10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicella View Post
    Fire::
    Last week Saurfang:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6865&e=6990

This week Saurfang:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3970&e=4100

Whats wrong with this picture!
    Less dps this week, and we're getting nerfed.
    Maybe you still don't know how to play the new Mage? It could be a contributing factor in the sense that you're not doing it right. Last week =/= this week my friend, things have changed massively. I think with a few more days, maybe even a week or two with testing out the new changes, you'll be doing almost the same amount of DPS as you were last week.

That's just my opinion.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2010-10-14 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    I just find no reason why theyre nerfing us. Im normally top on dps for every fight pre patch, im now sitting 3-4th now, with a boomkin sitting number 1 just spamming insect swarm to hell oudoing everyone on dmg by millions...and theyre not overpowereed right? Fire mages are of course, lets ignore everything for a second. All our AOE is OP I will admit, our single target, personally just comming out of icc25 my single target on som fights is the same, on most however my dps is lower than it was before. And they want to nerf us?
    hmm, ok, im not saying much cuz i dont know much about druids.

however.

my guildies were bitching about how balance druids cant get insect swarm anymore. i just assumed it was moved.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

I have a friend in Light of Dawn guild, and their mages are currently doing 21k on Marrowgar..
    You realy think this isn't OP? Then I think you are doing it wrong. Also the best geared Warrior on their server was doing 11k on Saurfang.. (He might be doing something wrong aswell, but I think we can agree that this is a major nerf) As a feral druid I am happy to see that we are getting buffed, but I didn't realy care that much. From what I saw on dummies I would still be able to pull my own weight in 10 HM, after changing out some stats and getting used to new rotation. And I don't give a damn if I wouldn't be able to compete with the locks and mages (or any class that isn't getting buffed now) Their good dps would make bossfights faster. I would rather see some work on glyphs. (One major glyph related to feral dps atm, and people don't seem to agree if it's actually good for us.)

EDIT: CBA to read through 6 pages of QQ, but from quotes etc. I see some mages saying that their dps is on par with what they did before patch, and lower on some fights. I suggest that you learn to play your class again, like everyone else has to. You are just as stupid as the hunters and rets that are complaining.
    Last edited by Sleepysnik; 2010-10-14 at 01:27 PM. Reason: People are stupid.

Blizz said they wanted to mage fire a spec that ppl can use as a tangible alternative to arcane. then "they" decide it is doing too much damage. When i get roflstomped by a hunter in the face with improved serpent sting, i dont complain. When i get stunlocked by a pally/rogue/warrior, i don't complain. When i get destroyed by a balance druid who, when you get a shot off, changes to tree, then to bear, then to kitty, then to boomkin to smear your face in the snow.. i dont complain. when a lock owns you as soon as look at you.. i dont complain. or when the shaman one shots you with chain lightning.. dont complain. but when i get lucky and have a nice living bomb proc that owns people in pvp for once.. yeah.. then blizzard have a problem. i swear, sometimes i think ghostcrawler is watching over my shoulder: how can i piss this mage off more?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsu View Post
    It sucks to be a warrior right now
    i swear you guys dont know how to play or something.

every warrior ive grouped with (so..only 3 since its been so recent of change) that dps'd did very good damage considering there gear level (5-6k single target on 5 man bosses, 8-10k aoe)

ill admit ive only done heroics so far, people in my guild trying specs out before we do icc again. Id find it hard to believe the dps wouldnt go up in raids (my gear is GS equivalent of 5.3k, the warriors were at best 5.6)
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    hmm, ok, im not saying much cuz i dont know much about druids.

however.

my guildies were bitching about how balance druids cant get insect swarm anymore. i just assumed it was moved.
    Insect Swarm is a baseline ability now, all druids have it.

I dunno, my mage is an alt and mish-mosh geared and I was hitting 9k on dummy as arcane, 11k as fire. Garabeg gear, mind you. HOWEVER.... my friend plays a well geared Boomkin. *cough* He hit 26k DPS on Heroic Saurfang 25m last night. Ridiculous.

I mean "Nerf Mages!!!"

Oh, later edit: I play shadow and disc... Shadow is better, but it is not OP. Unless you have an idiot spamming SW: D at the end of the fight while keeping his DoTs up. Which is a waste as we all knew that would get fixed. I got smoked by mages, a boomkin and DK's last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Its not really about doing what he wants, but what actually needs to be done. I've seen absolutely no parses that show fire any higher than it was before the patch. If someone has some, please offer them up. Fire was considered "balanced" keeping up with fury warriors in 3.3, so why the hell is it nerf'd for almost being as good as destro?

