Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    CC is Crowd Control.
    To control a crowd, you alter their current state to render them unable to attack.
    Sheep/Hex/Freezing Trap/etc are ways to control a crowd.
    So are piercing howl, chains of ice, hamstring, etc.
    If you hamstring then kite a melee mob, guess what? It can't attack.
    It is controlled.
    If you CoI a melee mob, then kite it around, it is controlled.
    If you fear a mob, especially with changes and glyphs, it trembles in place.
    It is controlled.

You just need to stop a mob from taking immediate action and it is CC'd.

Some classes, such as magi, have a more powerful CC as opposed to creative yet effective CCs such as chains and hamstring and the like.

The issue with warriors in 5mans is that their damage is horribly unbalanced.
    The class is broken and probably won't be fixed for a while.
    It's not that you don't have CC, it's that you don't have good damage anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Yeah dude I wasn't in a guild, so I had to make sure the group I was making went well, and some of it never did. Besides, why wouldn't you bring a lot of cc's to make sure your PUG run went well, especially for Heroic Magister's Terrace.

My question is what cc's can warriors do? And I mean reliable cc's, don't give me a stun, stuns probably won't go well if someone breaks it. Warlock's fear is so overpowered right now, I hate that cc right now.
    Never said I was talking about guild runs, merely pointing out I'm by no means a "pro player". Ofc I did some guild runs, where more often than not we actually had none of those classes people in this thread tend to classify as "cc classes". Obviously you wouldn't create a group specifically to avoid cc'ers, but if you constantly looked for 3 of those guess who'd be left for me to pick up.

But with a bit of tactics before pulls, I'm having trouble to see any group compositions where you can't cc at least 2 mobs.

And I gave a perfectly viable suggestions to what a warrior could do a few pages ago.
    Last edited by Pozz; 2010-10-13 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Chains of Ice, Death Grip, Psychic Scream and Mind Control would like to have a word with you.
    Ehh.. Mind Control doesn't seem like the best form of CC to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    Never said I was talking about guild runs, merely pointing out I'm by no means a "pro player". Ofc I did some guild runs, where more often than not we actually had none of those classes people in this thread tend to classify as "cc classes".

But with a bit of tactics before pulls, I'm having trouble to see any group compositions where you can't cc at least 2 mobs.
    Back in tbc, there weren't that much classes that could cc humanoids. Mages were good. Hunters were good but if I remember correctly from the hunter pulls, if you fired a frost trap you would aggro, correct?. Shamans I actually have no clue if they had cc for humanoids, I was a warrior tank at the time (I sold my account) so I have no clue what Shamans were capable of (I have one right now). Rogues. Warlock fears, noo Way! Dks weren't in the game. Paladins couldn't cc. Priests couldn't cc since the trash were all Humanoids (Im talking about the blood elf trash, not the few trash pulls before first boss).

i remember back in TBC that when we needed CC in a group, they made me offtank, which sucks :/ And if you say we need to glyph better or kite, well thats bull. melee kiting?? mhmm i love it. and from what i hear that Warrior's dps is going to hurt, i really dont wanna have to sacrifice a dps glyph to gain an unreliable CC when other classes have good reliable unglyphed CC.

Simple solution, give warriors a CC move. pvp mechanics is not CC

Deleted
    Thats why you're prot, everyone needs a tank!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Back in tbc, there weren't that much classes that could cc humanoids. Mages were good. Hunters were good but if I remember correctly from the hunter pulls, if you fired a frost trap you would aggro, correct?. Shamans I actually have no clue if they had cc for humanoids, I was a warrior tank at the time (I sold my account) so I have no clue what Shamans were capable of (I have one right now). Rogues. Warlock fears, noo Way! Dks weren't in the game. Paladins couldn't cc. Priests couldn't cc since the trash were all Humanoids (Im talking about the blood elf trash, not the few trash pulls before first boss).
    Fear was perfectly viable if the warlock knew what (s)he was doing, other fear type spells also if you'd arranged with the tank to pull back, which back then happened quite often, the charge into battle attitude is mainly a result of WotLK zerging.

Can't remember if hunters' traps would agro but even if they did that was really not a problem.

Priests could mind control a mob and they could fear 5 targets if properly pulled back. Paladins could take a single mob out of combat long enough for your party to have taken down another mob.

Shamans could if played decently kite at least two targets around, with some practice four mobs would not be impossible.

