Thread: The Event

The Event

New show on NBC.

http://www.nbc.com/the-event/

I've watched all 3 episodes so far and have to say it's somewhat interesting. Likes to jump around a lot so you have to pay attention.
    It's not a typical crime/doctor show.

Have any others watched it?
    What do you think of the show?

The real "event" is you changing the channel. Nothing on nbc is good these days, so i assume the event isn't that great either.

---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 08:34 PM ----------

the real "event" is you changing the channel, nothing on NBC is good these days.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have watched the first 2 episodes and have liked them thus far. Will more than likely watch the 3rd when I get home today. The show does like to jump around alot, but I am hoping that settles down some later on when they start to bring it all together a bit more. The jumping around part I am sure there are lots that do not like that sort of thing and it is a turn off for them which is a shame because the show is actually pretty good.

@Jitsu criticizing a show that you haven't watched. Kind of typical but I can see why you don't like NBC.

@Izzeren Yeah the jumping around kinda sucks but also keeps my attention because I have to focus on what's going on. I do think
    that they will get rid of most of the jumping when the show becomes clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    The real "event" is you changing the channel. Nothing on nbc is good these days, so i assume the event isn't that great either.

---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 08:34 PM ----------

the real "event" is you changing the channel, nothing on NBC is good these days.
    Not even Chuck????

I watch The Event, I rather enjoy it.

I'm enjoying The Event.

I like how it gives you a dramatic scenario right at the start, and then shows all the things the characters in the show do to lead up to that dramatic moment.

Heroes in the first season did ALOT of that, and I loved Heroes for it.

I also think its pretty cool that they haven't actually told us what The Event is. Its not like Flash Forward where we knew what the deal was almost straight away.
    http://tinyurl.com/2crmw28

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Not even Chuck????

I watch The Event, I rather enjoy it.
    WHAT GENRE IS CHUCK? It's too serious to be a comedy and too campy to be a drama.
    and it's not very good.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Deleted
    Ever since LOST - Ive lost ( pardon the pun ) all faith in Mystery type Drama Series..

Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    WHAT GENRE IS CHUCK? It's too serious to be a comedy and too campy to be a drama.
    and it's not very good.
    I do admit, some episodes are a little too drama filled, I'd say it was suppose to be a dramedy. And it is excellent!