Poll: What do you think of clicking in PvP?

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Keybinding =/= clicking

Apples =/= oranges

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy Wolf View Post
    good luck with that in cataclysm heroics. id love to see you clear those as a clicker with 5 only skills!
    It's possible. I mean, a few nukes/debuffs and one CC? You could probably click the rest, since you'd only need them sporadically.

Like I said, fairly well. You wouldn't be at your best, but assuming you were competent enough, you'd be pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

/Sigh

I'm not gonna link my armory, i don't want haters to flame at every single flaw i do know i have and for which i don't really care for. I get the job done, so who cares... well a lot of people but not i. I'm just a casual gamers.

My arena rating is only 900, hell, i've been trying them for just two weeks, until my account expires and that i take a break, i don't plan on playing again until cataclysm comes out. My resil is around 1000, and i've been teaming with an arms warrior with 1000 resil, and a holy pally with quest blues and around 300 resil.

Flame me all you want

I just never found any problems with clicking, i don't have problems keeping my target in front of me, i don,t have problems timing my cooldowns and interrupting.

And if you want to flame me more:

Call me a nolife, cuz my life has been a reall puzzle lately.

All i wanted to say is that i'm tired of people thinking theres only a single way to do everything. If clicking works for me, fine. If keybind works for you, great! Just stop calling peoples noobs because they don't play the same way as you do.

@ Ebbikenezer LOL funny thing is if i was 14yrs old(im not)
    At least i know that keybinding is better then clicking and keyboardturning (<--ROFL )in almost every conceivable way. Sorry buddy, thanks for playing tho!
    Last edited by Dizzy Wolf; 2010-10-09 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSheep View Post
    /Sigh

I'm not gonna link my armory, i don't want haters to flame at every single flaw i do know i have and for which i don't really care for. I get the job done, so who cares... well a lot of people but not i. I'm just a casual gamers.
    So wait... you know you have flaws, but you dont want to fix them? you are admitting to be a casual yet you will argue with what almost every hardcore player does saying you aren't a newb for hurting your potential?

You may not be new to the game but you are hurting your dps (or heals) intentionally by admitting to flaws and saying "idc, im casual lol"

My arena rating is only 900, hell, i've been trying them for just two weeks, until my account expires and that i take a break, i don't plan on playing again until cataclysm comes out. My resil is around 1000, and i've been teaming with an arms warrior with 1000 resil, and a holy pally with quest blues and around 300 resil.

Flame me all you want

I just never found any problems with clicking, i don't have problems keeping my target in front of me, i don,t have problems timing my cooldowns and interrupting.

All i wanted to say is that i'm tired of people thinking theres only a single way to do everything. If clicking works for me, fine. If keybind works for you, great! Just stop calling peoples noobs because they don't play the same way as you do.

By clicking and keyboard turning you are killing your reaction time POTENTIAL

again /thread

If people are being dicks about it, it's because they're dicks.

Don't blame the argument, blame the asshole that's using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

/Sigh

Flame me all you want

clicking is fine for 900 rating... dont expect to go over 1500 though.

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    You know what I want? A foot pedal. Or two. Like on a piano. That way I could also use my feet as keybinds, too.
    Oh god, yes, please. Pretty sure they make em, just wish I could get one. Effectively having 2 extra modifiers set to pedals would be amazing. I think it'd get tough to get used to though.

@MisterSheep: They're not going to stop calling people who do things differently.. n00bs.. scrubs..etc.. because it's human nature. Everyone thinks that the way they do something is superior to other ways, regardless of the enjoyment/comfort received by using those "other ways".

OT: Enjoy the game, play to your style!

/thread for me, no reason to debate further on being neutral towards something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimirik View Post
    Oh god, yes, please. Pretty sure they make em, just wish I could get one. Effectively having 2 extra modifiers set to pedals would be amazing. I think it'd get tough to get used to though.
    FOOT PEDALS! Yes! More keybinds that dont require keys on my keyboard!

I have seriously considered moving from WASD to ESDF to free up a couple extra keys but I have been using WASD since EQ days and I really doubt I could get used to it :X

I remember a post on world of ming about some shaman who key bound all of his heals 3 times (one for each party member) in his 3s for the absolute BEST reaction time possible. This also free'd up his target for an additional "Focus". I.e. Have one interrupt macro for his target and one macro for his focus, and he can still heal while keeping his target (without all the mouse over macros etc). This sounded so nuts to me but soooo amazing.

The only reason you can get by with clicking is because this game is incredibly easy, to the point of being ridiculous if you actually play other games.