There's plenty of cc in the game, all might not be as obvious as "Polymorphs one target into a harmless critter" but they're still there.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 05:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rinda View Post
    half of wow doesn't REALLY know what a CC is.

if you cast it and it breaks and you can't reapply it instantly, it's not a CC

if it's got a CD, it's not a CC

look at hex, you break it and the fight is over before you can use it again. technically a CC, not a traditional CC and only useful every so often. not what i'd call reliable. traps work but again, if you break it the pull is ruined or it was never necessary to CC in the first place

as for fear, shackle and banish, well, fear doesn't count because it can easily make one pack become 5 packs of mobs, banish may be useful in cata but won't help against humanoids and shackle has probably seen all the use it is going to in ICC
    Where's these "rules" from ?

A cc is as the name will tell you the means to control a mob, fear, hex and snares very much fit under this category, as do silences and counters.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 05:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    Ehh.. Mind Control doesn't seem like the best form of CC to me.
    It requires correct placement (so you wont stand in aoe etc) but is still a way to help your group out, while it makes you stand still doing "nothing" it is no different than etc an elemental shaman kiting an add around, he'll be doing some damage but far from his potential.

Also remember if you pull by mc'ing a mob, the rest of the pack will engage in combat with that mob and you could end up MC'ing for a very short duration. If the mob stand in the back of a pack, remember mind soothe is your friend

Piercing Howl..

I'd like to take you fellow warriors back to the BWL days at the first boss in that instance... Piercing Howl a very good form of CC if used properly.

Just don't try to use it against ranged monsters because then it sucks, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    And I gave a perfectly viable suggestions to what a warrior could do a few pages ago.
    LoL I ain't going back, too lazy to click on the a number and control F your name until I find your post.

Blizzard only wants us to tank or DPS in raid settings. ):

On a serious note, this entire thread seems to be arguing about what CC is or isn't. How about we say warriors have no good CC for use in PvE environments. I say "good" in comparison to CC like Repentance, Sap, Polymorph, etc., not 5 second stuns or any means of kiting.
    Last edited by Vladilena; 2010-10-14 at 12:34 PM.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Quote Originally Posted by Vladilena View Post
    On a serious note, this entire thread seems to be arguing about what CC is or isn't. How about we say warriors have no good CC for use in PvE environments. I say "good" in comparison to CC like Repentance, Sap, Polymorph, etc., not 5 second stuns or any means of kiting.
    Not all classes can have the same advantages, it would require a massive overhaul of excisting warrior abilities if you give them a cc like polymorph as warriors already have quite a few tools for pvp.

What will tell us whether a warrior is decent or if he's horribad is how they'll use the tools they have at their disposal, because there is posibilities in terms of of cc for a warrior.

Warriors and DKs are the only classes without a CC that doesn't require them to pretty much sit the fight out.

It's not going to change, it sucks, get over it.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Alas how shalth thine warrior survive this?!
    Same as last time. We don't care, we just nuke and walk of happily with a few badges.
    Last I checked warriors were used in vanilla and TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    Alas how shalth thine warrior survive this?!
    Same as last time. We don't care, we just nuke and walk of happily with a few badges.
    Last I checked warriors were used in vanilla and TBC.
    But you can only scream "the sky is falling" so many times before it's true !

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for any non-tank spec'ed warrior that tries to get a PuG 5 man. With CC actually being required on alot of runs..they are going to be left behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    warrior tank says hi

Even if every class had a "true CC" (whatever that truly means) and warriors had absolutely nothing, you really think you're going to get into a ton of heroics where there are 3 warriors dpsing? Heroics in Cata aren't going to be like they were back in BC where you were almost forced to bring a hunter, mage, and rogue to almost all heroics, and god forbid if you were a fury warrior. You're going to need 1, max 2 possible CCs, and it won't even be every trash pack. Let's say you're in a heroic and the tank pulls a pack and you run up to the one he wants you to cc and hamstring it. Then you run away while it's still on the tank, and taunt it off him. Now it's off the tank, which provides the other dps enough time to burn down at least one mob so then the tank can taunt it back. I'm just making up an example, but it doesn't have to be the straightforward CCs (hex, trap, sheep, etc) that you think of. You can get creative with it. I think that's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    A stun is not really CC.... You cannot compare a stun to sap, sheep or hex.
    A stun IS CC, you use it to control the mobs.

Stop being a baddie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasragfist View Post
    how about warr's git a rez with a 48 hour cd and the greatest animation ever giant angels come up lifting you on a great golden cloud while this dragon bursts up and grants you three wishes then this weird alien dood jacks your magical wishing balls...lets call them dragon balls....and of course my taure is so leet he duel wields two gnomes with titans grip with a blood elf proctladin strapped to my back that how i win a fight!
    I wanna smoke what this guy's smoking :P

Why yes, I do have too much time on my hands... how did you guess?