Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What is with all these idiots complaining about patch day? Have you NEVER experienced a patch day, before? It is ALWAYS like this. Why?

Because no amount of money allows you to predict or see the future. No amount of money can fix known bugs "faster."

Seriously, would you rather them release the patch with all the issues it has, some even game-breaking, so that you'd just rage the entire time you played - or would you rather be able to log in a couple hours afterward, knowing everything is just going to work?

And here's a great thought - go outside. FFS, it's beautiful this time of year.

You guys can keep making assumptions on how easy it is to update 400+ servers with a 4gig patch each, because that's all they are... assumptions. You guys should be happy they are even giving us a time, I remember about a year ago when they were releasing a patch and it took them hours to get the servers back up and they didn't even bother telling us a time. That's when people should get pissed, when no information is given to when we will be able to play. Not when they are actually informing us, at least we know they are working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkai View Post
    Ok... so, could someone... anyone, please explain to me the logic in this:

We don't tank or off-tank, and we don't need threat for leveling or PvPing... so why would we need a skill that builds threat? I realize that any Enhancement Shaman worth his salt would never use Rockbiter Weapon... but still. Why?
    There are vids of shamans tanking ICC. Since resil no longer makes players crit immune, I doubt that this is nod to those crazy shamans that love to tank. Maybe it's a hint at things to come (fingers crossed).

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people have so much rage over a PATCH DAY, which should be commonly known for extended maintenance....Go outside you fucking vampires =X

Deleted
    The nerd-rage crits you for 9001. Like we didn't know it will be extended at least 12 hours .

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Hey buddy, by all means then, continue to pay Blizzard royalties they don't deserve due to their shoddy practices. Blizzard is a bunch of money grubbers, this was proven when they sided with Activision. I'm not raging, I'm stating cold hard facts, but hey. Continue to fail at being a smartass.

On another note, Blizzard had a fantastic product and still does, that's why people pay. That's also why patch day will continue to be disastrous, because as someone else said, why fix whats broken when people will still pay for total crap, and they can make money off it.

If people like you want to take this as "rage", then you really need help. I personally couldn't care less. Patch day makes for a hilarious MMO-Champion rage day.
    Nowhere in my post have i accused you of "raging". If anything i'd describe you as being paranoid after reading your response. The EULA and Terms of Use are about as cold and hard as facts can get. The same can not be said about your subjective views pertaining to Blizzard's practices or choice of business partners.

Quote Originally Posted by nicklozon View Post
    Ouch. My guildies are not going to be happy. I believe their should be "parallel" raids where gear and difficulty is equal, but separate instances. This really hurts those who want to raid a lot when most guilds only raid 10 or so hours a week.
    Come come now, you know you raid on multiple characters. Ten hours per week times, lets say 5lvl 80s, is a lot of bloody raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by SKLR View Post
    Nowhere in my post have i accused you of "raging". If anything i'd describe you as being paranoid after reading your response. The EULA and Terms of Use are about as cold and hard as facts can get. The same can not be said about your subjective views pertaining to Blizzard's practices or choice of business partners.
    That's where you are wrong. Bobby Kotick or however his last name is spelled, has said publicly all he cares for is the money in the video game industry, that, coupled with the fact Blizzard stated that the partnership was for financial reasons only... Come on buddy, you can't be that dumb. Do the math.

BTW, EULA terms change on the flip of a coin. Not that cold hard when they change each time Blizzards employee's need to take a piss, and to further add salt into this already scathing burn, remember Blizzards privacy invasion that wasn't in the EULA? Sentinel or whatever the hell it was called? Your "facts" are a bad source. Go elsewhere now please, like outside. I know I am. Sunshine is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kopasetic View Post
    I don't know why people have so much rage over a PATCH DAY, which should be commonly known for extended maintenance....Go outside you vampires =X
    I now have images of Twilight going through my head. :X
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Really?

Unless you work on an MMO and know exactly what is involved with updating hundreds of servers simultaneously with a major patch that alters damn near every system in the game, AND can say with certainty exactly how long it will take to complete this task no matter what previously unforeseen issues pop up, please don't insult the professionals whose job it is to do this. Just like most who hold down a job, especially a service job, they take pride in what they do and probably aren't paid enough for it. Bashing something you know absolutely nothing about just makes you look like a tool, anyway.

I would rather they keep extending the estimated time and have the servers stable when they do come up. And at least we get an estimate here. Every time there is a beta patch all we hear is "We have no ETA on the completion of maintenance." It could be 15 minutes, or it could be 2 days. We never know until the servers come back up.
    How many years have they been updating this game? If they don't have a grasp on how long things take by now then they fail. If I kept telling my customers I will have this done for you today and took 4 extra days, after 5 years I don't think I would still be working the same job.

That's where you are wrong. Bobby Kotick or however his last name is spelled, has said publicly all he cares for is the money in the video game industry, that, coupled with the fact Blizzard stated that the partnership was for financial reasons only... Come on buddy, you can't be that dumb. Do the math.

