Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs down The real end of world pvp

Flying destroyed even more world pvp....now that you can use it in azeroth, blizz should add a debuff (on pvp realm at least), that make you unable to use your flying mount when you're flag....

what do you think ?

on the brightside pallys cant bubblehearth anymore "video of the last one in history" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFoSjONlBrI

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant take a side on that really cause,

Good side: Ground Mounts will have some good use again and you cant just release and fly up to run away...

Bad side: that would make you unable to use your flying mount for minimum 5 minutes >.<

yea i think that or some similar thing should be on pvp servers..imagine someone who randomly attacks you out of nowhere for no reason. but you end up killing him and ofc you want some sort of revenge but your unable to because the guy instant mounts up when he ressed up and you never see him again.... i aprove to this idea.

edit: i forgot about ground mounts here.. although you can get away way more easy with an flying mount then with an ground mount

Quote Originally Posted by carnage1320 View Post
    on the brightside pallys cant bubblehearth anymore "video of the last one in history" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFoSjONlBrI
    Am I the only one that has seen this guy in like 5 different threads posting the same exact thing each time?

Deleted
    The real open-world-pvp killer are the dungeon finder and the pvp-enqueuer. don't get me wrong, these are wonderful tools, but they pretty much killed off rnd world pvp...
    I'm afraid it's simply a choice you have to make in such a MMO-RPG --> comfortable and efficient dungeon/BG-systematics OR forcing the players to criss-cross the zones to increase open world encounters...

Quote Originally Posted by carnage1320 View Post
    last? i can still do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

If you think about it, flying mounts might make world pvp easier, since you can reach someone fighting on the ground faster than with your ground mount, leaving him with less time to run away.

If someone runs away from you, you won the fight. If flying makes it too hard to gank, though, you won't get any sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by Ashilax View Post
    Am I the only one that has seen this guy in like 5 different threads posting the same exact thing each time?
    Duh, he's self-promoting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    If you think about it, flying mounts might make world pvp easier, since you can reach someone fighting on the ground faster than with your ground mount, leaving him with less time to run away.
    This is true.

I have a somewhat new hobby that I gained while playing WotLK that involves a flying mount and those silly horde zeps.

I cannot imagine the fun I am going to have when I can land on one of those things while it is in flight in the old world.

(Shamans, you will literally be the bane of all horde players lvl 58 and lower who use them to get around).
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gliese876 View Post
    The real open-world-pvp killer are the dungeon finder and the pvp-enqueuer.
    This....it used to be it was harder to quest around dungeon summoning stones but now...meh no worries. I want more PVPNESS, Or event locations or common quest hubs will get camped.

ganking != PVP its just someone being a dick for no real reason. Don't worry I'm sure their will be plenty of ways to grief people in the daily's zone in the new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    But people are fighting on the ground much less often in the first place. It doesn't matter though, there's Tol Barad Peninsula.

Don't worry I'm sure their will be plenty of ways to grief people in the daily's zone in the new content.
    Now how would that constitute griefing? If we're talking about daily quests, we're talking about level 85s, so you can't argue that it is a matter of killing lowbies.
    And if we can kill them it means then they chose to play on a pvp server or chose to flag themselves for pvp on a pve server, so they opted for their questing to be "disrupted" by pvp. I would argue that in this case it does not disrupt it as much as it becomes part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage View Post
    But people are fighting on the ground much less often in the first place. It doesn't matter though, there's Tol Barad Peninsula.

Now how would that constitute griefing? If we're talking about daily quests, we're talking about level 85s, so you can't argue that it is a matter of killing lowbies.
    And if we can kill them it means then they chose to play on a pvp server or chose to flag themselves for pvp on a pve server, so they opted for their questing to be "disrupted" by pvp. I would argue that in this case it does not disrupt it as much as it becomes part of it.
    Agreed. We can't argue that killing 85 players in a pvp zone or anywhere on a pvp server is griefing or ganking. It is just pvp, as is intended. Any other explanation is just silly. Lets have some small measure of pvp on a "pvp" server.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question, Is flying permitted anywhere on Tol'Barad? (Oh God I hope not)

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Duh, he's self-promoting

he wants his internet monies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    Quick question, Is flying permitted anywhere on Tol'Barad? (Oh God I hope not)
    Nope, flying is not permitted on the Island of Tol'Barad at anytime, only ground mounts.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Destrokilla View Post
    Flying destroyed even more world pvp....now that you can use it in azeroth, blizz should add a debuff (on pvp realm at least), that make you unable to use your flying mount when you're flag....

what do you think ?
    So basically you couldn't fly your mount in contested zones?

Sounds fun.. considering the only zone you should really be in while flying is contested...

p.s. NICE troll!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrokilla View Post

what do you think ?
    ...so you couldn't _ever_ fly in any contested zone on a PVP server, including the new zones which are likely to have content that you _have_ to be able to fly to reach? Or the places in Outland/Northrend that you _have_ to fly to reach?

Your cunning plan, I think you failed to think it all the way through.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.