As tanks how are you helping DPS "re-tool".

I'm a bit of a lurker, but I still consider myself well informed.

Due to the changes in threat associated with several abilities that used to make AoE tanking relatively faceroll, I've noticed the need to "re-tool" or "re-educate" the general DPS populus that make-up the random dungeon queue.

I understand that some players have a nice pool of guild members, friends, and ventrillo communication to fill the "duh" factor gap. Meanwhile the rest of us who dare brave the random dungeon queue must find relief in other ways.

As a tank who likes to disclaim well before he gets flamed in group by irresponsible DPS I've decided to macro a message indicating how tanking is intended to work, and therefore how DPS is intended to attach itself to the new threat model. Now, please correct me if my intentions are misguided:

(this would of course be directed at /party chat)
    Macro 1:
    Tanking, as of this most recent patch has changed, heavy AoE threat no longer applies, therefore the previous rules of dps no longer apply. On multiple target pulls I will be marking a kill order (1)Skull, (2)red X, (3)Square, (4)Star (anything beyond four will be ignored, the AoE threat I use should hold them to me, and simply /assist me through the remainder of the unmarked mobs). If you follow these steps, I should never lose aggro, and we all win. However if you blatantly ignore the order I will not waste effort to taunt off of you until that target is due to be killed.

Macro 2:
    If you must drop AoE thats fine, my AoE threat should override yours just don't drop AoE IMMEDIATELY before I can get a few GCD's off. Remember that abilities can miss, or many mobs stun/knockdown and do so in chain-like fashion. All of which deny my ability to establish aggro as quickly as you're used to in previous game versions. IN SHORT GIVE ME TIME TO GET THREAT ESTABLISHED BEFORE AOE.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    great idea only no one will listen and they will probly vote kick you

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

Random vote-kick is always a possibility. Although its rare for a tank, unless they are genuinly undergeared/bad. always easier to replace a dps in the current state of random dungeon queues.

But even if i can't get people to consider the new playstyle now given the changed mechanics and old WotLK dungeon structure/mob behavior that doesn't quite match up properly. I'm confident that the culture shift will occur once the new dungeons demand it. Eventually people will either adapt or quit.

Hopefully Blizzard doesn't give in to anyone complaining about dungeon difficulty, or the need for greater AoE threat /nonexistentbugfix. From the blue posts I've read up until now I don't think they will.

If a dps is clueless about the changes of threat then they are probably too ADD to read more than a few lines.

I was planning on a macro upon entering an instance, something like this:

"Kill order is Skull > X > Square. (adding this at 85) CC is Condom > Triangle. If you are not a healer and pull aggro on anything other than the dps focus target, you've got less than a 50% chance of me taunting off you."

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta View Post
    i agree, op may want to change the wording to be a little less forward, or 1 of the ADD dps will vote kick, with the rest surely to follow.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

I will help dps retool by pullign aggro and dying

Quote Originally Posted by Thalruin View Post
    If a dps is clueless about the changes of threat then they are probably too ADD to read more than a few lines.

I was planning on a macro upon entering an instance, something like this:

"Kill order is Skull > X > Square. (adding this at 85) CC is Condom > Triangle. If you are not a healer and pull aggro on anything other than the dps focus target, you've got less than a 50% chance of me taunting off you."
    Yeah, i do need to trim the wording down, I like your version better. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta View Post
    This really, showing any weakness/inexperience (In any role, not just tanking) is practically like sticking a "Kick me please"-sign to your back and bending over, and for the kill-order macro you will want to make, less is more, no offense but the version in the OP reads like a license agreement, make a simple line of text along the lines of "Kill order: Skull, Red X, Pyramid, Circle. CC Star and square", you can always do the "You pull it, you die from it"-routine after the first mess-up, but again, keep it brief, otherwise it will turn into something like this post: too wordy :P