Thread: 4pc Question

4pc Question

Currently until I can get my tier 11 helm I run with 4pc. Is it worth keeping over 359 brackish gloves if I am able to obtain 30% haste without DI with the gloves?

Basically my question is, if I can get 30% haste but lose 4pc until I get the helm, is it worth dropping the 4pc? Thanks.

Also, i've tried to do simcraft but my computer is a mac and doesn't seem to like these kinds of programs...

Are you talking about as a shadow priest? I am just wondering why 30% haste is particularly important if that is the case.

Yeah, sorry for the low amounts of information. It was posted on my phone. I'm a shadow priest, 30% haste gives an extra tick of damage to a dot of ours. Normally we aim for 2141 haste so that if we get DI we hit 30% haste. But I'm able to hit it without the DI. So I'm just curious.

Oic... I have just been going with the more haste is always good, but I am at lower gear levels than you

If you want you can pm your realm and toon's name and I could run the simulation craft for you. I think that is the only way you would get a really good answer. My inclination would be that losing 30% extra damage from sa's would suck though.

Last I checked, the 4pc was pretty garbage for Shadow, so I don't think you'd take a big hit from losing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Last I checked, the 4pc was pretty garbage for Shadow, so I don't think you'd take a big hit from losing it.
    The 4pc is "garbage" on its own, but it still does more DPS than offset pieces will give you. New's done the math a few times.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Hijacking this thread to continue the point: When should you drop the 4 piece? For example, I have 359 tier chest and shoulders with a 372 helm (from v&t). My legs are 372 tier, so I know I'll be keeping them. However, what if I get 372 shoulders say from atramedes? Should I drop the 4 piece to get that?

I mean obviously the 4 piece provides a slight advantage over any offset piece, but what happens when you take heroic gear into effect?

I assume the heroic gear will make it obsolete, but that's something to look into for those who have some time to kill.

4 Set is a DPS increase on your own recount but not on anyone elses and not on WoL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    4 Set is a DPS increase on your own recount but not on anyone elses and not on WoL.

not that this matters since i assume ones aim is to kill bosses.

using the scale factors below and using the simcrafted numbers for the set bonus (based on BiS t11 gear) you can work it out for yourself:

Int = 1.000
    SP = 0.788
    Crit = 0.435
    Haste = 0.499
    Mastery= 0.396

2pc = 222
    4pc = 90

run simcraft for yourself to find more accurate numbers for your own toon.

EDIT: thanks to fishman, kilee and others from shadowpriest.com

So basically, if you can get 2 pieces of 372 off-set gear, it'd be worth replacing? (rough estimation)

I for 1 will be glad to get 2p T12 WHATEVER the bonus is over this crap 4p.

Through New's tests and my own independent tests, the 4p bonus is worth ~70.25 PP. If you can gain ~70PP by replacing a piece of T11 then it is a wash. Basically if you're running 4pT11 where one item is still 359 and you can replace it with 372, you're coming out ahead by replacing that item with a non-set item. Once you can get that 4th piece up to 372, though, it is superior. Additionally, the helm off of Sinestra is roughly break-even in PP, so I'm gearing for T11 Shoulders/Legs/Chest, Sinestra helm (eventually), and Chimaeron's gloves.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/