10+ Year Old Account

Mason

((well, here we go))
    Name: Roderick Mason
    Race: Human/Elf hybrid
    Class: Rogue/assassin

Personality (bonus points if you get the reference):
    In a word, numb...
    Mason suffers from Depersonalization disorder, a Victim of a broken family he finds it incredibly hard to maintain relationships with people, unable to look them in the eye and extremely uncomfortable in public. often experiencing moments of suicidal contemplation.
    His disconnect with the world gives him a strangely convenient advantage in his line of work...

A brief History:
    Masons father was an alcoholic, Constantly coming home in a drunken rage and beating both his son and elven wife within an inch of their lives.
    It wasn't always like this though. before the First war, while Masons mother was still pregnant Mathew Mason was a skilled stonesman, creating great works of art and structures for the kingdom of Azeroth. The young couple had just moved from Lorderan to the kingdom of Azeroth when the events of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans began. Mathew, like every other able bodied man in the kingdom heard the call of duty and fought against the Orcish horde as a footman in the kings army. After the war was over, the family, now with a young Mason to care for, moved to Lorderan with the rest of the survivors. For a while the Masons lived in Elisa's(Mason's mother) Home city of Silvermoon, but were welcomed with nothing but ridicule.
    This did not help Mathew's snowballing depression, a result of the horrors he faced in the war. They eventual moved closer to the capital city of Lorderan, but Mason's father had already turned to the drink. As he sank deeper and deeper into his own insecurity, guilt and misery Mathew became violent, beating Elisa and Mason for years.

On the Night of Masons 15th birthday, his father returned from a night of drinking.
    "WHERE ARE YOU YOU LITTLE SLUT!" He yelled as loud as possible.
    Knowing all too well what would happen upon her husbands return, Elisa had locked herself and her son into the only bedroom in their small cottage.
    "HIDING EH? PROBALLY WITH THAT HALF BREED MUT SO YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU BOTH DESERVE, CMERE BEFORE I KILL YOU BOTH."
    His face in his hands, the words of his enraged father did something to mason. He had been anused all his life: broken bones, bruises, in some cases in the winter even sever frostbite and hypothermia. But The man he desperatly wanted to look up to, the man he had needed but was never there his entire life just threatened to kill him and his mother.

What happened next is unclear, all records of that night were destroyed when Arthas brought his scourge to Lorderan. But there are Rumors... Rumors that somehow, Mason killed his father that night, Rumors that Elisa Tried to come in-between the Two, only to be struck down by her own son in the confusion. And finally, that Roderick Mason fled that night to Stormwind.

A few years later, SI-7 Recorded a new recruit amongst their numbers. Known only as Mason, a half-elf had risen amongst the ranks of spies and thief's, becoming the agencies top assassin. Garnering decoration and fear amongst his peers. All records of the young asset stop after an assignment in Stromgarde involving an ex SI-7, turned high ranking officer of the Syndicate and a young female member of the shady organization know ans the Argus Shadow. This agent is now listed as MIA.

Recently Political, corporate and other assassinations all over the world have been carried out by someone only the highest ranking, and richest, know as "Mason".

Appearance:
    Mason is recovering from injuries sustained from his last job. Cuts and Bruises cover his skin, and he walks with a slight limp from a healing bullet wound. despite this years of training have taught him to ignore pain meaning he holds himself as if he were not impeded at all.

Being half elven he shares most high elf traits: burning blue eyes, sleek silver hair, purposefully spiked up to cover his ears.
    Human ears.
    Mason is stocky, as far as high elf go he would be considered a body builder among them. His human genes giving him a full, muscular figure slightly taller than the average elf. He has A strong jaw and rough hands, but despite his size in relation to his heritage he is extremely fast and fit.
    He wears stylish leather greaves with a sturdy tunic, lightly plated underneath the hide to provide concealed protection. Mason carries multitudes of concealed weapons, you need a kris? he has 3 ready to be drawn at any second.

Weaknesses:
    Although he was not affected per say by the destruction of the Sunwell, Roderick mason is subconsciously addicted to magic. Choosing to make company with powerful Magic, pulled towards their powers but still oblivious to his Yearnings.

Magic is not His only Vice, Mason is a heavy drinker, haunted by memories of his farther he prefers to contemplate death and misery when under the influence. He constantly subjects himself to high risk/high stress/high danger situations to make him feel like he has anything to connect him to the world. Almost always putting his life into jeopardy, one could say he has a death wish.

((more to come!))
    Last edited by stalling; 2010-10-06 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a good read, looking forward to more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated on Wednesday, 10/6/2010. 7:15 pm EST

Skylar, The Twilight Shadow.
    Shan'do Ninsho Wisepaw, Wardancer and future Shodo-Pan.

It's very interesting, but I can't see what place you'd use this character in. What do you have in mind?
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so sure yet, I'm trying to flesh out the character a lot more, through this perhaps I can develop him into a viable RP character. TBH right now its just an exercise to get the creative writing juices flowing again.
    I still need to get the lay of the land in the RP threads before I can commit to one character that is not only compatible with most threads, but balanced with the power (physical, magical or even mental)of other RPers as-well. I also have to keep this character completly unique, while still having enough background that is common knowledge to most others as to keep threads interesting instead of referring people to my bio every other post.
    I would say bear with me the next couple of weeks. Heavy revisions are sure to be ahead, possibly an entire rewrite and/or creation of another knew character will be necessary.
    But trust me, even if i have to post a video of cute cats:
    you will be entertained!

Skylar, The Twilight Shadow.
    Shan'do Ninsho Wisepaw, Wardancer and future Shodo-Pan.