My opinion on Arcane and Frost just comes down to number scaling, I think a nerf here is justified across the board, what I disagree with is fire being ahead.
    speccing fire uppded my 5 man dps by 3-6 k single target i know that. without using FFB, while my dps wasnt higher on aoe, it was more damage (not sure how that worked exactly other then dps uptime).

edit: said arcane instaed of fire my bad
    Last edited by allrightythen; 2010-10-14 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    I have a friend in Light of Dawn guild, and their mages are currently doing 21k on Marrowgar..
    You realy think this isn't OP? Then I think you are doing it wrong. Also the best geared Warrior on their server was doing 11k on Saurfang.. (He might be doing something wrong aswell, but I think we can agree that this is a major nerf) As a feral druid I am happy to see that we are getting buffed, but I didn't realy care that much. From what I saw on dummies I would still be able to pull my own weight in 10 HM, after changing out some stats and getting used to new rotation. And I don't give a damn if I wouldn't be able to compete with the locks and mages (or any class that isn't getting buffed now) Their good dps would make bossfights faster. I would rather see some work on glyphs. (One major glyph related to feral dps atm, and people don't seem to agree if it's actually good for us.)

EDIT: CBA to read through 6 pages of QQ, but from quotes etc. I see some mages saying that their dps is on par with what they did before patch, and lower on complaining.
    I did over 21k PRE patch on Marrowgar.
    How is OP if we do the same or Less single target damage?

Also we dont have to relearn the class. single target DPS is the EXACT same rotation, just have to time combustion correctly. Only skill oriented change that came in was using Impact on multi-target fights.

Edit: Click my sig and look at armory before you say "you need to learn how to play your class", don't you think a mage who was part of one of the top 10 guilds in the US who killed Heroic LK 25 at 15% buff back in May would know every aspect of their class.

this is moreso directed at NatePsychotic & Trlz
    Last edited by Alicella; 2010-10-14 at 01:42 PM.

PvP:: yes OP

PvE:: i did more dps last week as fire, than this week. Care to explain why we need nerfing?
    i really want to assume your playing it wrong, cuz it was a huge dps increase for me. and i was quite good at arcane.

15+ Year Old Account

EDIT: CBA to read through 6 pages of QQ, but from quotes etc. I see some mages saying that their dps is on par with what they did before patch, and lower on some fights. I suggest that you learn to play your class again, like everyone else has to. You are just as stupid as the hunters and rets that are complaining.
    I heard Marrowgar was making a setback and returning as every boss in Cataclysm. Confirm/deny?
    BfA Beta Time

uhm, dps could pull 21k in icc before patch just to let you know

I did over 21k PRE patch on Marrowgar.
    How is OP if we do the same or Less single target damage?

Also we dont have to relearn the class. single target DPS is the EXACT same rotation, just have to time combustion correctly. Only skill oriented change that came in was using Impact on multi-target fights.
    Then adapt to the changes and do more you tool. Unless you are one of the mages in his guild, then your point is invalid. Must be embarassing for you doing less dps now when even people that have mages as undergeared alts have figured out how to use them now and increase their dps a lot.

EDIT: oh and if you were doing 21k before patch then the nerf (that doesn't exist) was fair. And so is this one.

Deleted
    30-40k aimed shot, kill commands and claws - noticed.
    60k conflags, 30k hand of guldans and instant soulfires - noticed
    boomkins outdps`ing firemages - noticed.
    Warlocks and Shadow priests outhealing hybrids and healers in bg´s - noticed
    30-40k 4 stacked Ab`s and 20k icelances ----------------------Shitstorm!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... you mages got by far the best looking tier 11 so you don't get to whine for a while... yes I know it's a strain for the most spoiled class in the game but I have faith in you...

Then adapt to the changes and do more you tool. Unless you are one of the mages in his guild, then your point is invalid. Must be embarassing for you doing less dps now when even people that have mages as undergeared alts have figured out how to use them now and increase their dps a lot.

EDIT: oh and if you were doing 21k before patch then the nerf (that doesn't exist) was fair. And so is this one.
    Look at my armory. that is all. or World of logs rather.

Or compare yourself:

Last week's Rotface 21.6k
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7665&e=7822

This weeks Rotface (1k More than last week, not a Huge difference, a great single target fight for the most part)22.6k
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4941&e=5090
    Last edited by Alicella; 2010-10-14 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    What this person said.
    the reason is blizzard simply love moonkins and ever has since they put in starfall

What nerf are mages getting exactly?

Dal/Shatt portals removed = buff for mages
    T11 = buff for mages (that is awesome)
    Heroism/Bloodlust = buff for mages

Just kidding of course.....kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    30-40k aimed shot, kill commands and claws - noticed.
    60k conflags, 30k hand of guldans and instant soulfires - noticed
    boomkins outdps`ing firemages - noticed.
    Warlocks and Shadow priests outhealing hybrids and healers in bg´s - noticed
    30-40k 4 stacked Ab`s and 20k icelances ----------------------Shitstorm!!
    70k arcane blasts actually

and warlocks are getting nerfed too, as well as spriests