown at 77-78 then you skipped too many zones. :B
    well i tend not to do every zone because gear upgrades are the same or less:

68-72 BT
    72-75/6 DB
    75-76 GH
    76-77 ZD
    77-78 SB
    78-80 IC

Thats pretty much how i go.

Clearly states :

Mount Hyjal – (80-82)
    Vashj'ir – (80-82)
    You sir, have just broken me into puzzel pieces.

Level 80 cata mobs have 32000 health, good luck leveling there with your char in level 68 greens.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Level 80 cata mobs have 32000 health, good luck leveling there with your char in level 68 greens.
    hmmm well I am 80 now on the PTR for patch 4.0.1 and my mind blast crits for 19k.

So wut.

Also lvl 78
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    and how is a level 80 in the same gear that they had at 78 going to be any different? other than a few upgraded rank spells that due slightly more damage.