10+ Year Old Account

Spontaneous Deserter?!

I experienced this twice, l chose to join random BG, so that I would test the new skills and stuff in 4.0.1, both of the times WSG popped. So I enter, and I am not stressing the crashes and game freezes I had at all, even though they were pretty annoying too. The thing is, in both times I entered the WSG, after a while (maybe 3-4 mins) I automatically got teleported out of the BG, to dalaran (which I entered the BG from) and I got the deserter debuff!

Now this keeps giving me 15 mins wait time before I can try again, so I dont know about other battlegrounds, but what the heck is that kick? I dont go afk, dont get that Report Away debuff. In fact first time I got kicked was in the middle of a fight...

Anyone else got this and/or knows how to solve it? Because Im really annoyed at this >:[

It's a strange bug that was occuring on the PTRs as well. Seems blizz was just in a rush to get this patch out =/

I had happent to me to while playing on my mage alt lvl 70, in the middle of fighting horde in a tower when I get insta ported out and recieve the deserter de-buff made me very sad cus I was having fun watching ppl die just from a living bomb tick

I'm getting this. in addition, my game crashes whenever i pick up a flag in WSG--either to carry or return. BG's are completely unplayable right now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's bugged. Something fun i realised is that I couldn't see myself on the scoreboard before i got kicked out. So probably it bugs. Let more people join then supposed to. Then after a while kicking out the people that got to many of.

Just happened to me, returned flag....screen freeze, I've had no problems with any crashes etc. until this bg incident..
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

Similar thing happened to me. I was in WSG and before the match actually begun my wow crashed when I was trying to get mage food. I restarted it and it happened again. I restarted it a third time and 5 min. into the BG I got deserter. Me and my friends were having a good laugh though, we were saying a rogue had poisoned the mage food lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonjar View Post
    Similar thing happened to me. I was in WSG and before the match actually begun my wow crashed when I was trying to get mage food. I restarted it and it happened again. I restarted it a third time and 5 min. into the BG I got deserter. Me and my friends were having a good laugh though, we were saying a rogue had poisoned the mage food lol.
    I've experience this in BG's as well as in LFD randoms when clicking to help summon a mage table or lock cookie well. Seems to be something to do with that in particular, though I've had other DC's as well.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    Norway, way way way way way way way way north.
    My friend won a BG and got deserter :>
    and to be honest so far this patch is sooo full of bugs I would only wish they could have spent more time fixing it and left arena season up and made the patch less buggy.
    Death Knight Main
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    I click
    I keyboard turn
    I never go LoS

Oh, did I forget to say that I got glad as LSD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this has happened to me several times to....annoying but nothing to really complain about.

Deleted
    Actually this happened to me every now and then in WG before the 4.01 patch (maybe 3 times in total since i started playing again). I just spawned again behind the fortress, mounted up and everytime my screen froze on the way down to the ground level of the fortress. Exiting WoW with the taskmanager and starting it back up again got me back in but still annoying.

P.S. I never have any issues anywhere btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    It's a strange bug that was occuring on the PTRs as well. Seems blizz was just in a rush to get this patch out =/
    or it was an unknown bug, just because its blizzards game doesn't mean they can catch every single thing that slips through the cracks. give it some time.

"What are we, if not slaves to this torment..." Sylvannas Windrunner, Former Ranger General of Quel'thalas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrill View Post
    or it was an unknown bug, just because its blizzards game doesn't mean they can catch every single thing that slips through the cracks. give it some time.
    I remember the GM saying that it was a known bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!