Thread: Trinkits

Trinkits

Ok so I have been searching through all these threads and I still am quite confused... being that people have reached a semi consensus. I am currently using Deaths Choice and Tiny Abom in a Jar. Should these be replaced come 4.0.1 with DBW, Charred Scale, or even the War Token (I would like to get them before the patch hits)

And please don't flame me, I just want a quick easy answer.

From what I've heard Tiny Abom becomes a lot less desirable in 4.0 due to a decrease in the stacking rate for ret.

I believe the DBW and STS will be best in slot (the ARP goes to CRIT and then you'll likely be reforging the crit as haste)

I don't play on PTR and have no Beta access, so this is only mere speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle View Post
    From what I've heard Tiny Abom becomes a lot less desirable in 4.0 due to a decrease in the stacking rate for ret.

I believe the DBW and STS will be best in slot (the ARP goes to CRIT and then you'll likely be reforging the crit as haste)

I don't play on PTR and have no Beta access, so this is only mere speculation.
    I have had the Beta for only a little while now, but I haven't had the time (nor the intelligence :P ) to properly surmise the change since I started levelling as quick as possible. But thank you for your answer

Here is a stupid question though... STS stands for what...

more or less all 264 melee dps trinkets > TaiJ Normal.

Oh sorry, STS is Sharpened Twilight Scale.

DBw or Sts would probably beat Jar come 4.0.

Out of curiosity what about Death's verdict? Is that still a viable choice?

i also want to know this since the patch is mostly going to be this week , will be worth to bid on taj hc or not ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Croack View Post
    i also want to know this since the patch is mostly going to be this week , will be worth to bid on taj hc or not ;/
    ^ exactlly why I am asking ^.^ hopefully people can just quick look at this thread instead of wading through pages.

Should I replace my Deaths verdict though?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandrea View Post
    Out of curiosity what about Death's verdict? Is that still a viable choice?
    As far as I know DV hasn't increased or decreased in value. Strength is still our number one stat and if you have the trinket good for you. Trinkets like DBW and STS have surpassed it though due to their passive arp going to crit.

I myself will be going to use DBW (HC) + DV (HC).

would War Token be a viable replacement if you cant get your hands on a STS right away? already have Norm DBw

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boran View Post
    would War Token be a viable replacement if you cant get your hands on a STS right away? already have Norm DBw
    What are you replacing for War Token?

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MorphexEU View Post
    I myself will be going to use DBW (HC) + DV (HC).
    Lucky, heh. I haven't gotten my hands on a heroic DBW or STS and it's likely that I won't due to people that have been linking for them forever haven't gotten em yet.

i'll be using h sts + h tiny abom untill i can get a dbw

h tiny abom will still be better then most trinkets i believe

I have Norm DBw and Norm Whispering Fanged atm.

@ Boran
    you can reforge the crit on WFS to haste, then you will most likely have a better trinket then war token

@ Tinyknight
    Keep WFS and drop Taij.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandrea View Post
    Ok so I have been searching through all these threads and I still am quite confused... being that people have reached a semi consensus. I am currently using Deaths Choice and Tiny Abom in a Jar. Should these be replaced come 4.0.1 with DBW, Charred Scale, or even the War Token (I would like to get them before the patch hits)

And please don't flame me, I just want a quick easy answer.
    You should have been using the scale anyways. The scale was better then its death choice versions before the patch. Reg - Reg, Heroic-Heroic, and I think DBW will beat out Abom now especially if your hit capped without Abom.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.