Thread: 80 Resto Build

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    http://wowtal.com/#k=fvVzwrEX.a5o.shaman.RPo9E-
    That is the spec I currently have on my resto shaman...it seems the most logical considering attacking something (unless it's a desperate frost shock) in WoTLK as a healer is just fucking dumb and you should be ashamed if you say it would be useful.
    Glyphs:
    I tried the riptide glyph and I wasn't to impressed by it also I did research on some of the top resto shamans on my server and saw they used the earthliving glyph over the riptide glyph so for now I'm going with that to see if it will help with my healing a bit more.

Everything else glyph and talent wise seems basic to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instant View Post
    You're right. It's just that i've explained it in 5 (i think) different threads, put a lot of time into writing those post, but people still can't spend few seconds to read what was written in a thread they are about to respond to. It's not only disheartening but also annoying

I was nice (at least i think so ) first and second time, even third. But at some moment you loose patience.

As for your question, to be honest i didn't check it. I never checked it because i never used FI or UE for Riptide Always thought that it heals for so little that it's not worth it. Although if it does increase HoT, it might be actually quite nice.
    I totally understand that and I really shouldn't be talking myself considering how I can get sometimes. It's hard, I know...

In other news, the Riptide HoT crits now for sure (yay!) and is affected by haste (yay!), and I *think* the FI buff helps it, but recount doesn't seem to be working quite right and it was hard to see a noticable difference with the ICC buff and fluctuating numbers, it's my first time raiding since the update and the numbers aren't what I'm used to seeing. This might be general info for some but oh well.

I am quite happy with Riptide now (I really used to not like the spell much for most of WotLK, all the buffs it needed on gear to make it useful were kinda sad to me), and I like FI too, don't forget it's a great thing to do if you need to move and Riptide is on CD or there's a lull and your mana is not an issue but spike damage might be.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Riptide is now exceptionaly good spell it only costs 2.2k mana. HoT part is increases by UEElW, but not by FI

I won't advocate Telluric to people who are on the top of their game and kill Hmarrowgar in under 100seconds. This talent will not help you in that situation. I would advocate this talent for any resto who is happy with 6/12 HM half casual with plans to solo / quest as resto spec, as the mana it returns is nothing short of amazing, provided you are capable of hitting your target.

In fact, it's providing me slightly less mana (about 1935 per hit) than TWO of my healing surges for me, while the 3.6 seconds it takes me to cast a lightning bolt and those two surges puts me at zerosum mana spent. Considering surge is doing about the same if a wee bit less than healing wave used to do, I find it a fair trade off from the old riptide/ 2x Healing wave combo.

It's not game breaking, but I find it's worth the effort whenever I used to riptide/ 2x Healing wave. Certainly more powerful a tool than Focused Insight at 80. Also the decided force in my ability to solo some wrath heroics this week.

Your milage may vary.
    Last edited by Sparkalark; 2010-10-16 at 09:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by avixiz View Post
    I suppose the two points could go into Totemic Reach, however I figured we'd be taking a lot of damage in raids anyway, why not reduce it.
    I agree, one point is enougth.