Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ultimately it is only a few days regardless of when your exams/tests fall during December. Either study and play on breaks or if you can study before and play up til the Exam or maybe even just wait until after...it is only a few days.

Let all my second period exams be scheduled to take place before that date! *chants*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Why should we care what you think or how your local education is planned?
    Controversial question. Answer's usually ''No one asked you to. Don't post claiming you don't care, it only makes a liar out of you.''

Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    ...I smell a troll...

just sayin
    It only took you 15 pages to realize that? 99% of MMO-Champ threads are trolls.

A much better day to release cata would be dec 2nd because that's my birthday and I'm a pretty important guy.

OT: average age of a gamer is 35. most people have jobs and don't have to take a test. You have all Xmas break to play. Not playing the day it comes out isn't going to kill ou

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reichenbach View Post
    I kind of wish they'd put it off for a week, and release it on the Tuesday, Dec. 14th. Dec. 7th is Pearl Harbor Day, for crying out loud!

As an American veteran, I am aware that the WoW fanbase extends far beyond American soil, and the subscribers that play in other countries could give less than a full crap about what happened on Dec. 7th. As a former business major, I'm also aware that releasing a game in time for the holiday season may inspire off-the-chart new sales, as the proceeding hype for Cataclysm is sure to land it on many new wish-lists for Christmas, or the holiday of your racial/religous preference, in addition to the expected return of current subscribers. I get it. It's a sound business decision.

That being said, despite the hype, despite the marketing, despite the sales, the holiday season is ultimately about family. On Dec. 7th, many military families were shattered, and many ones were cut short, never to bloom. I intend to honor that day, as I always do, and I would ask that everyone reading does as well.

To be clear, I'm not pushing for a boycott or anything of that nature, and I realize, as stated before, that nothing short of immediate diaster (or programming mistakes) is going to change that date. Just, as you stand in line for a midnight release, or eagerly download the content from online, take a few moments and dwell on the sacrifices that grant you the capacity to live free from fear, and worry about trivial, inconsequential little things like the release date of a game. There are a wealth of veteran organizations out there, and maybe, just maybe, you could find it in your heart to give a little to them as well this upcoming holiday season.
    As a veteran myself and currently living in Germany because my wife is in the US Army I thank you for putting into words what so many of us feel. On that note, I will be getting Cataclysm on day one at the PX Here in Baumholder and can't wait to waste a whole day doing something fun and enjoying myself.
    It's a trap!

Deleted
    It is obviously for marketing purposes (Christmas) and also because they couldn't release it any time sooner, it simply wasn't finished (and I doubt it will be).

Deleted
    Ok so ... to enjoy the game you have to be realm's first level 85, game non-stop as soon as you're home from the store, explore everything the first and *flex* with your new gear while no one else has it yet ...

So what you gonna do when your friends are 3 levels behind?
    So what you gonna do when you explored and raided everything as first person?

"Blizzard QQ we want new stuff because I did everything already! Duuuurp Blizzard sucks, they get gazillions of dollars and they should hire more people to make new stuff for us duuuurp".

*sigh* just buy it when you've got time and enjoy it. Otherwise just don't and do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Let all my second period exams be scheduled to take place before that date! *chants*
    In undergrad I remember there was a kid and I think his roommate played to, who wrapped his leg in a cast and requested his exams be deferred due to health issues because of a game release. lol

omslemming
    I just find it funny that a guy with this attitude to life is studying to become a lawyer........dude you know lawyers have to be able to reasonably debate things right? you cant get your panties in a twist and get angry when everything doesn't go your way.....hell id pay to watch you try to defend or prosecute someone with that attitude.....as long as you provided the popcorn.

Don't ask Blizzard to change Cata date. Ask LSAT to change test date!
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Ignore the fact that Dec 7th is not a week, I obviously mean the week of.

The LSAT is Dec 11. Who would schedule Cata at the time when I'll have more studying to do than any other point in my life thus far? Stupid.

I hope they release new servers a week after launch.

EDIT: And to future replies, I do not consider Cataclysm more important than school. The test will take priority. As well, the LSAT is an international test. If you don't know what it is, you are ignorant. It stands for Law School Admissions Test. It is not a US test, Europeans have no excuse for not knowing what it is.

EDIT 2: The LSAT is in Europe. See here http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/test-dat...-afr-dec10.asp. Wikipedia doesn't know everything.

EDIT 3: This isn't about me in specific. I wouldn't have bought Cataclysm on the 7th anyway due to other engagements.
    DECEMBER 7TH

A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMY

"Let's eat Grandpa!"
    "Let's eat, Grandpa!
    PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually its great for me, i love leveling and stuff during winter time... Also its near Christmas so it will be packed and there for its gonna be fun as i love playing with lots of players although it will slow down the leveling process...

I that UK hasn't got the LSATS and many other countries dont either, i may be mistakes though.
    I know that most finals are in early spring and autumn, that said it depends on the takers country.

Can't wait till Cata, wish it was sooner but rather have it polished and ready rather then bugged up...
    -K

omslemming
    actully you know what guys....I work weekend shifts and I cant play at all other then evenings at weekends....so can we please turn the wow servers off every friday-sunday from 6am-6pm? after all im more important then anyone else arent I? :P if the op thinks he doesnt have time for things now.....wait till he goes out into the real world.......employers dont normally take wow releases as an excuse for missing work :P

If they did it a week before or after wouldn't actually really matter.
    People will always be affected

I know right i have finals that week. =(

so becouse its a bad week for you everyone else needs to wait ?

Get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Oh, and I don't plan on rushing to 85. I plan on rerolling. The main issue here is that if there is a new server and it releases that Wednesday or whatever, that will be a huge problem for me as quick leveling on a new server is very important. If you know what you're doing and you get gold quickly, you can set yourself up to rule the economy by buying things at ridiculously low prices and then waiting a few months and selling them. I had 10k g at the start of BC doing this, and that was no small chunk of change at that time.
    If you pass the LSATs and become a lawyer, you can use all the money you make to buy WoW gold. Everyone's a winner!

You students think you have it bad, I have to *grade* exams that week.

(Yes, college instructors also play...)

Here's the thing; if they didn't have it out that week (which I assume is the earliest they could do it since November would be ideal) we wouldn't see the game until February.

Releasing an MMO on top of Christmas is stupid, people are pre-occupied and you don't get the hype you need, also many people buy presents in advance so they may be out of money by the time you release. Releasing anything in January is stupid because everyone is cleaned out after Christmas and credit card bills are coming in, also exams. That leaves February like they did with TBC.

I want my expansion sooner rather than later so TLDR: fuck off OP, no one cares about some shitty little exams you have to take. If you had even an ounce of the brainpower a decent lawyer would have you would realise that doing a fuckton of work beforehand and not leaving shit to the last minute would free up almost all of your fucking time that week for Cataclysm anyway, but you clearly don't.