Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoyll View Post
    ... I'm going to be dead honest here, but that in itself kind of made me see something that maybe I didn't before. Yes, the ferrari thing kinda cleared things up for me. Sounds silly but that was apparently a nice example.

I'll admit now that I was wrong (However 'wrong' an opinion can be.) because when I look back at my original post it does indeed seem like I'm whining. I might've been able to write that out a little better if it wasn't just after I'd woken up when I'd written it.

You're right, now I think about it, all of the current 310% mounts in game are either achievement mounts based on raids or mounts that have very low drop rates. (Like the Onyxian Drake.) People have to work hard for those mounts, or get extremely lucky. So by making the mount speed 'buyable' it's actually making things easier to us. I should've seen that before really, as Blizzard are good at just making things easier. Thanks for clearing that up, and sorry.
    Wow. I am really impressed by this post. It's not often that anyone admits they may not have been 100% correct on the internet. Seriously awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pVVn3c| View Post
    Wow. I am really impressed by this post. It's not often that anyone admits they may not have been 100% correct on the internet. Seriously awesome.
    It was morning, I'd just woken up, and I was kinda irritated about the 310% mount thing beforehand. But I'll admit if I realise I'm wrong about something. Besides, I'm not very good at arguing.

I don't really get the latency tolerance thing but heres an idea blizzard don't make srides to make your game laggy. Seriously the new water graphics are unneeded and created a whole mess of problems that were easily avoidable.

Also don't make a shitty hub town so cramped like dalaran (although i realize there isn't a main hubtown in cata). Cram all the people that were using a city 3 times larger into a high walled, npc packed, piece of shit. Shattarah was great, then they made the cramped lag-town and disabled flying mounts, dumb.

To me it's odd how many people are blown away at the 500 guild member limit being changed to 1000. I'm in a guild that has been battling the 500-member softcap there is now for years. Its pretty common to see an officer cleaning out old alts and what not. It's not like we have 600 different people in the guild, its that we have 75-150 members that have several alts that they want in the guild. We have a unique blend of casual players and hardcore, progression raiders, and thats how its always been. Its not hard to imagine a guild of 100 people hitting the 500 member cap with alts alone. Throw in the hardcore crazies that have 15 level 80s, and you see how crowded it gets.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    But think about it 1000 members think about the possible guild drama that could ultimatly unfold.

The camel running animation is hugely disappointing. It takes 5 minutes to go on youtube and search for "running camel" and you'll notice that camels have a very distinct running motion. They move the right legs together and the left legs together when they run, rocking their torso side to side rather than back and forth like a horse. I know this is WoW and not supposed to be exactly like real life, but they are clearly meant to be camels so they should mimic something so distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    Nice overgeneralization that further reinforces why people disagreed with you. Your playstyle must involve a supercasual style for you to only have 7k gold. So I will say I am one of those "idiots" who thinks that the large price for premium flying is a justified. It literally takes 3 hours and a decent group of alts to complete ALL of the ulduar 10 achievments. If you can't devote that much time to saving 5k gold..then I don't think there is anything you would be happy with.
    Only having 7K gold is "supercasual"? I would hate to know what that would make my character...with 3 310% mounts, ICC raid Gear (some token, some not), A lot of rare achievements but probably only 2000g across my 3 main characters. I realize that some people are super boring and still do the monotonous Argent tournament dailies and crap, but you sir must be a freak to call someone sitting around with 7K gold "supercasual". Makes me sad that there are such elitist, sad, loser, no-life people who probably go around with over 10K gold and call people who don't "supercasual". Get a life buddy, no one is impressed by your loneliness.

Although this guy is one of those people who give WoW players their horrible stereotype I roughly agree with hard stuff should be earned. In fact even with my poor characters I would say 5k gold is far too cheap for 310% because with cataclysm casual gold will go up so 5K won't take too long for people to earn. I mean it is the same price as 280% from 2 expansions ago! (by cata) if 5K was feasible in BC then 5K won't be hard in Endgame cata if you put some effort in.

310% should be at least 10K, not out of reach, but not given as "easy" as 280% for sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    310% should be at least 10K, not out of reach, but not given as "easy" as 280% for sure
    10k for an extra 30%? Just no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Only having 7K gold is "supercasual"? I would hate to know what that would make my character...with 3 310% mounts, ICC raid Gear (some token, some not), A lot of rare achievements but probably only 2000g across my 3 main characters. I realize that some people are super boring and still do the monotonous Argent tournament dailies and crap, but you sir must be a freak to call someone sitting around with 7K gold "supercasual". Makes me sad that there are such elitist, sad, loser, no-life people who probably go around with over 10K gold and call people who don't "supercasual". Get a life buddy, no one is impressed by your loneliness.

Although this guy is one of those people who give WoW players their horrible stereotype I roughly agree with hard stuff should be earned. In fact even with my poor characters I would say 5k gold is far too cheap for 310% because with cataclysm casual gold will go up so 5K won't take too long for people to earn. I mean it is the same price as 280% from 2 expansions ago! (by cata) if 5K was feasible in BC then 5K won't be hard in Endgame cata if you put some effort in.

its almost impossible to have less than 5k gold nowadays, u really have to be spending ur gold stupidly...by raiding alone i make a couple hundred a week...i have a job, a gf, and a pretty healthy social life, and i have around 35k gold, so in no way to u have to be a no-life loser, as u would say, to have gold in this game...ur just doing something wrong. Now i think its time i put u down for ur nap, u seem cranky.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    its almost impossible to have less than 5k gold nowadays, u really have to be spending ur gold stupidly...by raiding alone i make a couple hundred a week...i have a job, a gf, and a pretty healthy social life, and i have around 35k gold, so in no way to u have to be a no-life loser, as u would say, to have gold in this game...ur just doing something wrong. Now i think its time i put u down for ur nap, u seem cranky.
    Ha someone is exaggerateing. People like you need to find something else to do with your time other than play mindless dailies or fail at raids on a game you play too much and make up stuff. Your fairy tale of job, gf, and social life might put me to sleep. I'm guessing the job must be flipping burgers, gf is a tub who plays wow with you 8 hours a day and the "healthy social life" is your guild and maybe 3 friends who you go over to their basement and either play more wow, Starcraft, rockband or Smash bros. Seriously, 35K and you say you make couple hundred gold a week, you are boring/useless because you get that gold for nothing then criticize people who don't bother with that crap. Elitest boring loser.

Although I admit there are probably people worse than you out there it's people like you and their attitudes that give gamers stereotypes like this:
    http://www.dorkly.com/video/4053/rid...-amp-order-svu
    It's ridiculous but when you babble on about ridiculous things like me "spending money stupidly" (I can spend it how I want, at least i'm doing stuff with it) while you build up money doing repetitive nothingness with your likely 5+ alts with all the professions you come off to other people kinda like this. (P.S. that character had a gf and "healthy social life" is defined differently depending on who you are and whether you are in that life or not).

---------- Post added 2010-10-10 at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoyll View Post
    10k for an extra 30%? Just no.
    getting something almost given to you for something that used to be achieved through a fair amount of work? Just no. I quit wow 4 months ago and I already had a 310% mount and I was certainly not hardcore. People are lucky Blizzard is making 310% buyable
    Last edited by Argroth; 2010-10-10 at 05:21 PM.

many kodos to Muffin for those videos!
    Camels, decent. could maybe be better, but fit them well. gonna get one anyway.
    huuray for free 310% mount