Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmageddon View Post
    Really? Because I've been pulling 6k with 8% hit and all crit gems on Training Dummies by spamming execute.
    /facepalm

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild decided to go do icc 25 tonight (only normal modes so people could get used to new play styles/rotations) now usually I am top 3 dps, all depending on if I tunnel or not, with around 14k (not in the most optimal gear)but tonight Saurfang 25 and Festergut 25 I was barely middle of the pack, doing 10k on each fight, now granted I didnt have to move for a spore or anything but those 2 fights excluded, the rest of the night was abysmal. The new 'rotation' is way to clunky.

As for what they could do to buff us, well the could lower the CD on Raging Blow to maybe 4 seconds. They could try to figure out a way to get deep wounds for us again (last week overall in 25 icc, deep wounds was 9.9% of my damage), if they did that, that would also allow us to get our 2 set t10 bonus back. Then they could buff the 4 set t10 to 10% instead of 5%. Maybe they could also make Raging Blow proc Bloodsurge. Little things like that could go a long way.

Lets not forget also, with the buff homogenizing that we are actually losing out on raid buffs we counted on before. Gift of the wild no longer stacks with kings, kings is now 5% (down from 10%) little things like that add up over time.
    Last edited by Phy; 2010-10-14 at 08:15 AM.

The buff is in, I'm not going to math it out, but it appears to be ~20% more even buff, my damage per ability breakdown is virtually unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUSHER View Post
    The buff is in, I'm not going to math it out, but it appears to be ~20% more even buff, my damage per ability breakdown is virtually unchanged.
    Im getting above 9k crits finally. 12k heroic strike crits, 10k bt, 13k rblow, awesome blizz you did it!

Deleted
    Possible you can do a number crunch on a dummy at some point?

I haven't gotten buffed yet, just check on the target dummy, still the same ol 5.5k avg dps.

it was immediatly following a server reset for me, although ret buff was in before the reset so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by ZombyChan View Post
    Cool. You spammed a situational damage ability against a stationary target and got subpar DPS.
    If I'm reading EJ right (and I like to think I am) mindlessly mashing Execute when it's available while occasionally hitting BT nets way more DPS than sticking to normal rotation and hitting Execute to refresh Executioner stacks.

credits: Supernerd

I think ZombyChan was pointing out that mashing Execute in a DPS test on a dummy is pointless.

Obviously it would be great in an actual fight, although you shouldn't have to rely on execute mash to bring your dps inline with other classes.

see this is why i hate arena, we only get these balance issues fixed this fast in the off season.
    come to think of it why do they try to not do it this fast during arena seasons?

Wait so they buffed it already?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the buff? MY DPS hasn't changed from last night. Still 4.5k DPS >.< I suck now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudwolfe View Post
    Well just from looking at Before and After parses on WoL. Such an example is:

Cheroo who is in Pantheôn on EU-Antonidas who is ranked 20th in the world pre 4.0.1 for Fury Warrior DPS on Suarfang 25 man heroic at 22241 DPS, Now does 15501 DPS.
    Ah so heading toward (albeit slightly overdone) other HYBRID DPS classes, good to see you back down here with the rest of us, there's a kitty in the corner you can cuddle or a Ret Pally furiously trying to bubble hearth overthere...All are welcome, all are welcome.

i think for us servers it happens after the restarts 5am.

As far as i can tell its not changed on the EU server im on either.

well fury is goin to be crap even after the buff.. we dont have enough points to even take advantage of the t10 2peice set bonus. arms isnt that bad jsut stack as much mastery as you can the passive sword mastery lol just get retarded and it is farm from rage starved also get 2peice and 4peice bonuses. have had proced hits proc more hits. arms is goin to want 25man PP trinket now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know about others but its the rotation and rage issues that are more concerning me than the actual numbers. Even hardcapping hit has "Not enough rage" with a 100% uptime on my screen, when RB or slam procs I often cant use them without waiting, the notion of a "rage dump" in HS seems almost farcical.
    If they buff the damage well thats a start but there's still the core problem of a rotation that just doesn't really flow very nicely and isn't as enjoyable as it was.

I miss the days of plentiful rage and whirlwind.

Exclamation

Alright, posting this again as the first submission did not go through, along with a few additions.

Well, to sum everything up from what I've read and from past experiences i'll post a bit of information to rest your souls, fellow warriors.

1. We have the most awesome beards in the game, but they need more beards to choose from.

2. Since the inception of world of warcraft, warriors have been built around gear. I don't recall ever seeing a warrior doing optimum numbers in any raid content whilst not in BiS gear. If this holds true even still, that just means we won't see our true dps potential until we are at level 85 in full BiS gear. Which also means we'll be completely useless in heroics and allllllll the way to BiS'dom since we do not have a single true cc either.

3. Exchange haste and all of our extra crit into Hit to get 24% in the character screen. Having that plus the 3% from talents = 27% hit. My warrior has about a 3% chance to miss melee swings. Do this.

4. Gemming correctly for this patch: Meta = crit/crit instead of agi/crit now. Red's = Bold Cardinal Rubies, Yellow's = Inscribed Ametrines, and Blue's = Etched Dreadstones. Make sure you gem the etched dreadstones in before you reforge or you'll be spending more dough than you need to.

5. Battle shout is our new blood rage and battle shout in one. Use it when you're completely rage depleted. If you know the fight doesn't require a fear break throw in berserker rage also, or save it for when you are not enraged to enable Raging blow.

6. Execute is good now, use it.

7. This temporary fix will satiate our needs until we start leveling. We should take this as blizzard listening to our cries and our parses and is doing something about it. No need to QQ, we all know we are underpowered atm and need this handicap buff, for reasons I have already stated. We are level 80, missing colossus smash and inner rage, and we lack level 85 raiding gear. We all know ArP is six feet under, let it go.

8. No, our 2-piece T10 does not function. Yes it is a complete waste. Yes, our 4-piece T10 is just a 5% damage increase.

9. No, as far as I know, there is not a complete guide on warriors in patch 4.0.1. There does not seem to be an up-to-date warrior spreadsheet either. This will come with time as our nerdy, number crunching, e-thug (albeit great) companions work towards their completion. /Hats off Landsoul and others.

10. When cata draws near, have your blacksmithing maxed out and be ready level it like a mad man. The Blue sword we can make does around 410 dps and requires level 81.. it will last for a bit.

11. Shadowmourne is good up until level 85 heroics, as the proc breaks cc and does subpar numbers compared to other weapons.

I will think of more later possibly, but I am tired, as I just woke up.

Just as a side note. Set bonuses have always been scaled intended to be around a 2-3% increase in overall damage. The fact that ours is a straight 5% increase...is well..amazing.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    Just as a side note. Set bonuses have always been scaled intended to be around a 2-3% increase in overall damage. The fact that ours is a straight 5% increase...is well..amazing.
    Indeed.