BTW, EULA terms change on the flip of a coin. Not that cold hard when they change each time Blizzards employee's need to take a piss, and to further add salt into this already scathing burn, remember Blizzards privacy invasion that wasn't in the EULA? Sentinel or whatever the hell it was called? Your "facts" are a bad source. Go elsewhere now please, like outside. I know I am. Sunshine is good.
    What exactly would you expect a businessman to be interested in ? Making a profit is neither immoral, nor a crime and should not be viewed as such, nor should any enterprise attempting it be reduced to the status of "money grubbers" as you've described them in the eyes of the consumer. But by all means continue to fight the power or whatever it is you're calling it nowadays.

Also, you are right that the EULA is itself subject to change, a contingency of said document. However, as is the case with any online service, the paragraph stating that the service is provided as is and with no guarantees will never be eliminated.

Anyway thanks for the advice, it is lovely outside. You enjoy yourself as well.

Bolded for extra lulz and irony.

EDIT: TL;DR, he called the guy a tool for raging, when he is defending Blizzards ludicrous delays like every other "tool" fanboy.
    I love how the guy calling everyone that's not crying and raging at this change a fanboy, when he so obviously can't even live a single day without the game.

[If all the people that threatened to quit actually did, wow would be a much nicer place.]

LOL I guess taking off work today wasn't such a good idea.

That' why people are bitching though. They took off work for Patch day lol. Oh sillyness indeed.

Anyways come on. This is a major patch. Like 3.3.2 was. Remember that one? Remember the extended maintenance on that day? Remember the onslaught of bugs that came with that patch? Remember the QQs of thousands on the forums about "Waaahh! I can't get into the new LFG!". Yeah it was a big deal of a patch then.

This should be very common now with people. Major Patches will extend maintenance hours. You should happy to see that blizzard is taking the precautions they are now, and doing whatever maintenance that is needed so that you *the paying customer* can have a better experience. And in the event shit doesn't work, guess what? The servers go down, an they work on it. Which by the way, your $14.95 plus anything you've purchased from Blizzard, probably pays the people working on those servers for you.

Anyways I'm not trying to be a Blizzard Apologist by any stretch here. But common sense tells me, these things happens. With that said, there is always tomorrow. And hell I got Minecraft to play.

It amazes me how many people want the new content but don't actually want to deal with a patch day. As others have said, it's ALWAYS this way with major patches. You should have known that, you should expect it. The fact that you can't play the flipping game for one day is simply too much to take? Blizzard will be done when they are done, and I'm sure when the first bug pops up people will be complaining about how they should have taken their time and "done it right the first time." Customer service rule number one: They will never be satisfied.

Except Bobby Kockdick has no part in Blizzard decisions. They are merged but it's not a full merger.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!1!!11! RA-RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE ABBLE!1!111!11!! RABBLE BLIZZARD RA-R-RA-RABBLE1!111!!!1! RA-PATCHBBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!11!!!1!1

Oh, wait, by the comments are we just getting a 100MB patch or is it still a ~4.5GB patch? Huh, must be a 100MB one....PATCH DAY!?!?!?

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!1!!11! RA-RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE ABBLE!1!111!11!! RABBLE BLIZZARD RA-R-RA-RABBLE1!111!!!1! RA-PATCHBBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!11!!!1!1

Deleted
    Hey buddy, by all means then, continue to pay Blizzard royalties they don't deserve due to their shoddy practices. Blizzard is a bunch of money grubbers, this was proven when they sided with Activision. I'm not raging, I'm stating cold hard facts, but hey. Continue to fail at being a smartass.

On another note, Blizzard had a fantastic product and still does, that's why people pay. That's also why patch day will continue to be disastrous, because as someone else said, why fix whats broken when people will still pay for total crap, and they can make money off it.

If people like you want to take this as "rage", then you really need help. I personally couldn't care less. Patch day makes for a hilarious MMO-Champion rage day.

Davep, just reading what you said hurt my head from the sheer stupidity of it. If I don't know what I'm talking about, you certainly don't either.

I'd rather that when the servers were back online they were updated and running properly rather than them putting them back up before they're ready just to make the impatient people happy.

I'm guessing 6PM PDT, but since it's a pre-expansion patch, 10PM isn't too crazy a guess.

It was probably a dumb idea to hope to raid tonight, wasn't it?

Things will still be wrong with the game even after the servers come back up. It's just how Blizzard does things.

It's not like any of you wow junkies are going to quit playing the game. You're only upset because you can't get your fix.

Once they allow you to insert the WoW syringe back into your arm you'll be pacified.

MOM, MORE HOT POCKETS!

nice str now gives parry... why should i care tough if it still doesnt proivde crit or any other kind of secondary dps bonus and why in the name of god they push physical classes to haste while casters get their "resource" along with their primary stat? whats the logic
    intelect= mana, spelldmg, crit
    agility= 2ap, crit, dodge
    strength= 2ap, parry

str should either grant 3 ap per point, give crit OR have haste incorporated in it.