Thread: JC vs Tailoring

JC vs Tailoring

Hiya;

As the topic name says, i've been considering to reroll tailoring instead of JC for cata, just unsure of what fits a healing (holy in cata) priest best - i'm leaning towards tailoring for option to craft and farm my own gear - it also fits better with enchanting compared to JC.

Now i want to raise a little discussion to see what ppl think - and hopefully help me decide.
    I went JC in 3.0 due to tailoring being very underpowered, the cloak enchant were really poor at that point, but ofc that changed.

So, what would u go with along with enchanting?

My warlock is enc tailor and they are fitting fine, but tailor giving extra mana to healers that needed at cata. But i think there is really not big difference for buffs, but if you want to craft your own stuff (as you can find another tailor from your guild) there is no need to be a tailor.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tailoring=win for clothies. Especially with enchanting.

/thread

Seriously though, tailoring is going to provide you more benefit, between the cloak enchant and the synergy with enchanting. The gear you make that you don't need, you can simply DE and voila, enchanting mats

Tailoring is awesome for casters, i love the cheap leg enchants. And yea, you can DE stuffs you craft while leveling it. Win win.

I have tailoring and enchanting at the minute of my priest, no doubt that they work amazingly together but i doubt that the cloak enchant will be as amazing as it is at the minute in Cata.

I'd stick with what you have now, JC is and likely will be the best profession to carry on to Cata. It will be expensive to level if you haven't got a mining alt but it will pay dividends at 85 when people start raiding.

Deleted
    My shadowpriest has been tailor/enchanter since pre-tbc and I have no plans on changing him. The cloak enchant, as well as the cheaper leg enchant and crafted gear, is enough to make me stay tailor. What benefit I may gain from going JC and using JC gems, is not big enough to make me change.

JC is going to be very bankable for a while (remember the price in the beginning of wotlk). i would be jc for a while then switch to tailor once the earning drops off and you make a bunch of gems for your own private stock for future use

Keep JC, but dump enchanting for tailoring. Enchanting historically hasn't offered a big selection of stats, unlike JC. At least early in the expansion we'll ideally want two profs that can increase regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well all professions will be roughly equal as they are now.

Tailoring + enchanting have a good synergy being able to DE stuff from tailoring to level enchanting.

At the begining of a xpac all the new shiney gear made my BS, LWing and tailoring makes veru good money as people buy it when they freshly ding 85.

Enchanting i'm keeping due to the amount of work i put in it, got almost every single enchanting formula - call me silly if u want.

Reason for JC vs tailoring is excatly the synergy as people mentioned. Also the fact that i will be able to craft the cloth myself that is required for later patterns from raids, they got a 1 week cd :/

More replies very welcome to help me decide =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a miner?

If not, go Tailor/Enchanting.

I think that JC/Tailoring is the best, but your reasoning is understanding.

Tailoring's gains outweigh a little extra Spirit per gem when it comes to mana.

Jewelcrafting might be higher thoroughput in Best in Slot gear, but until you get to that point Tailoring will let you tranisition your gems into other stats while keeping your blue bar quite stable.

This transition happens much earlier for Tailors than others. Tailoring will probably continue to outshine Jewelcrafting for Shadow as well.

But I do find it a bit humorous you're looking to min max, but keeping Enchanting and using the reason of the patterns you already have.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I don't think they are looking to min/max. Just which is better with the only options he thinks he has.

Hm, that's a bit too nice of me. As a side note, I agree with Kelesti, even though I am making an attempt to defend, and I got a small grin from the initial idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're both about the same, if you are a DPS class then the Tailoring cloak will outweight the DPS gain, though I'm not sure about this come Cataclysm
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Do you have a miner?

If not, go Tailor/Enchanting.

I think that JC/Tailoring is the best, but your reasoning is understanding.

I got a miner alt

I do agree it looks slightly wierd when trying to min/max that i want to keep hold of enchanting, but i got my reasons

Hm, this just got alot harder..
    Not fun lol :P

I do see alot of tailors on priest more than anything - so hence why i've been thinking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tailoring is a great prof for Priests. Healers will have heavy mana issues at the start of Cata and should, if all goes to plan, continue to struggle to manage mana (in a good way).

So, get Tailoring and Enchanting. Just don't complain about us cool Priests with JC/Tailoring,

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Tailoring is a great prof for Priests. Healers will have heavy mana issues at the start of Cata and should, if all goes to plan, continue to struggle to manage mana (in a good way).

So, get Tailoring and Enchanting. Just don't complain about us cool Priests with JC/Tailoring,
    Hehe, you guys made me doubt even more about enchanting, might go with the "min/max" - JC/tailoring

15+ Year Old Account
    kek.

The different shouldn't be substantial. Not at much as it was in Wrath.