Thinking about building a computer.

I've recently been thinking about building a computer, but a few thoughts and concerns are kind of making me stray away from the idea. I'm not too computer smart, but I'm not an idiot. I've kind of introduced myself to the basics of parts and what they do, what they're for, etc. That's about it though. My concerns with building my own PC is what happens if I buy the wrong parts? What happens if I screw something up?Etc, etc, etc. Would I be able to find any decent guides, or help with building my own computer? Help that would be noob friendly? I kind of have an idea of what it would be like to build my own, but that's it... Not too much on the specifics, and which parts are compatible with which, etc.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    did you even try google before you posted here? the internet is full of information about computers, use your brain to find it.

once you've done that, post here with ideas / stuff you find / etc and people will tell you (in a more friendly manner) what is/isnt compatbile, what could be better, etc., etc
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right