Divine Aegis change and Renew

How did I miss this? They changed divine aegis to proc off all crit heals, and now that all hots and dots benefit from haste and crit, divine aegis will now proc off of renew crits. I personally find this to be amazing for many reasons, and feel I will be using renew where I used to use flash heal. Flash heal still remains a great emergency heal but renew is awesome now.

1) Renew does not remove grace from your tank like flash heal.
    2) Mental Agility reduces the mana cost of renew.
    3) Combined with Glyph of Renew and Improved Renew, it heals for quite a bit.
    4) Even as the target takes damage, and divine aegis is removed renew can continue to tick, and crit, and reapply divine aegis.

Here is my current spec: http://wowtal.com/#k=G18Lz64h.a67.priest.qYAwaR

15+ Year Old Account
    I take it you're not disc to be a tank healer? I haven't tried disc or holy yet, but if you went disc to raid heal post-4.0.1 you chose wrong IMO
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

So you haven't played disc or holy, but I'm wrong? After 3 or 4 smite casts, which are healing the lowest party member in 8 yards of the boss, penance is off cooldown already, while shield is absorbing around 10k damage and renew ticking away. Heal heals for less than atonement and takes longer to cast. The way I see it you have two options: atonement and train of thought, or no attonement and strength of soul heal/shield spam. Both accomplish about the same thing, while atonement brings 2500 dps while healing.
    Last edited by Popesickle; 2010-10-14 at 06:10 PM.

Well Renew definitly has proper potential now for Discipline Priests but you cant compare it to Flash Heal since you ONLY cast Flash Heal to do a fast heal, that you didnt have time to cast Greater Heal for

Renew is and will always be HoT, therefore its not even close to be emergency heal :Z

Quote Originally Posted by Popesickle View Post
    So you haven't played disc or holy, but I'm wrong? After 3 or 4 smite casts, which are healing the lowest party member in 8 yards of the boss, penance is off cooldown already, while shield is absorbing around 10k damage and renew ticking away. Heal heals for less than atonement and takes longer to cast. The way I see it you have two options: atonement and train of thought, or no attonement and strength of soul heal/shield spam. Both accomplish about the same thing, while atonement brings 2500 dps while healing.

Wait...what? Strength of Soul is the same thing as smite spamming? What? PW:S and Heal spam actually heals the tank 100% of the time. I don't think you can keep a raid tank up with Atonement, PW:S every 15 seconds and Penance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

WIth renew, Divine Aegis keeps stacking as long as you get crits, I don't know if this is a bug or not. I am also finding a break point with haste where we get 5 ticks from renew, and its around 12.75% haste. Dropping haste to this point, and reforging the rest to mastery and crit may turn out to work best for using renew for raid healing, as 5 ticks will maximize the mana efficiency, and more crit will proc more divine aegis which will absorb more with higher mastery.

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 04:31 PM ----------

Another strange but good occurrence, borrowed time haste affects renew. I cast renew in my shadow gear (30% haste) and renew ticked 5 times, with borrowed time, renew ticked 6 times. Anyone know if there is a formula already figured out for this? Shield + renew with the right amount of haste + 14% from borrowed time to add an additional tick?

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 04:37 PM ----------

20% haste appears to be the sweet spot where you get 5 ticks on renew without borrowed time, and you also get 6 ticks with borrowed time.