Go play God of War 3 on chaos mode, and then imagine how impossible it would be to play that if you had to click instead of using a controller. Note that applies to any other sufficiently difficult action game as well, such as Ninja Gaiden 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimirik View Post
    Single peddle

Multiple peddles
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The only reason you can get by with clicking is because this game is incredibly easy, to the point of being ridiculous if you actually play other games.

Go play God of War 3 on chaos mode, and then imagine how impossible it would be to play that if you had to click instead of using a controller. Note that applies to any other sufficiently difficult action game as well, such as Ninja Gaiden 2.
    Um who says you would have to click; you could bind abilities / attacks to keys... but anyways, adventure / action games are better on console, MMOs are better on PC, FPS are better on PC. RTS are better on PC. I think PC is the way to go :X

How often did i see some threads where they say ''Hyuk hyuk u dont use keybindz then ur a n00b!!!111!1!!''

WOW... i've been PvPing with my enhance shaman and some other characters for a while like an arcane mage, a fury/arms warrior, and a shadow priest. I often top out the charts, and when i try arena i win most of the games... and never... never have i used a single keybind.

I use AWSD keys to move, and i click on my abilities with my mouse, i think i have like... 2 or 3 macros

I guess i'm just tired of those elitists saying keybinds are a MUST and if you don't use them you're a noob.
    But if I use my mouse to turn how will I click rend? Clicking is inferior, always has been, always will be. To disagree would be like saying driving with one arm is just as good as with two. Sure maybe you can manage it but it's still inferior. Keybind your spells, stop being difficult, and join the master race.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    Um who says you would have to click; you could bind abilities / attacks to keys... but anyways, adventure / action games are better on console, MMOs are better on PC, FPS are better on PC. RTS are better on PC. I think PC is the way to go :X
    You missed my point completely. You don't have to click when playing GoW 3, in fact you can't just using the default setup. And i'm well aware that action games are better on consoles.

My point, is that if world of warcraft required the same reaction time and fast ability usage as GoW 3 on chaos mode, then being a clicker would be pretty close to impossible.

I'm saying play the console game, and then IMAGINE if you had to play it with a mouse and keyboard without using keybinds of any kind.

Thank you for the links Icpie, you rock. I just wish I could afford one now, and have the time to use it.

OT: As many other posters have already said, clicking is perfectly acceptable, but keybinding is much more efficient. I use to solely click. I did decent dps in pve, and managed to hit 1800 in arenas, but only just barely, with an amazing healer. Since then, I switched to keybinding, pretty much minimized my bars, and set up power auras showing all my abilities and cooldowns in the middle of my screen, but transparent. Without having to keyboard turn and click my abilities, my dps went up nearly 2k, my survivability increased, and I can finally run circles around other people in pvp. Trust me, trying to keyboard turn and then run out of blistering cold on heroic Sindragosa does not work. With everything keybound though, I can instantly turn, strafe out, hit her with at least 2 attacks on the way out, then immediately charge back in, to maximize dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You missed my point completely. You don't have to click when playing GoW 3, in fact you can't just using the default setup. And i'm well aware that action games are better on consoles.

My point, is that if world of warcraft required the same reaction time and fast ability usage as GoW 3 on chaos mode, then being a clicker would be pretty close to impossible.

I'm saying play the console game, and then IMAGINE if you had to play it with a mouse and keyboard without using keybinds of any kind.
    Ahh got you

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    So wait... you know you have flaws, but you dont want to fix them?
    Fix their flaws by posting the armory here?

You should know better; there is more life on the moon than constructive comments on MMO Champ. That person would probably get flamed until the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotzy View Post
    Fix their flaws by posting the armory here?

You should know better; there is more life on the moon than constructive comments on MMO Champ. That person would probably get flamed until the end of time.

No my point is he admits to KNOWING he has flaws, if he knows what his flaws are, then why doesn't he just fix the flaws?

10+ Year Old Account
    The easiest way to explain the clicker versus key binder debate is this:

a very good clicker, can be faster then a key binder, however

The best clicker is in no way, going to be better then the best key binder.

And that could even be proven as simple as: a good keybinder can play without bars on his screen which allows for them to play with a more clean screen which allows for a lot more focus on whats actually going on.

Lets say your playing a FPS, you have all your buttons key-bound my default. Now lets say your really stubborn and decide that you want to make it so you have to be able to use your mouse. You now use keys to aim, and use your mouse to select weapons and shoot. Obviously no one does that..for a reason.