Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is shadowpriest nerfed now ?

As you can understand i haven't got the chance to play the new patch yet, but i saw that shadowpriest did a ridiculous amount of dps. Mostly because of the shadow word: death spam. Is this nerfed yet ? Would love to see my dps fly high before moving on to the normal :P

Yup, tested it this morning the nerf was applied last night.

yesterday my SWD was crting for 15k now it crits for 6k my mind blast was critting for 12k now it crits for 6k. Looks like the halved everything.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks, would be fun to feel the "power" before they nerfed it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Haedess View Post
    That sucks, would be fun to feel the "power" before they nerfed it :P
    It was such a lovely power... I don't understand why the nerf after the patch because on the ptr shadow was like that for almost the entire ptr testing and they just now nerf it?

Oh well RIP shadow word death crits.

Yeah the SW was OP...but it was soooo much fun playing a SP in pvp again......It almost felt like i was playing TBC again, because I was pwning people...SOOO MUCH FUN, and Blizzard nerfed us lol [ QQ Button] QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yup, tested it this morning the nerf was applied last night.

yesterday my SWD was crting for 15k now it crits for 6k my mind blast was critting for 12k now it crits for 6k. Looks like the halved everything.
    YE MI MINDBLATZZZ HIT FOR ELEVENTY HUNDRED NOW THEY HIT FOR LESS THAN NIN TOUSANDZ.
    I can look like an idiot too.

MB wasn't touched.
    SWD was nerfed by about ~15%

That's prolly u having less buffs or something... Cause for me the numbers are the same...
    Plus they won't nerf the dmg of any of the spells..my guess ( from what i read @ the blue post ) is that they will nerf SW glyph. Which tbh might be fun now but at some point it would be useless since u wouldn't be able to spam SW cause u'd die when healers would have to focus the tanks.
    Cheers
    Zoulis

Deleted
    Was still ridiculously high in a toc25 run I did half an hour ago.

26k dps on twins, the dark essence absorbs the backlash damage giving you perma-empowered darkness sub-25% and no risk of dying (except for pulling aggro)

Hopefully those changes will be reverted for Level 85...
    Else mastery is beyond useless and SW won't be used again -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubble View Post
    YE MI MINDBLATZZZ HIT FOR ELEVENTY HUNDRED NOW THEY HIT FOR LESS THAN NIN TOUSANDZ.
    I can look like an idiot too.

MB wasn't touched.
    SWD was nerfed by about ~15%
    Um? ok, 15% 50% we both dont have numbers to back it up but I(personal experience for my priest) went from 15k crits to 6k SWD crits. Get some sleep bud and stop trying to troll.

Don't believe me that's fine, I can see my own numbers myself and don't you to confirm it for me, they possibly buffed resilience like they said they wanted to (since I was talking about pvp) which reduced the damage even more.
    Last edited by zito; 2010-10-14 at 02:49 PM.

The spam was the problem... so instead of fixing the spam they nerf the damage so that the spell isn't worth casting at all?

No cause then they are Gibing our SW in the whole fight and also doing Mind Melt a useless talent for PvE ... i'm pretty sure they are only gonna nerf the Glyph...or nerf SW abit so we can spam it but just do less dmg but it will sure still be worth casting.. worth alot also
    Cheers
    Zoulis

Um? ok, 15% 50% we both dont have numbers to back it up but I(personal experience for my priest) went from 15k crits to 6k SWD crits. Get some sleep bud and stop trying to troll.

Don't believe me that's fine, I can see my own numbers myself and don't you to confirm it for me, they possibly buffed resilience like they said they wanted to (since I was talking about pvp) which reduced the damage even more.
    OMG IM WRONG, OTHER PERSON MUST BE A TROLL, UNBELIEVABLE.
    Stop being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubble View Post
    I believe SW was nerfed in the last ~30 minutes.
    3850 SP (BiS)
    Was 8000 non crit
    Now 6400 non crit
    Its funny that you claimed they nerfed MB by 50%, when it wasn't even touched.
    I guess its one of those days where a 10m kingslayer tells me how to play my class lol....

If its the spam that's the problem, wouldn't the easiest solution be to increase the damage we take from SWD?

From what I've seen, nothing got touched except Death, in the sense that it crits for about 20k self-buffed.
    It used to crit for 25k+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Yeah the SW was OP...but it was soooo much fun playing a SP in pvp again......It almost felt like i was playing TBC again, because I was pwning people...SOOO MUCH FUN, and Blizzard nerfed us lol [ QQ Button] QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    'SW' Shadow Word: Smiley ... i lol'd

The reason for Blizzard not "testing stuff on PTR OMG" is that there was no raid-tests on PTR, and all talents and spells are currently modified for Cataclysm.

Okay, could you give some sort of qualifier for how you tested this?

Was it hitting for 15k against target dummies yesterday and 6k today? Or was it against players since you mentioned Resilience? Because against players that feedback is pretty much completely useless unless you know what gear they were wearing, what effects they had on them, ect.
    If you could provide any proof or back up what you are claiming in any way then people would be less likely to disagree with you or call you out. Since nobody else has seen anything close to what you are claiming, the burden of proof is on you.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Known problems with spriests atm,

1) Dispel Protection is garbage needs to reaccessed and changed completely or buffed to do damage again.

2) Mastery is bad and way too RNG'y, give spriests the ability to consume orbs to provide some passive buff as well as the MB increase (take MS out of it because all it does is waste orbs and doesnt let us setup a good MB crit with paralysis).

3) Get rid of Mind spike wiping DoT's we need a way to peel people off of us a majority of the time, not off of others. Wiping DoTs on a kill target means that the time we spend getting away has to be used to reapply dots, not cool.

4)Shadowy apparitions walk way too slow and are really only useful for melee classes. Increase run speed and nerf damage is the only way im gonna spec into that come 85.

5) SW: D glyps needs a nerf the increased damage below 25% is good but the ability to spam it? no thanks.

Some things i've analyzed over the last few days of this pre-cata patch

Being part of the Beta one of the first things I noticed when playing my shadow priest is that the glyph would be major problem. I don't quite understand how they are only realise this now. Does Blizzard have no foresight?