resto gemming and reforging

I'm currently gemmed for haste where ever i can.

now on to my questions

1. should i re-gem my gear for int or keep the haste gems in

2. what should i take from gear for reforging.

and what are the stat priority for resto? my idea is that its

int>mastery>haste>spirit>crit

note that that's what i think it is. if this is not it please tell me

i've been unable to find the answers if there there please point me to them

ty

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wondering about those things a lot too.

I don't think regemming is necessary. I regemmed a tiny bit though. I've always liked getting socket bonuses, so I replaced a few haste gems with orange and green ones. Nothing spectacular. It's just that I've always liked 'tidy-looking' gear.

What I will do when I get home from work tonight is reforge my spirit to haste or crit, depending on the item.

For example, my Unclean Surgical Gloves that only have haste now will lose a chunk of their spirit and get a bit of crit. And my T10 legs will lose some spirit and get a nice bit of haste from that. I don't think it will make much of a difference, but I wanna reforge stuff! It's new, I want to play with that feature ^^

I'm absolutely not sure that we'll need mastery at all. It's such an elusive stat when you look at healing, and I'm not sure if we can reach a point yet where we actually notice that "oh! that 100 extra mastery rating really did something!" Get what I mean?

If raiding works out tonight, I may be able to decide if I want to keep my haste (it's usually about 1500 - 1600 in a raid when I switch trinket and all) or if I find that I'll be better off using Reckless Ametrines in the yellow sockets or maybe int gems in the red ones too, etc.

I'm a bit lost, but excited to finally try it all out after yesterday's patching marathon.

I just hope my grid + clique combo will be fully functional again tonight or I'll have to quickly grab an alternative somewhere.

I wouldn't reforge towards mastery because the current health pools won't grant your heals that much benefit from it yet. Perhaps at 85 in epic gear it'll be worthwhile. I'm sticking with pre-patch stats (capped or over for haste, decent crit to go along with that, and whatever regen's left after all that). As everyone has easy access to 251-264 gear now, I'm letting my int be as it is. I've got 34k mana unbuffed and the natural growth of my spellpower has always suited me fine without gemming for it.
    So for me personally, I'm staying with haste (at least 1269)> crit/int> spirit> mastery

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what komaru said.

Unlike other healers our mastery is not worthwhile until people get really high HP. Our mastery is really nice, but not in environment where everyone is either on full HP or dead.

Also, CH is one of few AoE spells w/o cooldown (so hope they won't change it) and it still has 2.5 sec cast time. It benefits greatly from haste.

I believe haste is still a stat that we should gem.

been unable to get grid to work but clique works fine.

I'm really not sure about removing the little spirit i already have I've got 648 combat regen is that enough or what?and is it safe to assume the stat prio for gear is

int>haste>cri>spirit>mastery then?

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 04:57 PM ----------

can any1 confirm that the haste cap for resto is still 1249 because if that's the case I've just hit the cap also would spirit which is our mp5 be a good thing to keep?

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    You don't need spirit at lvl 80, 648 in combat regen is enormous amount