Thread: Dire brew gone?

Dire brew gone?(the dark iron costume)

I was on the ptr and tried to grab myself a dire brew(the item that turns you into a dark iron dwarf) and noticed after talking to the npc he didnt drop his mug as usual. Is it really gone? Or was i just too drunk to actually see it since i usually have the blur drunken effect turned off on live.
    Last edited by barkong; 2010-10-07 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta drink alot with the little angry dude,
    he drops it , sometimes gets hidden by smoke.
    NO OGRES, NO MORE ELVES, NO FURBOLG, NO EMRALD DREAM, NO REHASHED OLD CONTENT, NO DEMON HUNTER!
    Get the point? Give us something NEW for Groms sake!

if so:
    NOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!

Tried again on different chars, talked to him till he had no gossip option, looks like he does the animation that he drops a mug but it doesnt show. Not sure if its just bugged or its intended. Hoping someone on the beta can double check to see if its gone there too. If its gone then the remote has completely become 100 percent useless .

15+ Year Old Account
    You realize the holiday ended at midnight the night before, right?

it doesn't only drop during the holiday.

I had a feeling this would be the wrong time to post this as people will confuse this with something involving the dire brewfest. This is not a dire brewfest event. This is available at all times on live in brd. You talk to an npc near plugger and help him "test" his new ale. After going through all the dialog he gets drunk and drops his ale which you can loot to receive an item called "dire brew" which turns you into a dark iron dwarf for 60 mins.

As i dont have access to beta, i'm hoping someone can check to see if this is gone.

For those still confused, the item is this. Dire brew
    The npc that you talk to is Dark iron brewer.

I dont have enough posts to link directly from wowhead.

bump, ptr going live and no change in sight. As i dont have beta, can anyone check if this still exsists on there?

meh

that would suck... takes away the whole purpose from the the remote controll thingy.

i triggerd some good world pvp fun with the costume , walking between the dire dwarfs attacks during brewfest

I just checked this out on the beta for you. Like you discovered on the PTR and in live, the Dark Iron Brewer doesn't drop the [Mug of Dire Brew] anymore. He doesn't even go to sleep anymore, he just stands there saying "Oh... I'm feeling groggy..."

Bummer