Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was wondering about marco.

Hunter tank heroic

U guys try to solo heroic dungeons now ? =P

I haven't tried to solo any heroic WotLK dungeons. Wouldn't be terribly surprised to find I could do Nexus or a few others though. I can handle certain level 70 raid bosses, easier level 80 dungeon bosses should be possible. Maybe I'll give it a shot over the next couple weeks and report my findings. I'm only an average solo-raid-hunter though. There are some folks who go all out for it, and there's even a dedicated forum on EJ (or was - I haven't looked for it in a week or two and they've been cleaning forums in prep for Cata). Would love to hear from somebody who's really good at it, how feasible WotLK heroic dungeons are to solo.

For the Silencing Shot conversation - it's terrible, compared to other interrupts (travel time, cost of a talent point, availability only to certain specs, and long CD all make it inferior) but what else are we going to do with the talent point? There's nothing else useful in MM tree that I'd rather have (for level 80 raiding - I'll have a different leveling spec, and likely a different level 85 spec). And every once in a while it comes in handy. We lost an enhance shammy recently, and so if our rogue gets MCed on Lady Deathwhisper we're a little short on interrupts - if I see her running around trying to shank our healers, I'll use Silencing Shot on the next frostbolt volley. It's situational, but can be useful. Unlike the rest of the talent tree.

I just soled Drak Tharon Keep Heroic =)

I've just checked my Character's frame and it looks like 1 agi give 1 AP. I don't have screenshots but it is said : 3165 agi give you 3165 AP...

Plus, i've made so many tests on dummies and it looks like MM > SV > BM but in raid i have SV > MM, it is so difficult to just have enough haste to boost dps and avoid latency that just clip your 2nd SS and just making me lose my ISS buff. Anyone have advices for me ?

The tooltip is wrong - if you take your gear off you'll lose 2x agi AP.

Ok thx. For SV templates, I see most of people transfer 2/3 OwN in 2/2 Go fo the Throat. Do you think focus is that bad for SV that worth the 0/3 OwN and 2/2 GftT ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I found this to be quite interesting, although not 4.0.1 material, it will certainly be relevent in cata

Some of the other big reasons survival will leap ahead of marks/bm early on into cata are.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=62051#. Very easily obtainable trinket that you will use for a while.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82180 Eng glove enchant.

Both of these fall under elemental damage which as surv your mastery is increased elemental damage (~15-20% more damage in early cata gear from mastery)

This all might change but atm surv beats everything hands down.
    Thanks to Laryleprakon @ http://www.adeptguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=5514.0

I seem to be decent in PvE, damage wise and the decent-ish control from SV. I've heard the other two specs are struggling right now, but for now I'll limit my opinion and experience to SV and general Hunter thoughts and concerns.

Aspect of the Fox seems so-so, situationally useful so far, I feel the strafing is a bit weird though.

Counterattack - been a long term Surv fan and it has came in handy even with the changes to Deterrence and the lower SV talent tiers, but I feel that the window to use the attack now is far too small. It also seems to rely a bit on a cancel aura deterrence macro for me to use effectively.

Snake trap: abysmal. It doesn't seem to have scaled at all, let alone be affected by SV Mastery. The damage is pitiful; it does =/= the tooltip damage, 75 per second, and a good chunk of that will normally be resisted. The snakes themselves HAVE increased hp as I've levelled though, to 123hp! They don't last very long, and with Glyph of Snake Trap, it took a feral druid one 3 quarters of a Hurricane channel to kill them. The trash mobs in Stonecore normal do more damage than that, and channel it faster! Bordering on useless, if not for the crippling and mind numbing poisons and the root proc should you have the talent.

Disarms feel like another stun, and Focus management is a bit clumsy in PvP.

Camoflague seems more like a flavour ability than anything else, seemingly favouring a more oppurtunistic and hit and run style of play in PvP. Should create some interesting scenarios.

I miss Eyes of the Beast! It did come in handy for a few times. Also give pet bars longer action bars and with Focus regeneration to watch, it's becoming a pain to use pet macros that were annoying when we had mana; trying to target yourself, switch back to the original target after giving yourself Roar of Sacrifice for example is painful a lot of the time, slow and unforgiving, a lot like the rest of the class in pvp.

