Thread: Seriously ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Seriously ?

Mind Spike no longer causes a high amount of threat. Now extinguishes your shadow damage-over-time effects from the target in the process. Range increased from 35 to 40 yards.

So i might be interpreting this wrong but in order for me to have an instant MB and guaranteed crit i have to drop all my dots ? if that`s the case then mind spike gone from pve before it even got the chance
    Someone pls tell me im not understanding this right

No glyphs that changes this?

Mind Spike is meant for short, quick fights where you don't have time to put your DOTs up, or your DOTs don't have time to be worth a damn. It's not meant for your normal rotation. So, no, you're not understanding it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    What rat said, that's what I understood

aye what he said u got enuff abillitys for longer fights i belive =)

yeah i know what blizz said and all that but ive been on beta and seen the amount of hp mobs have... guess i kind of fooled myself into thinking there won`t be no such things as short fights

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chell82 View Post
    yeah i know what blizz said and all that but ive been on beta and seen the amount of hp mobs have... guess i kind of fooled myself into thinking there won`t be no such things as short fights
    In raids there might come adds, which need to be burned down quickly. That's where Mind Spike shines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very happy about this. I was quite jealous of affliction warlock's ability to remove dots from their targets at will. This could be very useful in PVE situations.

I agree with it not being used in a PvE setting, but it directly contradicts what Blizzard said it's PvP use was: Something Spriests can use when they get interrupted and locked out of Shadow tree.

Like someone else said in another thread, a melee runs up to you, you fear, DoT them up, and they come back and interrupt a MF/MB. What are you going to do, sit there and let the DoTs tick like we always have, or use the one spell we can use and wipe out our DoTs? The former. We won't use Mind Spike in PvP at all, really.

Which forces Mind Spike into a position where it's only used by itself with no other abilities whatsoever, to burn something down quickly. Sounds absurdly boring to me. If they don't want it in PVE rotations there must be other ways to make it not worthwhile.

The only case i would see using mind spike in pve is say for example the 1 add that spawns occasionaly on anub`rekhan ( This is just an example ) ... the add doesn`t have all that much hp as to justify all dots on him and standard rotation but also not low enough that you can ignore... here`s where 3 mind spikes 1 mb and another 3-4 mind spikes might shine...

other than that ... if i got 3-4 mobs id much rather multi dot than rely on mind spike... any more than that and were talking about mind sear allready. So yeah while it may seem a logical step you still gotta wander about some stuff

Deleted
    Intention of Mind Spike has always been to use it on short fights, quote from official notification:
    The intent of Mind Spike is to fill a niche missing in Shadow DPS, though it may be occasionally useful for healers as well. Mind Spike provides a quick nuke to use in situations where the priest doesn't have time to set up the normal rotation, such as when adds are dying too fast or you have to swap targets a lot.
    Source: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....Id=12947282379
    They did this so that you won't be able to use it in single target too.

I preferred the higher threat...

I am torn but I think it is more useful the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I am torn but I think it is more useful the way it is now.
    The change has lowered it's benefit in PvP (but who cares, PvP sucks anyways). But I liked the idea of having a Searing Pain like ability despite the risk of out aggroing and getting myself killed. Personally, I feel threat management is the most fun part of a DPS role.

The reason this thing did shadowfrost dmg was because they wanted to give SP an attack they could use when interrupted in shadow school... now it will be useless in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Mind Spike is meant for short, quick fights where you don't have time to put your DOTs up, or your DOTs don't have time to be worth a damn. It's not meant for your normal rotation. So, no, you're not understanding it right.
    FYI, there is another aspect of the game called pvp.

Do you guys really think they're not going to make it useful in PvP? Look at how much things have changed with it already. It is bound to change again.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    This exactly. It was stated when the ability was first announced. The entire purpose of high threat gen was to discourage overusing it, especially in a regular rotation. Evidently, Blizzard came up with a better incentive for using it for its intended purpose of trash, not on a boss rotation.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzoti View Post
    FYI, there is another aspect of the game called pvp.
    FYI pvp fights aren't supposed to be "short,quick" anymore either.

It was meant to do this, it was meant to do that.

Seems to me the "niche" is getting so small, before you know it this new spell wont appear on anyones castbar.