Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cool Elitist Jerks Dk Threads

Consider has already taken the liberty of doing the math and theorycrafting for all 3 Dk DPS types. There are already EJ threads written up with all the details you could possibly want to know about spec, gearing, and particularly reforging.

Hopefully those guides will eliminate alot of the questions about what is best for each spec. I'll get links later if people are having a hard time finding them for some reason.

Also, as a summarizing point, all 3 specs (dw frost, 2h frost, and 2h UH) are within 2% DPS of eachother; the closest they have ever been. This is all assuming you're gemmed and reforged appropriately for your spec.

Frost: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t105701-...love_like_you/

Unholy: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t105521-...rongest_flame/
    Last edited by Ripkit; 2010-10-14 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Links

but wat spec is best n how do u gem rite?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripkit View Post
    Also, as a summarizing point, all 3 specs (dw frost, 2h frost, and 2h UH) are within 2% DPS of eachother; the closest they have ever been. This is all assuming you're gemmed and reforged appropriately for your spec.
    This also assuming EJ is worth a damn to even pay attention to, they are not always right and their math is not defacto.
    For the Worgen! Furries of WoW unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Aragen View Post
    This also assuming EJ is worth a damn to even pay attention to, they are not always right and their math is not defacto.
    They are better to turn to than anyone else.

Unless you want to do the sims yourself, I would take their advice.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP is correct, the information Consider provides is very high quality and should utilized.

Simply go to EJ - Forum - Death Knight - Pick your spec (frost dw and 2h are in the same thread)

Personally i'm glad blizzard brought back frost 2h with competitive dps, even if it plays nothing like it did during 3.1.

Well, in saying EJ (and by extension Consider) is incorrect, your saying computer algorithms are less accurate than peoples ballpark estimates of what they *think* could be the best for their spec. I'm going to go with math over peoples misguided mental calculations.

Do you have one specific example of 'their faulty math'? I used the UH thread to redo my DK after the patch and I'm rocking way more DPS now, and doing more damage than people in better gear. And I haven't even reforged yet. So I would say their guides are pretty spot on.

@ OP: I know the EJ threads are easy to find, but this thread would be a lot better if it had the appropriate links in the first post.

So where do you get your information from? Is their math "defacto"? Lol.
    Beta Club Brosquad

EJ worship is stupid.
    they are a great resource, but they aren't the be all and end all.
    read the threads, see what works best for you in-game.

although ignore those threads right now as they are largely useless since it's all looking at 85 and we don't know what 85 will actually be like since changes aint done in any way shape or form.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    EJ worship is stupid.
    they are a great resource, but they aren't the be all and end all.
    read the threads, see what works best for you in-game.

although ignore those threads right now as they are largely useless since it's all looking at 85 and we don't know what 85 will actually be like since changes aint done in any way shape or form.
    It's not looking at 85, hurf durf read before you speak. Unless you think anyone believes that DBW will be BiS at 85.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I think Consider's reputation is well established to anyone who seriously follows DK game mechanics and theory. It's not "EJ worship", it's just that he chose to post the information there, since EJ is the central hub of high quality information transfer pertaining to this game. Taking into account that he wrote the Unholy thread for much of WOTLK, which, whether you want to believe it or not, was always 100% accurate in the areas of gemming, spec, enchanting, glyphs, rotation, etc.

This game is not a game that leaves room for "what suits you best." It's a game founded solely on numbers and their interaction with the game environment. There is no ambiguity when it comes to sims and numbers, there is only 1 correct way to do things in the game in order to perform at an optimum level, and Consider takes the time out of his day to find out what that is for the benefit of the community.

I don't worship anyone, but thank the gods for the EJ and what they do. I could NEVER spend this much effort theorycrafting (and neither could most people I would guess). This is too nerdy even for me (and I'm a nerd in chief, goddamnit!).

I trust in their data only because they've been at it long enough and know what they are doing. That said, they can be right bastards sometimes, which is why I only ever READ their forums.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

Is there's a possibility to see DW unholy viable anytime soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by netwar_ View Post
    No.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netwar_ View Post
    It was checked, it ran behind by quite a large margin. I think it is about as good as 2h frost used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    One thing I still don't really get from the EJ unholy thread:
    In a situation when you have one death rune and a frost rune, is it better to hit FeS or to SS? Priority technically says that SS should be used, but I don't really like an idea of leaving a frost rune sitting there... we don't have RE, and FeS hits for comparable amount to SS, so why not get one more death rune instead of letting it sit and wait for another blood rune to come up? This will propably turn irrelevant as early as level 81 because of Outbreak, but right now it feels a little confusing.
    Last edited by _Khasim_; 2010-10-14 at 09:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

Usually I agree and tend to not pay too much attention to the EJ boards (you people keep me busy enough as it is) but I am fully confident in any information that Consider posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gammer View Post
    but wat spec is best n how do u gem rite?
    Considering the current resources in this thread, if you still cant figure that out, you are horrible and a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by _Khasim_ View Post
    One thing I still don't really get from the EJ unholy thread:
    In a situation when you have one death rune and a frost rune, is it better to hit FeS or to SS? Priority technically says that SS should be used, but I don't really like an idea of leaving a frost rune sitting there... we don't have RE, and FeS hits for comparable amount to SS, so why not get one more death rune instead of letting it sit and wait for another blood rune to come up? This will propably turn irrelevant as early as level 81 because of Outbreak, but right now it feels a little confusing.
    Are your diseases going to fall off in <6 seconds?
    Yes: FeS
    No: SS and sit on that frost rune for another second