I can't seem to fault PvE - we have a lot of utility and our job as a Enrage / frenzy dispeller is soley our responsibility again, and I found the instances and levelling a blast so far.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Guide shall be updated in the next few days with new information. The guide again is a general hunter guide with more focus towards Survival and Beast Mastery. For a more detailed guide please look here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3-Build-guides

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to confirm, best Consumables to use are:

Flask: Flask of the Wind(s) - Agi
    Pot: Agi
    Food: Skewered Eal - Agi

I am not missing anything here am i?

You pretty much got it :P

UPDATE: Profession section updated, slowly working on this because busy with raids and Christmas coming up ;3

---------- Post added 2010-12-24 at 12:02 AM ----------

Update: Gemming and enchantment section updated!
    Last edited by Asuras; 2010-12-23 at 10:03 AM.

Deleted
    Hey, it has been a nearly a year since I played my hunter and I am now picking it up again after healing being so mindnumbingly boring.
    I was checking these forums now for information and came to this guide which is nice, but there is one sentence I dont understand:
    •There no longer is IAotH/QS and BMs can't get ISS to make up for it at 80

I am kinda puzzled to what the abreviations mean (except for bm's).

15+ Year Old Account
    IAotH = Improved Aspect of the Hawk, an old talent
    QS = Quick Shots, the name of the proc from the old IAotH talent
    ISS = Improved Steady Shot
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

so i figured this would be the best place to ask this question:

so i use the standard opener of ES>SrS>BA> and cobra to ES like a normal rotation but i dont know if this has come up but i read somewhere that ES AS ES during a LnL procc is the highest dps way to go but to be able to do this u must have 44+ focus, so i guess the question is should i be using ES AS ES if over 44 focus during LNL or is it better to do a ES cobra ES AS ES no matter the current focus?

also can somebody point me the way to a BiS gear page?

Don't really have time to write up anything detailed, so updated post further with minor new updates. Added links to better places with more detailed information because that's better then leaving the post with outdated information.

Update: MM Glyph / Rotation have "changed" yet again in recent week. So the "guide" is outdated for now.

>.<

Great info, this makes me want to boot up my hunter again!

Glyph of Chimaera shot is pretty useless as marksman. Reducing the cooldown by one second? Unless you're in paragon how often will that be useful? :P

Deleted
    "Feed Pet - now instantly restoring 50% of its total health. Cannot be used while in combat." That is so stupid - i like my hunter and now ..whith this - hunters no longer have hapiness on pets or mend pet will gain hapiness or what? If this is going to be like this ...i dont know... much of cool game play with hunters just been kiled!Like nonstop nurfing stuff, but this is not the place we are tolking about hunters...
    p.p. I also have a question to any Marksmanship hunter at max lvl. Do rapid killing at 85lvl hunter is good and working at pve ?Cose like the abillity says target gaining honor ot exp - 85lvl not gaining exp,and i dont play pvp. So if someone can explane this to me I will be happy. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Minimadness View Post
    "Feed Pet - now instantly restoring 50% of its total health. Cannot be used while in combat." That is so stupid - i like my hunter and now ..whith this - hunters no longer have hapiness on pets or mend pet will gain hapiness or what? If this is going to be like this ...i dont know... much of cool game play with hunters just been kiled!Like nonstop nurfing stuff, but this is not the place we are tolking about hunters...
    p.p. I also have a question to any Marksmanship hunter at max lvl. Do rapid killing at 85lvl hunter is good and working at pve ?Cose like the abillity says target gaining honor ot exp - 85lvl not gaining exp,and i dont play pvp. So if someone can explane this to me I will be happy. Thanks in advance
    it's an amazing thing they do, taking the last few scraps of the pet system (that they tore apart back in the start of wrath) I'm quite happy with it..

for your question, I sometimes like having 1/2 in rapid killing for PvE builts on targets with a lot of adds/AoE needed just to proc the extra 50 focus u get everytime you kill something. it works on any target that is green and above.