Poll: Frost Dual Wield vs Frost Two Hand 4.0.1

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost Dual Wield vs Frost Two Hand 4.0.1

I can't get my hands on the ptr because every time I try to download it I get an Error and all I know about it I get it from the web and there aren't many post about it or they are not specific enough.

I've seen a lot of post of people saying that they are going to switch from Frost Dual Wield to Frost Two Handed as soon the patch 4.0.1 hit the live servers, so I created this post to discuss about it.

My opinion at this moment is that if Frost Two Handed can pull the same amount of dps as Frost Dual Wield I will be using Two Handed just because the Two Handed I have is 264 and I have 264/251 one handed weapons, if I get my hand on another 264 one handed I might stay with Dual Wield, so as you can see at the moment I am undecided about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    DW all the way wherever possible, just because I like to be a walking storm of ice and metal.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds: http://cata.wowhead.com/item=64377
    +
    Worgen Death Knight in plate
    = TOTAL badass!

2HD frost all the way

There should be a 'Whatever does more dps' option.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called Frost DW

10+ Year Old Account
    i'll play wich will be more fun i like frost overall so if it's dw or 2hander i don't mind.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Any class that wears plate should only be able to use a 2her imo. Duel wielding just looks, meh. 2hers on the other hand are pure badassery. Even if they don't do as much dps I will never duel wield frost or single minded fury fury. If I wanted to duel wield I'd make a rogue.

Any class that wears plate should only be able to use a 2her imo. Duel wielding just looks, meh. 2hers on the other hand are pure badassery. Even if they don't do as much dps I will never duel wield frost or single minded fury fury. If I wanted to duel wield I'd make a rogue.
    what a narrow close minded view.
    if possible, 2h frost. because i like 2h weapons more, and its actually realistic, unlike the incredible amount of skill and mental strength required to DW.
    although, from my observations, frost is pretty bad atm. ive only played 2h because the lack of str weps, but i can only do 5.4k dps, which on unholy i can do 6.8k.
    I've played frost since 50/21 / 32/39 and i enjoy frost more than unholy, though unholy is quite good now, and i seem to be playing perfectly, but i believe the numbers are wrong for frost, since my obliterates are doing 13k while i've seen people doing 40k's.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtakes View Post
    I'm going to hope this doesn't include Titan's Grip. Other than that, I completely agree. Rogues and Shammys, even hunters are find for DW, but I just dont get the same fear factor from a DK, or even a fury warrior with 2 1handers...

10+ Year Old Account
    As a current blood DPSer looking to move into frost come 4.0.1 I should be sticking with the norm and going 2h. However, I really want to try something "different" so I'll probably start off with dual wielding.

I think I'm in a good position gear wise as I'm only at an ilevel 200 average, and my current two hander isn't anything spectacular (Runeblade of Demonstrable Power). Figure I can pick up two of the Ebon Blade rep swords and jump head-first into dual wielding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardplex View Post
    what a narrow close minded view.
    if possible, 2h frost. because i like 2h weapons more, and its actually realistic, unlike the incredible amount of skill and mental strength required to DW.
    although, from my observations, frost is pretty bad atm. ive only played 2h because the lack of str weps, but i can only do 5.4k dps, which on unholy i can do 6.8k.
    all fellow unholy Death Knights rejoice!

so 2h frost is gonna be another one of those "going to get outperformed by unholy" specs.or are they actually making all the dps specs equal because maybe its just me but i know blood currently doesnt pull the numbers unholy does

unless im doing something wrong,because all the unholy dks ive partied with outdps me
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2010-10-05 at 03:49 AM.

They're going to try, but till they get the GCD issues fixed Unholy is more than likely going to be the top dps spec.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote this but, the most important thing to me, is to play a competitive frost spec 2H or DW whaterver it is, I just want to play frost. That's it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    so 2h frost is gonna be another one of those "going to get outperformed by unholy" specs.or are they actually making all the dps specs equal because maybe its just me but i know blood currently doesnt pull the numbers unholy does

unless im doing something wrong,because all the unholy dks ive partied with outdps me
    Blood is the tank spec now. It should never top DPS charts again.

DW for me..if I could I would DW in each spec. I don't like using a 2h it just seems so slow

Blizz said that DW frost -will- be better than 2h frost. 2h will be viable. Not optimal.

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 01:38 AM ----------

And I've liked dw frost since day one, but on beta frost needs more work before I'll consider playing it and not unholy.

Deleted
    2H Frost. Definitely.

Dual Wielding is awesome

Video to back it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWgW3ogaV84