Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurz View Post
    I guess all the QQ about threat is flushed down the toilet now?
    More like it was listened to. The change will ultimately help with single-target tanking which was seriously hurting, rather than AoE tanking. I'm certain that the limited CDs on AoE threat abilities will still prevent the AoE tank faceroll-a-thon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    Wow.. I guess we will be back to mindless threat where tanks will have infinite threat and dps will never need to watch their threat? How fun.
    Not quite. People on the forums, almost certainly confirmed by Blizzard's own testing, showed that threat was too low across the board to the point of frustration for many. It shouldn't be easy to hold threat, but it shouldn't feel like an enema neither.

"tanks now will have chance to fail on threat if dps is high and they can't do a good work on every mob"
    - people complain

"tanks now will build aggro more easily and thread won't be a very big issue"
    - people complain

oh you, WoW community, never ceases to amaze me

Deleted
    200% up from 125% is a LOT
    Will tanking be easier than in WotLK now?

Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    No Retribution changes once again.

I get the feeling they just gave up.
    The changes they put in w/ 13131 was enough to help bolster Ret DPS to at least above what it is right now on Live. Anything else done right now would be overkill, with the state of things being as they are right now.

Note how they also tuned down Destro; the 'low dps' that you're seeing compared to casters on the PTR is due to the casters being overtuned.

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    200% up from 125% is a LOT
    Will tanking be easier than in WotLK now?
    No.

It's still a threat decrease from what it is in Live right now -- most signifigantly AoE threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Holy shit hello warrior threat

Did they scrap the 3s CD on Crusader Strike for Prot, and Rune Strike change for DKs? Or is it just in a later build we'll get with 4.0.3 or something?

Live is 207.35% total threat for warriors/DKs/bears. Paladins were a bit different.

So this new tank threat modifier is SLIGHTLY lower than live. However, all DPS negative threat multipliers were removed. Rogues used to do 29% less threat, warriors in battle stance did 20% less threat, etc. So threat is still much more important on PTR/beta than on live, even with the 200% multiplier.

This won't return AE to the game since everybody's AE damage has been severely nerfed. The mobs just won't die if you try it.

Stop QQing, blizzard is trying to balance the game to level 85. They are not nerfing some class because you think it's FOTM for 3 weeks before the new expansion hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post

No.

It's still a threat decrease from what it is in Live right now -- most signifigantly AoE threat.
    Are you sure? Doesn't the Paladin talent right now say 80% threat increase?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Live is 207.35% total threat for warriors/DKs/bears. Paladins were a bit different.

So this new tank threat modifier is SLIGHTLY lower than live. However, all DPS negative threat multipliers were removed. Rogues used to do 29% less threat, warriors in battle stance did 20% less threat, etc. So threat is still much more important on PTR/beta than on live, even with the 200% multiplier.

This won't return AE to the game since everybody's AE damage has been severely nerfed. The mobs just won't die if you try it.

This, and they removed threat modifier on the skills.

Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    Wow.. I guess we will be back to mindless threat where tanks will have infinite threat and dps will never need to watch their threat? How fun.
    Threat under the last PTR build was so low a wet noodle could have pulled threat. Infact in a heroic I ran I was having a hard time keeping threat off of healers......yes you heard me....healers.

Deleted
    damn this is a announcement next week still not patch , the new tanking stuff need hard testing for it

Deleted
    Threats changed so now when im single target tanking a mob on my warrior and using everything i can, i'll hold aggro. Thunderclap and shockwave will still be too wimpy to hold threat off most attacks on any target im not specifically single targeting.

And from the PoV of my other main (holy priest) pallys needed that buff, they were terrible on the ptr in best end gear, now they're more in line.

I think with increasing threat % by 75 it will not be faceroll WoTLK tankig ... lets just bealive it will not ... hope so .. i want reroll healer and it will be anoying to run in an instant without CC, tactics, interupts etc. We Want some moar action and something to think about ( not faceroll ) Blizzard hope i will not be disapointed ... it sims i will not

Deleted
    Tanks with 125% buff lose mobs to healers. Maybe now was to much but they can nerf it next patch. At least healers will stop agro mobs from tank after a few spells.
    Remember all classes lose talents to do less agro. My moonkin allways take out mobs and boss from tank after 15s and a few crits.

"Snake Trap, Explosive Trap, Freezing Trap, Ice Trap, Immolation Trap now last 1 min, up from 30 sec."

I will admit, I squealed with joy at this. I never did like it when they changed traps to only last for 30 seconds. I didn't complain openly, because it was a relic feeling from BC when I actually got to chain trap things, but with CC coming back, I'm really glad they're bumping that back up to 1 minute!

Conflagrate nerfed (deserved nerf) but they need to compensate , maybe increase damage on Chaos Bolt or Incinerate

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Man I can't wait till all these ungrateful pos dpsers who cry and complain about tanks have to wait 30 to 45 minutes in a queue.
    If it knocks arrogant tanks off their high horses, I'd be happy to wait even longer than that.

I don't get the tanking change.

I have been running tons of heroic dungeons on my pally during the past 3 days on the PTR and I didn't see much problem with threat. Don't make me wrong it's harder than before and yes sometimes dps pull aggro on trash, and most of the PTR players are ilvl 277 gear. But when I say "sometimes" I mean it, it's definitely not always happening ( it's pretty rare to be honnest) and I feel it's normal to have to taunt sometimes to bring the mob back

I tried ICC 10 man and the only thing I noticed (but still unsure about it)is how hard mobs are hitting. Marrowgar basically sliced our Dk tank in two and as a prot pally I survived alone only cause I was using word of glory all the time instead of Sotr. I'd like to get the 30% buff on the PTR to have better idea cause comparing the damage I take on live with 30% buff and the damage I take on the PTR without is hard

By the way aggro is not in my opinion a big problem atm if you train a bit and know what you are doing
    Last edited by Cema; 2010-10-06 at 07:53 PM.