Thread: Booty Bay Rep

Booty Bay Rep

I am hated with Booty Bay, will that affect any questing or being able to go into certain towns in Cataclysm? I've looked around and I have seen different answers: 1). there are quest chains you're reportedly unable to do (which I don't think is true since I believe the new Goblins are of a different group of Goblins). 2). No problems doing any quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    it will probably only effect you if you want to do the new quests that will probably be in STV...if you dont want to do those, i wouldnt worry about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halpfultroll View Post
    I am hated with Booty Bay, will that affect any questing or being able to go into certain towns in Cataclysm? I've looked around and I have seen different answers: 1). there are quest chains you're reportedly unable to do (which I don't think is true since I believe the new Goblins are of a different group of Goblins). 2). No problems doing any quests.
    It really isn't difficult to farm back up to Neutral with the Goblin rep. (Did it in less than a day actually) Unless Booty bay, Ratchet, Gadgetzhan and Everlook get new quest-lines and you want to do them, then you'll be needing neutral. Also the new Goblins are of a different Cartel called the Bilgewater Cartel, so they're not affiliated with Steamwheedle Cartel.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2010-10-09 at 06:23 PM.

Why are you hated with the goblins?
    There's no reason to hate the explosion-loving short green elves!

Actually, I'm hated with all of them except Gadget, which I used cloth to get back the rep a while ago. Not a big deal if I miss those quests but may be a problem if the friends I'm leveling with want to quest there. >_<

I recently farmed Booty Bay for my Admiral's hat as well. I doubt it will change, but I figured I would probably never return there for questing purposes again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    I recently farmed Booty Bay for my Admiral's hat as well. I doubt it will change, but I figured I would probably never return there for questing purposes again.
    I'm pretty sure you have to go there for a Seasonal World Event or two. (Booty bay, I know of) Part of the reason why I got my rep back with them.

Pirates day is about it. and you can get lock summoned to the room of the inn, and you shouldn't aggro too many goblins. Or use the flight point if your horde.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to go there for a Seasonal World Event or two. (Booty bay, I know of) Part of the reason why I got my rep back with them.
    The Pirate Day? I could talk to them fine but getting up to them when I'm hated was a bit of a hassle being knocked around everywhere. What do you think the less painful way to get back my rep is? Cloth?

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    You can go there for the seasonal stuff even when they hate you... 2 of my toons are Bloodsail Admirals and they still do it. lol it's just more interesting.

OT: I read somewhere, AND I MAY BE TOTALLY WRONG WITH THIS, but isn't there Bloodsail quests in Cata for those of us that are friendly to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halpfultroll View Post
    The Pirate Day? I could talk to them fine but getting up to them when I'm hated was a bit of a hassle being knocked around everywhere. What do you think the less painful way to get back my rep is? Cloth?
    I usually farmed on the pirates outside of Ratchet near the shore, gave me quite a bit of rep hourly when you do it with a friend. What's also good is that my Bloodsail rep was untouched and I managed to be Honored with them whilst being neutral with the Goblins.

..Then I got carried away with questing in Booty bay and became Neutral with Bloodsail.