Deleted

Merging Partition back in

Right, I have a problem. I've set up a partition on my hard drive a good 2-3 years ago to split my personal files from my system files, C and D
    now lately the hard drive went full and I bought a new 1 TB one. i transfered all my files from D to E(new one) but now I can't seem to figure how to get my C and D merged together again.

I'm using windows XP with the service pack 3 if that's any use.

so basicly i want the 193gb of un assigned empty data (D)merged with the 39 gb of my system data(C) but i can't seem to figure out how, if anyone knows how please post (also any guides in english will work since i can figure out the translation by myself)

thx and please ask if you need any more info

Most 3rd party partition managers can resize partitions freely. So basically you delete the D partition ccompletely and then resize C to be whole disc sized. I'm not sure if Windows partitioner does it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I used a Linux utility to do it with the drive I wanted it on, as it was the drive Windows was on and I couldn't move those used files. You can usually do a livecd boot and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy View Post
    I used a Linux utility to do it with the drive I wanted it on, as it was the drive Windows was on and I couldn't move those used files. You can usually do a livecd boot and do it.
    Yeah windows CD will do it IIRC for XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Yeah windows CD will do it IIRC for XP.
    Can you do it and retain all the information with the Windows cd? I needed to keep C intact, while merging the space from C and D.

I dont think Windows partitioner can do that, you need some third party tool, or use Linux live CD to do it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always used Gparted, which is a linux util.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    I've always used Gparted, which is a linux util.
    I think that's the one I used. I had that, and a gentoo distro...

Deleted
    thanks guys this worked (I just googled partition tool after reading what you guys said)